Official XDA 2015 Forum Template Bugs & Issues Thread

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
For those of you wanting the right pane (Trending in Themes, XDA Portal Posts) thing gone, you can switch back to the XDA 2013 theme by going to User Control Panel > Edit Options, and scroll ALL the way to the bottom to change it.
We know that - but the new Dark theme looks amazing, would be great if there was an option to remove that silly sidebar in that one ;)

Reactions: Gunman84

galaxyfreak

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 10, 2012
Split
Looks like dark design is a problem as device pictures are JPEG (no transparency).

But here is another problem with Dark Variant:

Specs summary box background is white.

Gunman84

Nov 11, 2011
Љубљана
Just go to the bottom of the forum and at the left you can see the listbox for change it.

Well, I don't know that admin will do, but check that post, the reply at my post :)
Well i do hope they're going to change that, a lot of members don't like those bars and sidebars very much. But i think they will add the option eventually, because i guess it's not quite finished yet. But putting all the issues aside, the new theme sure looks great, especially the dark one.;):)

Nimueh

Recognized Contributor
May 19, 2012
I'll stick with XDA 2013 theme until the right sidebar is made optional
Thanks all the same.
Yes, same here - as amazing as the Dark theme looks it's pretty much unusable with that sidebar taking up so much space. I don't mind the top bar at all, but that sidebar ... nope :crying:

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
I've noticed a couple of bugs with the dark theme.
1) The specs box to devices is white and conflicts with the dark theme.
2) The tweet this post and share this post on facebook buttons do not appear. They appear to still be click-able however.

el_smurfo

Oct 21, 2009
Switched immediately back to 2013, then realized, I was using 2010 all along. Both of these new themes have waaaaay too much empty space on the screen. This is a technical forum, not a design or "material" forum, so information density should take precedence over large swaths of white space.

Last edited:

Guich

May 18, 2012
Somewhere
Switched immediately back to 2013, then realized, I was using 2010 all along. Both of these new themes have waaaaay too much empty space on the screen. This is a technical forum, not a design or "material" forum, so information density should take precedence over large swaths of white space.
Yeah, but new styles on those days is the material design, also other sites are upgrading the new layout.
All android apps and some on desktop will have the material design, also some sites.
Why don't update?
Anyway you can choose which theme you want.
Honestly, the 2015 is the best theme xda ever had.

svetius

User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
Just want to thank everyone for posting bugs and issues here! We're reading every post and are taking notes. Just want to address a few specific things....

i am using firefox
and it looks like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/87bvpjp7x6spof0/Screenshot 2014-09-25 19.41.08.png?dl=0
the reply button is there where i make the red line... :p
What's your screen resolution?

I just had an orgasm switching to Dark theme! Thanks XDA!
:highfive: :highfive:

The theme looks great. New and refreshing.
Glad to see the mobile vision too.
Just one thing that bugged me. In the mobile version of the site, the sidebar lags a bit too much while swiping horizontally.
Hope this small bug kind of thing gets rectified soon :D
That's not a bug. We stick the sidebar on mobile so that you don't get a huge gulf of white space as you scroll. :cool:

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Hey mate, I have an iMac 27', so i resized Chrome like your resolution on the screenshot and i have a lot of thread :)
Well, i think they did a good job, and real issue are others, but we're here to talk about it! :)
Guichy some of us have normal computers :)

I'd also like to vouch for the side of no sidebar, I have used xda2013 1024 theme since it was available and I don't need to see my PMs (I can see them at the top) and I don't use themer, so to me its a bit of wasted space. I'd much rather have the thread or whatever spread across the whole theme

That said, I am really digging the new theme, if the sidebar stays then I'll have to get used to it!

Thanks

Mikanoshi

Aug 9, 2013
Soviet ☭ Russia
en.mikanoshi.name
Why top DevDB tabs and announcement are dark even in light theme?
Dark theme is not as nearly as harmonic as the light one. It will also conflict with a lot of user images, because most of them were created for white background.
With a little user css magic light theme becomes pretty compact and usable :)

VTCruzer

May 23, 2013
Virgina Beach, VA
Whenever I try to look at a user's created threads it shoves them to the right under the portal posts.

Also when trying to open a portal post I have to open in a new tab. Regular left clicking doesn't work.

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
Do you really think this sh*t is improvement and good design?! Can you even find on the screenshot place for writing new post?

2010 theme is the best, please keep it or prepare to lose users.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone