• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL][zippo] LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) for the Lenovo Z6 Pro

Search This thread

BastiBrokkoli

Jul 13, 2021
Yup. done that.
anyway just used QFIL to flash to 11.5.381 and phone back to life. now ready to go in another cycle to flash to LineageOS18.1 again :)

Update :) I managed to flash to LineageOS18.1 right after moved to 11.5.381. seem like there is a MUST. all good so far only camera cant launched..will flash google camera ...happy!
Hello guys, just to let you know:
i was in a quite similar situation like cheensiong.

Had bought the phone stock with the global rom and only managed to get the bootloader unlocked. LineageOS recovery didnt worked, but TWRP Recovery worked fine. After installation of Firmware cn12.5.262 and LineageOS18.1 i got stuck with Qualcomm Crash Dump. Then i reflashed successful to Chinese CN11.1.105 via the QPST tool from Qualcomm and tried it all over. Again, got stuck with CrashDump.
Finally i flashed CN11.5.381 and after this i got LineageOS18.1 working.

Now iam happy and i hope this Information is useful :)

Ojillos

Apr 4, 2021
Buenas , creo que a todos nos ocurre que el software que viene por defecto con la cámara es bastante malo.
He escuchado comentarios de que con un mod de la Google cam se soluciona el problema.

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, a new test build is going up!

device firmware of ZUI 12.5.332 is required for this build

lineage-18.1-20210815-UNOFFICIAL-zippo contains a bunch of blob updates to ZUI 12.5.332

Reactions: bamboo123456

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, so the next official build of LineageOS 18.1 for zippo will require device firmware 12.5.332 as I merged a bunch of changes for it.

I have updated the first post to reflect this and also to change the TWRP link to the official TWRP builds for zippo.

Links to upgrading your device firmware can be found in the first post.

Reactions: cheensiong

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, I just wanted to give you guys an update on what I've been up to... I got the Lenovo Z5 Pro GT (heart)working on our sm8150-common trees even though I don't own one! (y)

Next I'll look into FM not working as it should be an easy fix and also the FOD and charging speeds

Reactions: cheensiong

Ojillos

Apr 4, 2021
Buenas , he encontrado un problema en la última actualización.
El reinicio avanzado no funciona.
Tiene alguien el mismo problema? o es algo personal?

kalexel

Jun 12, 2013
Mexico City
Hi, i have a couple of problems on the latest update.

Every morning, mi alarm clock doesnt work, when i turn the screen on it says "alarm lost"

The fingerprint unlock its really bad and slow, most of the time it doesnt recognize mi finger.

¿Firmware error? ive flashed the lates one

Ojillos

Apr 4, 2021
El dispositivo de ubicación también ha dejado de responder , use la app que use no me localiza.Alguna sugerencia?. Gracias de antemano.

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@Ojillos , for me advanced restart works most of the time. I think for TWRP we need to downgrade back to 9.0 branch as 10 seems unstable on devices that aren't A/B or has dynamic partitions.

Also, for me GPS works fine. I'd recommend checking your location settings, that it is turned on and the apps have permissions to access location and also that you're outdoors as GPS has a hard time working indoors.

@kalexel , which alarm clock app are you using? I've tried stock and also Google clock and both are working fine for me. If you are trying power off alarm? That only works with stock alarm clock app. Also, please ensure in your sound settings that there is a ringtone set for your alarm clock.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210904-072718_GPS_Test.png
    Screenshot_20210904-072718_GPS_Test.png
    160.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20210904-073124_Permission_controller.png
    Screenshot_20210904-073124_Permission_controller.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 3

Kilent30

May 14, 2021
Heyyo, a new test build is going up!

device firmware of ZUI 12.5.332 is required for this build

lineage-18.1-20210815-UNOFFICIAL-zippo contains a bunch of blob updates to ZUI 12.5.332
Hi friend!

How do I install this ZUI 12.5.332 ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey @ThE_MarD !

1 - Unlock bootloader
    2 - flash recovery TRWP, I tried twrp_3.3.1_by_alexeei and twrp-3.5.2_10-0-zippo.img (last official TRWP)

So de device don't go to recovery, it keeps going to fastboot mode, so I tried with QFIL method
    LineAge QFIL recovery and TRWP QFIL

The device dosen't get in recovery mode, and keeps in infinity loop, so I flash stock global ROM with QFIL and comes normal again

WIFI I've fixed but my device doesn't has IMEI and I can't flash QSL without root because I need to set QCOM port to Diagnostic mode

[edit] well, for some reason, it finnaly got the LineAge! Now I know the right way

Thanks a lot for help!
    Heyyo, I just wanted to give you guys an update on what I've been up to... I got the Lenovo Z5 Pro GT (heart)working on our sm8150-common trees even though I don't own one! (y)

Next I'll look into FM not working as it should be an easy fix and also the FOD and charging speeds
    Heyyo @Kilent30 , the first post mentions this
    Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least cn 12.5.332. If not? Please download and install it via recovery. It can be flashed before the ROM
    Heyyo @Kilent30 , the first post mentions this
    Thanks for reply friend!

This is my first time flashing a Lenovo, how do I flash this ZUI update?
    Wich fastboot command do I use?

I just want to update the ZUI to use LineAge ROM
    I'm acutally using the Android 10 11.5.381

Thanks a lot for your help!
    will try to the new firmware and build coming weekend :)
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- zippo (L78051)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least cn 12.5.332. If not? Please download and install it via recovery. It can be flashed before the ROM

If you want to follow the official instructions for bootloader unlock? Please go to the LineageOS Wiki here:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/zippo/install

If you want to preserve a locked bootloader? Download and follow the instructions in this zip and then follow the official wiki instructions but skip the bootloader unlock section.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official instructions on the LineageOS Wiki here:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/zippo/update

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

If you want to preserve a locked bootloader? Please check TWRP downloads for bootloader locked. Otherwise please follow the bootloader unlock instructions on the LineageOS Wiki.

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least cn 12.5.332. If not? Please download and install it via recovery. It can be flashed before the ROM

- Download the LineageOS and firmware zips. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Copy the downloaded zip files to internal sdcard.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe Dalvik, system, cache and format data)

- NOTE: If coming from stock ROM? You MUST format data (Wipe > tap "Format Data" button > type "yes" > keyboard checkbox)

- Flash firmware and LineageOS zips.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Copy the LineageOS zip to internal sdcard.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Dalvik and Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

TWRP for zippo: Official

TWRP for bootloader locked:

Lineage:

- Official 18.1:
    https://download.lineageos.org/zippo

- Unofficial 18.1:
    https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-zippo/releases/p17614

- Lineage Recovery for bootloader locked:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

- MindTheGapps:
    http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

Recommended version:

Recommended config:

FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS

Minimum required versions:

- zippo (L78051) cn 12.5.332

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

DONATIONS

Heyyo, allow me to introduce myself. I am Marc "ThE_MarD" Bourgoin and I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for the LeEco Le Max 2 (X2) and was crowdfunded a zippo which I will maintain LineageOS for (with selinux enforcing of course) and maybe assist with TWRP later. I also own an Asus Zenfone 5z (Z01R) which I maintain LineageOS for (and plan to maintain TWRP) and I was also donated a Motorola Moto X4 (Payton) which I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for.

I'd like to take this moment to also thank anyone who donated to the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo! Without you? I wouldn't have this epic device in my hands to work on. (y)

Also MAJOR thanks to Zhenxiang Chen (aka pasta_con_tonno, Lucchetto) for all the amazing work he has done on zippo.

Special thanks goes out to Einar Gednochsson (aka kanstmablason, pete80pro) for organizing the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo and also a new one for KuranKaname so he can revamp our kernel.

Thanks also to hypnz, chema f, gawin and Lucky for also working in zippo and to HighwayStar who started the initial trees for heart (Lenovo z5 Pro GT) which zippo trees are based upon and Art_Chen for working on heart and zippo and also bringing us FOD Dimming and DC Dimming. :)

Thanks again to Zhenxiang and Chema f for figuring out and implementing the QFIL recovery and vbmeta while keeping the bootloader locked
    KNOWN BUGS
    • SafetyNet does not pass (Unfortunately, this is not possible as your SoC has hardware attestation... the workaround is to use unsupported mods like Magisk which tbh I haven't tried myself as I don't root my devices, but other users said that plus the SafetyNet Magisk mod works)
    Heyyo, a new test build is going up! I'm uploading it meow so it will be ready in about 10 minutes and as always the link is in the first post. lineage-18.1-20210517-UNOFFICIAL-zippo contains compatibility fixes for ZuiCamera and also fixed Miracast / WiFi Display so both audio and video work on it.
    Heyyo, a new test build is going up! I'm uploading it meow as well so it'll be ready within 10 minutes of this post and link is in the first post. lineage-18.1-20210511-UNOFFICIAL-zippo contains some selinux enforcing fixes for the LiveDisplay Sunlight Enhancement and Anti Flicker, plus another few selinux denial fixes for our sensors and for WiFi Display (I'm currently unable to test WFD though as I'm not at home) and also a required overlay for our fingerprint sensor so that apps can use it.