[DISCONTINUED][zippo] LineageOS 19.1 (Android 12.1) for the Lenovo Z6 Pro

Search This thread

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Uh oh... My zippo might be toast... At work I accidentally dropped it into a pail full of produced fluid (water that has need used for hydraulic fracturing and was recycled to be used again, so it's super full of chemicals) and meow my zippo speaker is supper muffled if notifications come in and the screen only flashes blue like in the video... It's in a bag of rice so I'm praying it helps me...

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@&(*) , I'm currently on days off but tbh I don't currently have the time to work on it... I think if I open it up I can dry it with isopropyl but these days off I'm camping with my family as this wasn't part of the original days off plan for me lol oof... but maybe on Tuesday I shall attempt the surgery.

Worst case Ontario and my zippo is dead? Hopefully someone continues this... otherwise? I'd keep it as an official device but I probably won't be upgrading it to the next OS version so both heart and zippo would stay on LOS 19.1 until LOS team depreciates it... that, or maybe I get a new donor device.

I did ask around the open source community and I got lucky thanks to some help from Nolen Johnson and Motorola is sending me an Edge 30! So I shall be maintaining TWRP and LineageOS for that device and it'll be my new daily driver. (y)

Reactions: cheensiong

mcarni

Jul 7, 2014
Guys, I must be really dumb but i cannot get through the installation process
I hope someone can help me

I have unlocked the bootloader following the instructions and i can flash TWRP or lineage recovery
with "fastboot flash recovery xxx.img"
but I cannot boot into any of the recoveries
It must be something silly that I am missing but i tried several combinations of "fastboot reboot", hold down power + minus, select poweroff/recovery on the fastboot/bootloader menu
but i always get a reboot to fastboot/bootloader

fastboot/bootloader pix

if i just try to boot normally i get the following warning and then i get stuck on the lenovo logo
warning pix

is there anyone that can help me get this done?

thanks a lot

M

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @mcarni, please try this command:

Code:
fastboot boot insertrecoveryimagenanehere.img

If that doesn't work? There is a chance it could be the device firmware doesn't want to accept LineageOS... So the next thing to try is to reflash ZUI, so please download the fastboot for 11.5.381 CN and flash that and then confirm that boots. If your device is ROW? That's ok, it can still load CN versions of ZUI as there isn't any hardware differences between the two.

Once that works? Please try again to boot either Lineage Recovery or TWRP and continue the installation instructions.

That bootloader unlocked warning is normal as they is the generic warning message on Android.

mcarni

Jul 7, 2014
Heyyo @mcarni, please try this command:

Code:
fastboot boot insertrecoveryimagenanehere.img

thanks @ThE_MardD

this is the output of fastboot boot:
Code:
fastboot boot boot.img
Sending 'boot.img' (98304 KB)                      OKAY [  3.412s]
Booting                                            FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')
fastboot: error: Command failed

i tried with a couple of different recovery img's but not luck

I am downloading the CN 11.5.381 files you linked:
L78051_CN_11_5_381_Q_Stable_qpst.zip
and
installer_fastboot_381.rar

sorry for being a pain, could you point me in the direction of how to reflash ZUI?
can i flash qpst.zip from fastboot?

thanks a lot
M

mcarni

Jul 7, 2014
@ThE_MarD , i made some (marginal maybe) progress

i foung the .bat with with a series of fastboot commands (fastboot flash system, boot, vendor etc)
some of them failed due to:

Code:
fastboot flash cmnlib64 cmnlib64.mbn
Sending 'cmnlib64' (499 KB)                        OKAY [  0.064s]
Writing 'cmnlib64'                                 FAILED (remote: 'Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions
')
fastboot: error: Command failed

still no success but i am trying to move along...

i will keep you posted

M

mcarni

Jul 7, 2014
WOW... Success!!!

I am not sure of what went wrong initially, but in the end i made it...

i was looking for possible ideas, @ThE_MarD your idea brought me to try to install qdl (i guess it is meant to replace qspt on my linux system...)
had to fight some dependecies then qdl told me that could not find ufs...
looking for more qspt i found an old version of ZUI rom (11.0.483) and just by chance i tried to flash the recovery which was in this rom
like magic this worked, I mean , the recovery worked, couldn't do much with it but it worked
so i looked into old ROM for zippo and i found the TWRP 3.3.1 made by @alexeei, i flashed that and it worked.

I have now sideloaded 11.5.381 firmware, lineageos 19 and Mindthegapps 12.1.0
lineageos logo is still loading... but i want to be optimistic

thank you all for the support

M

Last edited:
Reactions: ThE_MarD

deshgloshe

Mar 16, 2011
Lenovo Z6 Pro
KNOWN BUGS
  • Currently only works with bootloader unlocked
  • SafetyNet does not pass (Unfortunately, this is not possible as your SoC has hardware attestation... the workaround is to use unsupported mods like Magisk which tbh I haven't tried myself as I don't root my devices, but other users said that plus the SafetyNet Magisk mod works)
  • Fingerprint icon is too low compared to actual location of the scanner

I have upgraded from Lineage 18 successfully just by flashing firmware, then cache wipe and then installing
Everything seems to work seamlessly and fluent.
Even the fingerprint sensor works much better than before.

Tank you all for your hard work!! >> Directly to buying some beers!

Reactions: ThE_MarD

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @ketogeno , afaik all zippo custom ROMs use the same UDFPS HAL that we use on LineageOS, so in theory we should all be performing the same but definitely from 18.1 to 19.1 we have made improvements and other ROMs also benefit from those improvements too since luchetto was the one who discovered where we can make it better

Reactions: ketogeno

kaliw1

Jan 19, 2016
Lenovo Z6 Pro
źle translator przetłumaczył, mam ROOT, lecz nie wszystkie APK działają i chce go usunąć ,,jak?
the translator translated wrong, I have ROOT, but not all APKs work and I want to remove it,, how?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- zippo (L78051)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please NOTE! As of LineageOS 19.1? We do NOT support bootloader locked! You MUST unlock your bootloader to use this version!

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least CN 12.5.332. If not? Please download and install it via recovery. It can be flashed before the ROM

If you want to follow the official instructions for bootloader unlock? Please go to the LineageOS Wiki here:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/zippo/install

If you want to preserve a locked bootloader? Download and follow the instructions in this zip and then follow the official wiki instructions but skip the bootloader unlock section.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official instructions on the LineageOS Wiki here:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/zippo/update

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

Please NOTE! As of LineageOS 19.1? We do NOT support bootloader locked! You MUST unlock your bootloader to use this version!

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least CN 12.5.332. If not? Please download and install it via recovery. It can be flashed before the ROM

- Download the LineageOS and firmware zips. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Copy the downloaded zip files to the internal storage of the device.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe Dalvik, system, cache and format data)

- NOTE: If coming from stock ROM? You MUST format data (Wipe > tap "Format Data" button > type "yes" > keyboard checkbox)

- Flash firmware and LineageOS zips.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Copy the downloaded zip files to the internal storage of the device.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Dalvik and Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

TWRP for zippo: Official

Lineage:

- Official:

- Unofficial:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

- MindTheGapps:
    http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

Recommended version:

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-wichaya/f/dl5/

Recommended config:

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-zippo/releases/76575

FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS

Minimum required versions:

- zippo (L78051) CN 12.5.365

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

DONATIONS

Heyyo, I've updated the first post for LOS 19.1 and also I've put both heart and zippo on the initial 19.1 devices list once it goes official! ;)
    Heyyo, I've updated the first post for LOS 19.1 and also I've put both heart and zippo on the initial 19.1 devices list once it goes official! ;)
    Good to hear that as I about to switch back to LineageOS after more than 6 months on CN ROM.
    Let's do it over this weekend :)
    hahaha I couldn't wait and get it done already!
    now I am in 19.1! so happy...still trying to play around with it..
    one question, when get official, do I need to flash again?