Search This thread

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
#include

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- zippo (L78051)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please NOTE! As of LineageOS 19.1? We do NOT support bootloader locked! You MUST unlock your bootloader to use this version!

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least CN 12.5.332. If not? Please download and install it via recovery. It can be flashed before the ROM

If you want to follow the official instructions for bootloader unlock? Please go to the LineageOS Wiki here:
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/zippo/install

If you want to preserve a locked bootloader? Download and follow the instructions in this zip and then follow the official wiki instructions but skip the bootloader unlock section.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official instructions on the LineageOS Wiki here:
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/zippo/update

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

Please NOTE! As of LineageOS 19.1? We do NOT support bootloader locked! You MUST unlock your bootloader to use this version!

- Make sure your phone is running firmware from at least CN 12.5.332. If not? Please download and install it via recovery. It can be flashed before the ROM

- Download the LineageOS and firmware zips. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Copy the downloaded zip files to the internal storage of the device.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe Dalvik, system, cache and format data)

- NOTE: If coming from stock ROM? You MUST format data (Wipe > tap "Format Data" button > type "yes" > keyboard checkbox)

- Flash firmware and LineageOS zips.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Dalvik and Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

TWRP for zippo: Official

Lineage:

- Official:

- Unofficial:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

- MindTheGapps:
http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

Recommended version:

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-wichaya/f/dl5/

Recommended config:

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-zippo/releases/76575

FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS

Minimum required versions:

- zippo (L78051) CN 12.5.365

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

DONATIONS

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
KNOWN BUGS
  • Currently only works with bootloader unlocked
  • SafetyNet does not pass (Unfortunately, this is not possible as your SoC has hardware attestation... the workaround is to use unsupported mods like Magisk which tbh I haven't tried myself as I don't root my devices, but other users said that plus the SafetyNet Magisk mod works)
  • Fingerprint icon is too low compared to actual location of the scanner

Heyyo, allow me to introduce myself. I am Marc "ThE_MarD" Bourgoin and I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for the LeEco Le Max 2 (X2) and was crowdfunded a zippo which I will maintain LineageOS for (with selinux enforcing of course) and maybe assist with TWRP later. I also own a Motorola Edge 30 (dubai) which I maintain LineageOS for, Asus Zenfone 5z (Z01R), and I was also donated a Motorola Moto X4 (Payton) which I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for.

I'd like to take this moment to also thank anyone who donated to the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo! Without you? I wouldn't have this epic device in my hands to work on. (y)

Also MAJOR thanks to Zhenxiang Chen (aka pasta_con_tonno, Lucchetto) for all the amazing work he has done on zippo.

Special thanks to Einar Gednochsson (aka kanstmablason, pete80pro) for organizing the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo and also a new one for KuranKaname so he can revamp our kernel.

Thanks also to hypnz, chema f, gawin and Lucky for also working in zippo and to HighwayStar who started the initial trees for heart (Lenovo z5 Pro GT) which zippo trees are based upon and Art_Chen for working on heart and zippo and also bringing us FOD Dimming and DC Dimming. :)

Thanks again to Zhenxiang and Chema f for figuring out and implementing the QFIL recovery and vbmeta while keeping the bootloader locked

project_2501

Oct 6, 2022
@ThE_MarD ,

Will you be including this commit the hardware fix/support for the camera (camera: Expose aux cameras in third party apps) from Chemas Evo build in your Lineage build? I'd rather not have google services installed to use GCAM in order to access the other lens' and the ZUI camera does not install correctly anymore for 13 (it did for 12, partially). There are other apps that don't rely on g-services that are able to access the hardware (HIDL?) switch to select which lens is used for image processing.

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @project_2501 , after checking with other devs about that commit and also how aux cameras are set up? I think for that we can just modify our props in the device tree tbh. The problem we currently have is we are limiting it to only a few app names. We could transition to an aux camera blacklist since there's probably only a handful of apps that would screw up (I can't remember if it was here or my Asus Zenfone 5z, but the Adobe Scan app would screw up and fail to initialize any camera) so we could just tackle a blacklist as crappy apps show up lol

As you can see here, we mainly expose aux cameras to a few apps and others have to essentially find out themselves like gcam mods

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, lineage-20.0-20230122-UNOFFICIAL-zippo test build is going up! ! It has a new rebased kernel by MikeNG. Please test all functions. It also has a change to swap the aux camera allowed list to an aux camera exclude list to keep things easier and only exclude apps that don't play well with aux cameras so please test a lot of camera apps

@project_2501 if you could please test this build. You can swap between unofficial and official builds at any time

Last edited:
Reactions: project_2501

project_2501

Oct 6, 2022
Switching between the camera lens' works (still don't see 48mp for the main lens' resolution); install almost hanged on patching vendor which I found odd. Camera app believes there are six cameras for some odd reason and will crash if selecting the sixth camera, I'm guessing it's also referencing the video profile because it doesn't crash in video mode when selecting the sixth camera (dual lens for video or mixed up with front lens' maybe)? Can you provide a link to the source for the kernel?

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@project_2501 oh, Open Camera does things a lot differently than other camera apps so tbh I don't think there's a way to configure it... So I'd recommend just sticking with Aperture or use a gcam mod... But from what you said Open Camera is now seeing more camera apps so the change in aux camera lists commit is working then?

project_2501

Oct 6, 2022
@ThE_MarD , yes I can switch between all the lens'. System stability has not been jeopordized, the app will just crash if trying to process from the sixth camera ID. Do you remember what modes the ZUI camera app had? Was there a dual (both front and back camera) mode? Maybe the sixth profile is for the front camera and the app doesn't switch to it when cycling through the lens' (front camera can still be accessed with a different on screen UI switch anyways). The problem in itself is app related; regardless, the commit works and should be included in the next build for others like myself who enjoy a clean minimalist build with full access to the hardware.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThE_MarD

danz852

Jan 24, 2021
Hi, i'm on firmware 11.0.405 ST.
Now i'm still waiting my SN from Lenovo to unlock bootloader.

Newbie question:
After installing TWRP --> Wipe > tap "Format Data" button > type "yes" > keyboard checkbox > Flash firmware CN 12.5.332 > reboot to recovery or reboot to system ?

Thanks a lot for the rom!

danz852

Jan 24, 2021
Finally got the file to unlock bootloader.
I flashed twrp > shut down the phone > hold Volume Up + Power > but it cannot boot to recovery, only show fastboot/bootloader.
Then I tried I flashed twrp > shut down the phone > Volume Down + Power > fastboot mode > then i select recovery mode > phone restarted > only returned to fastboot mode again.

Any help to solve this problem? failed to flash twrp recovery.

Thanks in advance.

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@danz852 just to check, you're flashing it to the recovery partition?

The TWRP website has the full instructions too

Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

Otherwise you can try first via Lineage Recovery and follow the LineageOS wiki instructions

Reactions: danz852

danz852

Jan 24, 2021
Hi, thanks for fast reply.

Yes i'm flashing it to the recovery partition (fastboot flash recovery twrp.img). The result was success. But still cannot boot to twrp.

FYI: I'm using file from this https://club.lenovo.com.cn/thread-7839615-1-1.html to unlock the bootloader because at least until now i didn't receive unlock file from Lenovo.

I tried to flash twrp-3.7.0_12-0-zippo then tried Lineage recovery , flashing was success but still cannot boot to recovery.

After that flashed TWRP 3.4.0 by @mauronofrio. this one is working and boot to twrp recovery. I proceed with Wipe Dalvik, system, cache and format data. Then ADB sideload firmware CN 12.5.332. Continue with ADB sideload LineageOS found no problem with the installation the proceed reboot to System (it's written No OS Installed!), I keep continue to reboot to System anyway. It stuck at Lenovo Logo the restart by itself back to Lenovo logo again and so on.

Maybe because TWRP 3.4.0 is not working for Android 13.

Now I'm trying to sideload firmware L78051_CN_11_5_229_Q_Stable_recovery., because i think it will be working with TWRP 3.4.0 but the result is the same, end up with Lenovo logo then it restart by itself again and again.

Last edited:

danz852

Jan 24, 2021
Hi, thanks for fast reply.

Yes i'm flashing it to the recovery partition (fastboot flash recovery twrp.img). The result was success. But still cannot boot to twrp.

FYI: I'm using file from this https://club.lenovo.com.cn/thread-7839615-1-1.htmll to unlock the bootloader because at least until now i didn't receive unlock file from Lenovo.

I tried to flash twrp-3.7.0_12-0-zippo then tried Lineage recovery , flashing was success but still cannot boot to recovery.

After that flashed TWRP 3.4.0 by @mauronofrio. this one is working and boot to twrp recovery. I proceed with Wipe Dalvik, system, cache and format data. Then ADB sideload firmware CN 12.5.332. Continue with ADB sideload LineageOS found no problem with the installation the proceed reboot to System (it's written No OS Installed!), I keep continue to reboot to System anyway. It stuck at Lenovo Logo the restart by itself back to Lenovo logo again and so on.

Maybe because TWRP 3.4.0 is not working for Android 13.

Now I'm trying to sideload firmware L78051_CN_11_5_229_Q_Stable_recovery., because i think it will be working with TWRP 3.4.0 but the result is the same, end up with Lenovo logo then it restart by itself again and again.
UPDATE:

Finally it worked out:
I'm still using TWRP 3.4.0. Copy firmware L78051_CN_11_5_229_Q_Stable_recovery to internal storage then flash it. Reboot to System. It said my phone partition is corrupted .
Then i reboot the phone to Fastboot mode. I checked bootloader is Locked > proceed with fastboot flash unlock sn.img > fastboot oem unlock-go > reboot to system. After enable USB debugging in Developer Option > reboot to recovery > Wipe Dalvik, system, cache and format data > flash CN 12.5.332 and LineageOS. > reboot to system > Finally it booted to Lineage.

I'm happy. Thanks again @ThE_MarD for the rom!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ThE_MarD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- zippo (L78051)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

If you want to follow the official instructions for bootloader unlock? Please go to the LineageOS Wiki here:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/zippo/install

If you want to preserve a locked bootloader? Download and follow the instructions in this zip and then follow the official wiki instructions but skip the bootloader unlock section.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official instructions on the LineageOS Wiki here:
    https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/zippo/update

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS and firmware zips. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe Dalvik, system, cache and format data)

- NOTE: If coming from stock ROM? You MUST format data (Wipe > tap "Format Data" button > type "yes" > keyboard checkbox)

- Flash firmware and LineageOS zips.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Dalvik and Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

TWRP for zippo: Official

Lineage:

- Official:

- Unofficial:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

- MindTheGapps:
    http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

Recommended version:

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-wichaya/f/dl5/

Recommended config:

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-zippo/releases/76575

FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS

Minimum required versions:

- zippo (L78051) CN 12.5.365

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

DONATIONS

KNOWN BUGS
    • Currently only works with bootloader unlocked
    • SafetyNet does not pass (Unfortunately, this is not possible as your SoC has hardware attestation... the workaround is to use unsupported mods like Magisk which tbh I haven't tried myself as I don't root my devices, but other users said that plus the SafetyNet Magisk mod works)
    • Fingerprint icon is too low compared to actual location of the scanner

Heyyo, allow me to introduce myself. I am Marc "ThE_MarD" Bourgoin and I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for the LeEco Le Max 2 (X2) and was crowdfunded a zippo which I will maintain LineageOS for (with selinux enforcing of course) and maybe assist with TWRP later. I also own a Motorola Edge 30 (dubai) which I maintain LineageOS for, Asus Zenfone 5z (Z01R), and I was also donated a Motorola Moto X4 (Payton) which I maintain LineageOS and TWRP for.

I'd like to take this moment to also thank anyone who donated to the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo! Without you? I wouldn't have this epic device in my hands to work on. (y)

Also MAJOR thanks to Zhenxiang Chen (aka pasta_con_tonno, Lucchetto) for all the amazing work he has done on zippo.

Special thanks to Einar Gednochsson (aka kanstmablason, pete80pro) for organizing the crowdfunding campaign for my zippo and also a new one for KuranKaname so he can revamp our kernel.

Thanks also to hypnz, chema f, gawin and Lucky for also working in zippo and to HighwayStar who started the initial trees for heart (Lenovo z5 Pro GT) which zippo trees are based upon and Art_Chen for working on heart and zippo and also bringing us FOD Dimming and DC Dimming. :)

Thanks again to Zhenxiang and Chema f for figuring out and implementing the QFIL recovery and vbmeta while keeping the bootloader locked
    Heyyo, LineageOS 20 official is out and the first build for zippo is up!
    Heyyo, lineage-20.0-20230122-UNOFFICIAL-zippo test build is going up! ! It has a new rebased kernel by MikeNG. Please test all functions. It also has a change to swap the aux camera allowed list to an aux camera exclude list to keep things easier and only exclude apps that don't play well with aux cameras so please test a lot of camera apps

@project_2501 if you could please test this build. You can swap between unofficial and official builds at any time
    @ThE_MarD , yes I can switch between all the lens'. System stability has not been jeopordized, the app will just crash if trying to process from the sixth camera ID. Do you remember what modes the ZUI camera app had? Was there a dual (both front and back camera) mode? Maybe the sixth profile is for the front camera and the app doesn't switch to it when cycling through the lens' (front camera can still be accessed with a different on screen UI switch anyways). The problem in itself is app related; regardless, the commit works and should be included in the next build for others like myself who enjoy a clean minimalist build with full access to the hardware.