Official XDA 2015 Forum Template Bugs & Issues Thread

xnv

Sep 24, 2014
This theme looks nice but it's a shame there's not option to turn off that bar on the top. Also, it feels less space friendly.

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
I have found a bug that the reply box is small as what on Internet explorer 11 on the new 2015 template

Don't watch that bad mistake about internet explorer 8 on my screenshot :) looks all the same almost :p.
Further the theme is nice :D I was already using it before.
These 2 bugs aren't on chrome, only on explorer.
Also the squares around the device pictures are looking weird with the Black rectangle, could you guys maybe replace it with the light gray one's like you have on the other's also?

I am using Internet explorer 11, 1280x1024 resolution, On windows8.1.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gunman84

Nov 11, 2011
Љубљана
I like the new look and all :good:, but i have i request and i know that i'm not the only one with the same request, what i wanted to say is, I HATE THAT SIDEBAR AND TOP BAR WE SHOULD HAVE AN OPTION TO DISABLE IT :mad:

Reactions: KreAch3R

skeleton1911

May 4, 2012
münster
hi
only want to report :

how is it possible to reply a private message? (not quick reply)
the button for it is under the right side bar and its not possible to klick on it.

Guich

May 18, 2012
Somewhere
hi
only want to report :

how is it possible to reply a private message? (not quick reply)
the button for it is under the right side bar and its not possible to klick on it.
Hey mate, i can reply to a message, the layout is fine here.
I'm using Chrome 64 bit on OSX Yosemite Dev Preview 8.

skeleton1911

May 4, 2012
münster
Still able to reply with Firefox...
Maybe it's an issue on windows or linux.
have you got a private message with many replys?
for me all is fine when i have 4-5 replys .
when there are more the sidebar hides that button..
the screenshot i made had 11 replys
( Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: test )

jhuff83

Jun 15, 2010
Am I missing something? I can't seem to figure out how to subscribe to actual forums.

Edit: Disregard, I figured it out. I was wanting to subscribe to the entire Sprint GS5 thread but see I have to do each forum within that separately.

Last edited:

frantisek.nesveda

Jan 10, 2012
Personally I think the forum layout is too cluttered... I have a 1080p display and when I open a forum, I can only see 3 valid threads without scrolling, the rest is occupied with toolbars and stickies and such.
I made a mockup here showing how I think the design could be improved and uncluttered. Compared to the original layout I saved ~300px of vertical space, which could really help people on screens with smaller resolution.
Here goes:

Attachments

Reactions: tycoo

Guich

May 18, 2012
Somewhere
have you got a private message with many replys?
for me all is fine when i have 4-5 replys .
when there are more the sidebar hides that button..
the screenshot i made had 11 replys
( Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: test )
I've some pm with 8-9 replies and all it's fine.
If you want pm me, so we can try to do that issue I'd like to help you :)

Guich

May 18, 2012
Somewhere
Personally I think the forum layout is too cluttered... I have a 1080p display and when I open a forum, I can only see 3 valid threads without scrolling, the rest is occupied with toolbars and stickies and such.
I made a mockup here showing how I think the design could be improved and uncluttered. Compared to the original layout I saved ~300px of vertical space, which could really help people on screens with smaller resolution.
Here goes:
Hey mate, I have an iMac 27', so i resized Chrome like your resolution on the screenshot and i have a lot of thread :)
Well, i think they did a good job, and real issue are others, but we're here to talk about it! :)

Reactions: poondog

doubleu

Jun 8, 2006
For those of you wanting the right pane (Trending in Themes, XDA Portal Posts) thing gone, you can switch back to the XDA 2013 theme by going to User Control Panel > Edit Options, and scroll ALL the way to the bottom to change it.

rharshit

Jul 17, 2012
Mumbai
The theme looks great. New and refreshing.
Glad to see the mobile vision too.
Just one thing that bugged me. In the mobile version of the site, the sidebar lags a bit too much while swiping horizontally.
Hope this small bug kind of thing gets rectified soon :D

Sent from my Xperia M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments