[OFFICIAL XDA][BETA][MAR 19]XDA Labs: Forum App + App Installer + Xposed Repo

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodman

Senior Moderator / RC-RT & Moderator Committees
Staff member
Jul 21, 2012
France
@blk_jack, is it possible to get latest post position when we click on an external link from another app (e.g. email notification from xda which has link to a thread)? Is it something easy to fix ?
When doing this, we have a loading popup with "Parsing URL..." but it ends up on the first page of the thread, not the latest unread..
I hope to be clear. :)

MathewBrack

Senior Member - Social Media Manager - News Writer
Hey all, we're really proud of this! If you have feedback please feel free to say so in this thread or post feedback to us privately.
:D
long term suggestion: for the wallpaper section, 500px integration would be amazing, a huge selection of amazing images/photos. it's open source and can be found on github

svetius

User Experience Admin
Dec 23, 2009
Does this mean the xda one app is dead and completly integrated into labs? Sounds good to me as I don't want two apps which almost do the same thing even though labs is working better at first try.
Great question. XDA One was intended to be a jumping off point until we could have a better app plan, and that's what XDA Labs is. So we aren't 100% sure what we will do (open to suggestions!) but as of now, our focus is on Labs. :cowboy:

Ozgurce

Jun 29, 2011
www.mnyk.net
Bug report
I cant login with my account. I think its related to unicode characters on my user name. I cant aeem to login with google account either, it says offline permisson allow or deny. Even if i select allow its repeatly ask the same permission.

SM-N920C cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

:D
long term suggestion: for the wallpaper section, 500px integration would be amazing, a huge selection of amazing images/photos. it's open source and can be found on github
I dont think so. It must be xda related. Like wallpapers from xda users. We can download the 500px app and look for there. I think it must be unique for us. Thats my suggestion anyway :)

SM-N920C cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Reactions: bitpushr

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
Just noticed display bugs (navigation drawer too wide, swipe to refresh on navigation drawer & two fields in search screen).
In future do you planned to open a translation project on Crowdin (free for open source apps) and release this app on F-Droid store?
Very weird to see this navdrawer issue. What device/resolution/etc? More info is better.

I personally love Crowdin. Have used it for a few projects and would love to use it for this one too. I also love & use F-Droid for an app of mine. I think we're open to a lot of things right now, but we'll see based on feedback from you guys.

@blk_jack, is it possible to get latest post position when we click on an external link from another app (e.g. email notification from xda which has link to a thread)? Is it something easy to fix ?
When doing this, we have a loading popup with "Parsing URL..." but it ends up on the first page of the thread, not the latest unread..
I hope to be clear. :)
Very clear. I've made note of it, thanks!

Bug report
I cant login with my account. I think its related to unicode characters on my user name. I cant aeem to login with google account either, it says offline permisson allow or deny. Even if i select allow its repeatly ask the same permission.
Again, from OP:
Q: I found a bug! Fix it!
Yea yea, sure sure. First, if possible, download the latest debug build. Second, recreate your issue while capturing a log using logcat. Third, post a brief description of how to re-create your issue, with your device information and the log attached. It's that easy!
There is a note in the known issues IRT unicode, but we've had other users with unicode in their name able to login. The bottom line is I need more info. Logs! Logs!!!

Looks great, try it for now, maybe i can add my apps to this apps :highfive:
Please do! We're looking for active devs to use this platform. If it helps you out and makes sense then please by all means!

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
A question: I downloaded caf chromium using this app, where can I find the apk??? There isn't in download folder...
After the download is finished it launches the installer for it. It uses the Android DownloadManager and puts it in /sdcard/Android/data/com.xda.labs/. That said, if there's an issue. Grab the debug build & upload a log.

Reactions: Ja_som and Wyneg

ANDR01DN00B

Apr 30, 2013
Your downstairs basement
Hey bros! This app looks really nice, but unfortunately on my Nexus 6 running Cataclysm Marshmallow, I get an FC on start (the dialogue pops up before the app even starts). The log can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B64IJ9xlDpb4OGh0YVpEbEhoVkk/view?usp=docslist_api

Cheers!

Sent using XDA One

Reactions: blk_jack
D

Darth

One helpful thing here maybe.... Is anyone with 6.0 able to open the app without a FC?

So far the only FC reports seem to be 6.0 related.

TonikJDK

Dec 9, 2012
One helpful thing here maybe.... Is anyone with 6.0 able to open the app without a FC?

Not a single FC since I put it in 4 hours ago and I have been in and out quite a few times. Nexus 6 with 6.0 rooted with Franco's kernel.

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto

Looks like an issue relating to missing Android resources. I took away the OS related references and put 'em in the app, should fix the crash. At the airport waiting for a delayed flight right now so I have some time to kill. Update out soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.