• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL][zippo] LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) for the Lenovo Z6 Pro

Search This thread

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@Kilent30 as the first post instructs? First, install the recovery of your choice be it TWRP or Lineage Recovery, and then format data and wipe dalvik, cache, system and then flash device firmware and then ROM and optionally GApps and then reboot to system. You do not need to first install ZUI 11 or 12, the device firmware zip covers the needed firmware version for LOS 18.1 to work good on zippo

Kilent30

May 14, 2021
Well, I tried everthing, I can't flash the custom recovery (Bootloader unlocked, dm-verity disable) everthing.
So I decided to back to Global ROM and now, I have a bigger problem...

My device keeps restarting the wifi and 4G both SIM

Have some idea? I need help with this Lenovo... Man, this is more harder than I think
Now I missing my Motorola Z2 Force...

Thanks!

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@Kilent30 , can you please describe what steps you were trying? Tbh I found zippo easier to flash custom ROMs on than my ol' dead nash.

You can try to flash TWRP via QFIL, it could be easier for you. It says locked bootloader but you can also flash it even with an unlocked bootloader

Kilent30

May 14, 2021
Hey @ThE_MarD !

1 - Unlock bootloader
2 - flash recovery TRWP, I tried twrp_3.3.1_by_alexeei and twrp-3.5.2_10-0-zippo.img (last official TRWP)

So de device don't go to recovery, it keeps going to fastboot mode, so I tried with QFIL method
LineAge QFIL recovery and TRWP QFIL

The device dosen't get in recovery mode, and keeps in infinity loop, so I flash stock global ROM with QFIL and comes normal again

WIFI I've fixed but my device doesn't has IMEI and I can't flash QSL without root because I need to set QCOM port to Diagnostic mode

[edit] well, for some reason, it finnaly got the LineAge! Now I know the right way

Thanks a lot for help!

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@Kilent30 , oof, I think your QCN is buggered so you lost IMEI which sucks... do you still have the box it came with? Usually IMEI is on there somewhere and you can search online for an IMEI Rebuilder or maybe try this one here

I'd recommend using QPST to flash ZUI CN 11.5.381 from here, and then lock your bootloader and then QFIL Lineage Recovery from here. Afterwards? Flash the device firmware and then LOS and optionally GApps and reboot to system

[edit]
sorry, forgot to send that earlier hahaha, oh well, I'll leave it on here for others to try if they have problems, glad you got it solved! (y)

Also, a new test build is going up! I'm uploading it meow so it'll be 10 minutes and link as always in the first post. lineage-18.1-20210906-UNOFFICIAL-zippo contains the upcoming changes required for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT (heart) to use the sm8150-common trees as they'll be shortly joining us for official LineageOS 18.1 and TWRP builds! Also, this build I tried downgrading the FP blobs to ZUI Q 11.5.381 but tbh for me they seem the same speed as the ZUI 12 blobs... but I'll let the users decide! This build does require device firmware for ZUI 12.5.365 which is also link in the first post under device firmware.

Last edited:

cheensiong

Nov 6, 2013
hmmmm believe the new package wasn't downloaded completely and when I applied it...I stuck at Recovery..couldn't recognise ADB Sideload..any quickest way to back to normal?

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Yeah, I'd recommend redownloading the build and then try again or trying an earlier build.

If you're on official builds? You can use the OTA Lineage Updater too. Settings > System > Advanced > Lineage Updater.

I noticed a bug in Lineage Recovery due to a recent ramdisk update, so I fixed it, but it won't be included until next week's official build.

cheensiong

Nov 6, 2013
Yeah, I'd recommend redownloading the build and then try again or trying an earlier build.

If you're on official builds? You can use the OTA Lineage Updater too. Settings > System > Advanced > Lineage Updater.

I noticed a bug in Lineage Recovery due to a recent ramdisk update, so I fixed it, but it won't be included until next week's official build.
Yeah, I am on OTA Updater.
another attempt to use QFIL to refresh it again...

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, a new test build is going up! lineage-18.1-20210921-UNOFFICIAL-zippo contains an update of our display blobs to ZUI 12.5.365 and also a small overhaul of our init scripts to optimize boot time a little bit and also minor cleanup of our manifest entries.

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, a new test build is going up! It'll be ready in 10 minutes. lineage-18.1-20210921-UNOFFICIAL-zippo contains a CAF R rebased kernel so please test everything for audio, bluetooth, FOD, DT2W, cameras and anything else you can think of. I also upgraded the display blobs with zippo's ZUI 12.5.365 and did a rework of our ramdisk to try and improve boot times a little bit and the minor cleanup of our manifest entries.

Reactions: cheensiong

cheensiong

Nov 6, 2013
Heyyo, a new test build is going up! It'll be ready in 10 minutes. lineage-18.1-20210921-UNOFFICIAL-zippo contains a CAF R rebased kernel so please test everything for audio, bluetooth, FOD, DT2W, cameras and anything else you can think of. I also upgraded the display blobs with zippo's ZUI 12.5.365 and did a rework of our ramdisk to try and improve boot times a little bit and the minor cleanup of our manifest entries.

Hope to come back LineageOS sometime soon.
Today just received Zui 12.5 bring it to Android 11, will stay on it for the moment.

Reactions: ThE_MarD

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, a new test build is going up! I'm uploading meow so it'll be ready in 10 minutes. lineage-18.1-20210926-UNOFFICIAL-zippo contains the ZUI 12.5.365 graphics blobs and also the xiaomi rebased LA.UM.9.1 kernel with some UFS patches as that could have been the cause of some crash dumps before which are hopefully resolved meow.

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope to come back LineageOS sometime soon.
    Today just received Zui 12.5 bring it to Android 11, will stay on it for the moment.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- zippo (L78051)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least cn 12.5.332. If not? Please download and install it via recovery. It can be flashed before the ROM

If you want to follow the official instructions for bootloader unlock? Please go to the LineageOS Wiki here:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/zippo/install

If you want to preserve a locked bootloader? Download and follow the instructions in this zip and then follow the official wiki instructions but skip the bootloader unlock section.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official instructions on the LineageOS Wiki here:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/zippo/update

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

If you want to preserve a locked bootloader? Please check TWRP downloads for bootloader locked. Otherwise please follow the bootloader unlock instructions on the LineageOS Wiki.

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least cn 12.5.332. If not? Please download and install it via recovery. It can be flashed before the ROM

- Download the LineageOS and firmware zips. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Copy the downloaded zip files to internal sdcard.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe Dalvik, system, cache and format data)

- NOTE: If coming from stock ROM? You MUST format data (Wipe > tap "Format Data" button > type "yes" > keyboard checkbox)

- Flash firmware and LineageOS zips.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Copy the LineageOS zip to internal sdcard.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Dalvik and Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

TWRP for zippo: Official

TWRP for bootloader locked:

Lineage:

- Official 18.1:
    https://download.lineageos.org/zippo

- Unofficial 18.1:
    https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-zippo/releases/p17614

- Lineage Recovery for bootloader locked:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

- MindTheGapps:
    http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

Recommended version:

Recommended config:

FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS

Minimum required versions:

- zippo (L78051) cn 12.5.332

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

DONATIONS

Heyyo, allow me to introduce myself. I am Marc "ThE_MarD" Bourgoin and I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for the LeEco Le Max 2 (X2) and was crowdfunded a zippo which I will maintain LineageOS for (with selinux enforcing of course) and maybe assist with TWRP later. I also own an Asus Zenfone 5z (Z01R) which I maintain LineageOS for (and plan to maintain TWRP) and I was also donated a Motorola Moto X4 (Payton) which I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for.

I'd like to take this moment to also thank anyone who donated to the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo! Without you? I wouldn't have this epic device in my hands to work on. (y)

Also MAJOR thanks to Zhenxiang Chen (aka pasta_con_tonno, Lucchetto) for all the amazing work he has done on zippo.

Special thanks goes out to Einar Gednochsson (aka kanstmablason, pete80pro) for organizing the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo and also a new one for KuranKaname so he can revamp our kernel.

Thanks also to hypnz, chema f, gawin and Lucky for also working in zippo and to HighwayStar who started the initial trees for heart (Lenovo z5 Pro GT) which zippo trees are based upon and Art_Chen for working on heart and zippo and also bringing us FOD Dimming and DC Dimming. :)

Thanks again to Zhenxiang and Chema f for figuring out and implementing the QFIL recovery and vbmeta while keeping the bootloader locked
    KNOWN BUGS
    • SafetyNet does not pass (Unfortunately, this is not possible as your SoC has hardware attestation... the workaround is to use unsupported mods like Magisk which tbh I haven't tried myself as I don't root my devices, but other users said that plus the SafetyNet Magisk mod works)
    Heyyo, a new test build is going up! I'm uploading it meow so it will be ready in about 10 minutes and as always the link is in the first post. lineage-18.1-20210517-UNOFFICIAL-zippo contains compatibility fixes for ZuiCamera and also fixed Miracast / WiFi Display so both audio and video work on it.
    Heyyo, a new test build is going up! I'm uploading it meow as well so it'll be ready within 10 minutes of this post and link is in the first post. lineage-18.1-20210511-UNOFFICIAL-zippo contains some selinux enforcing fixes for the LiveDisplay Sunlight Enhancement and Anti Flicker, plus another few selinux denial fixes for our sensors and for WiFi Display (I'm currently unable to test WFD though as I'm not at home) and also a required overlay for our fingerprint sensor so that apps can use it.