Search This thread

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
#include

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- zippo (L78051)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please NOTE! As of LineageOS 19.1? We do NOT support bootloader locked! You MUST unlock your bootloader to use this version!

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least CN 12.5.332. If not? Please download and install it via recovery. It can be flashed before the ROM

If you want to follow the official instructions for bootloader unlock? Please go to the LineageOS Wiki here:
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/zippo/install

If you want to preserve a locked bootloader? Download and follow the instructions in this zip and then follow the official wiki instructions but skip the bootloader unlock section.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official instructions on the LineageOS Wiki here:
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/zippo/update

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

Please NOTE! As of LineageOS 19.1? We do NOT support bootloader locked! You MUST unlock your bootloader to use this version!

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least CN 12.5.332. If not? Please download and install it via recovery. It can be flashed before the ROM

- Download the LineageOS and firmware zips. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Copy the downloaded zip files to the internal storage of the device.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe Dalvik, system, cache and format data)

- NOTE: If coming from stock ROM? You MUST format data (Wipe > tap "Format Data" button > type "yes" > keyboard checkbox)

- Flash firmware and LineageOS zips.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Copy the downloaded zip files to the internal storage of the device.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Dalvik and Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

TWRP for zippo: Official

Lineage:

- Unofficial 19.1:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

- MindTheGapps:
http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

Recommended version:

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-wichaya/f/dl5/

Recommended config:

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-zippo/releases/76575

FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS

Minimum required versions:

- zippo (L78051) CN 12.5.365

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

DONATIONS

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
KNOWN BUGS
  • Currently only works with bootloader unlocked
  • SafetyNet does not pass (Unfortunately, this is not possible as your SoC has hardware attestation... the workaround is to use unsupported mods like Magisk which tbh I haven't tried myself as I don't root my devices, but other users said that plus the SafetyNet Magisk mod works)
  • Fingerprint icon is too low compared to actual location of the scanner

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, allow me to introduce myself. I am Marc "ThE_MarD" Bourgoin and I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for the LeEco Le Max 2 (X2) and was crowdfunded a zippo which I will maintain LineageOS for (with selinux enforcing of course) and maybe assist with TWRP later. I also own an Asus Zenfone 5z (Z01R) which I maintain LineageOS for (and plan to maintain TWRP) and I was also donated a Motorola Moto X4 (Payton) which I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for.

I'd like to take this moment to also thank anyone who donated to the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo! Without you? I wouldn't have this epic device in my hands to work on. (y)

Also MAJOR thanks to Zhenxiang Chen (aka pasta_con_tonno, Lucchetto) for all the amazing work he has done on zippo.

Special thanks to Einar Gednochsson (aka kanstmablason, pete80pro) for organizing the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo and also a new one for KuranKaname so he can revamp our kernel.

Thanks also to hypnz, chema f, gawin and Lucky for also working in zippo and to HighwayStar who started the initial trees for heart (Lenovo z5 Pro GT) which zippo trees are based upon and Art_Chen for working on heart and zippo and also bringing us FOD Dimming and DC Dimming. :)

Thanks again to Zhenxiang and Chema f for figuring out and implementing the QFIL recovery and vbmeta while keeping the bootloader locked

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
w00t! Initial LineageOS 19.0 release for zippo! lineage-19.0-20220212-UNOFFICIAL-zippo is still selinux permissive and QTI Bluetooth might have bugs but I'm not 100% certain if maybe it's just my AptX headset or BT headsets in general so that needs more testing. Please report any other bugs in this thread. (y)

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, a new test build is going up! lineage-19.0-20220310-UNOFFICIAL-zippo contains selinux enforcing without any neverallow violations which is super nice! It also has the FM Radio app (tbh haven't had time to test, if someone could please test and report back). Please test all functionality as we are pretty much ready for official LineageOS 19.0 builds once those eventually start coming out.

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@cheensiong hehe, I think my reply didn't get posted by the time you did yours, you just need to manually flash it once and then the Lineage Updater will allow OTA for future updates ;)

You don't need to wipe, just download, reboot to recovery, flash the official ROM zip and reboot to system

Reactions: cheensiong

cheensiong

Nov 6, 2013
After about a week use, so far so good only noticed 2 minor bugs, not sure if you experienced the same.
1. Few times after certain navigation, the last "column" of the home screen (same apply on 2nd and 3rd screen) get BLANK and all icons get PUSH to the LEFT.
reset back with just two clicks of power button, one click to turn off the screen and one click to bring back the screen.
2. Few times noticed that I didnt manage to capture the photos although I clicked on the shutter button.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WOW... Success!!!

I am not sure of what went wrong initially, but in the end i made it...

i was looking for possible ideas, @ThE_MarD your idea brought me to try to install qdl (i guess it is meant to replace qspt on my linux system...)
    had to fight some dependecies then qdl told me that could not find ufs...
    looking for more qspt i found an old version of ZUI rom (11.0.483) and just by chance i tried to flash the recovery which was in this rom
    like magic this worked, I mean , the recovery worked, couldn't do much with it but it worked
    so i looked into old ROM for zippo and i found the TWRP 3.3.1 made by @alexeei, i flashed that and it worked.

I have now sideloaded 11.5.381 firmware, lineageos 19 and Mindthegapps 12.1.0
    lineageos logo is still loading... but i want to be optimistic

thank you all for the support

M
    Heyyo, I've updated the first post for LOS 19.1 and also I've put both heart and zippo on the initial 19.1 devices list once it goes official! ;)
    Heyyo, I've updated the first post for LOS 19.1 and also I've put both heart and zippo on the initial 19.1 devices list once it goes official! ;)
    Good to hear that as I about to switch back to LineageOS after more than 6 months on CN ROM.
    Let's do it over this weekend :)
    hahaha I couldn't wait and get it done already!
    now I am in 19.1! so happy...still trying to play around with it..
    one question, when get official, do I need to flash again?
    @cheensiong hehe, I think my reply didn't get posted by the time you did yours, you just need to manually flash it once and then the Lineage Updater will allow OTA for future updates ;)

You don't need to wipe, just download, reboot to recovery, flash the official ROM zip and reboot to system