• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OFFICIAL][ZS620KL] LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10) for the Asus Zenfone 5z

Search This thread

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
#include

/*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- ZS620KL (Asus Zenfone 5z)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official LineageOS Wiki instructions for our device

MAIN DOWNLOADS

LineageOS:

- Official:

- Unofficial test builds:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

- Open GApps (pico or nano):

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE?

Send your patches up for review:

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki:

XDA: DevDB Information

[OFFICIAL][ZS620KL][10.x] LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10) for the Asus Zenfone 5z

Contributors

Jackeagle, ThE_MarD, rohanpurohit, TARKZiM

Source Code:

ROM OS Version: Android 10

ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9

Based On: AOSP

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Features over Stock
FM Radio, File-Based Encryption (which allows power-off Alarm to actually work and no annoying PIN prompt half-ways through boot)

Known Bugs
  • 4K UHD Video recording does not work in LineageOS Snap Camera app. (A workaround is to use other camera apps like OpenCamera or Gcam Mods)
  • Touch sometimes doesn't work in Lineage Recovery. The workaround is to use the volume buttons to move around the menu and power to select or to reboot to recovery.
  • Bluetooth A2DP can cause crashes during voice calls with certain Bluetooth devices (a workaround is to disable Bluetooth A2DP offload via developer options)
  • The current official build of TWRP doesn't support File-Based Encryption. The workaround is to use my modified build of TWRP found here

Last edited:
Reactions: hotpepper1999

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Just a heads up, I'm unsure when official builds will be starting, so please be patient. I'm guessing between Monday to Friday of this coming week (y)

w00t! We got mentioned in an XDA article!

Reactions: ianfebriyanto

amitrahi04

Mar 14, 2013
can someone help me, i tried the noob-friendly guide to install the recovery and ROM but whenever I install the recovery and try to install the recovery permanently, it gives me errors and phone sort of bricks. I really want to install an android 11 ROM please help.

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @amitrahi04 , sorry I accidentally had Android 11 in the thread title when LineageOS 17.1 is Android 10.

In order to use Android 11 ROMs please check their threads and their instructions.

I do plan to work on LineageOS 18.1 for Z01R later, but first I want to work on my Zippo (Lenovo Z6 Pro) and Payton (Motorola X4) and my x2 (LeEco Le Max 2) as they're already in progress for 18.1 and tbh I didn't expect 17.1 for Z01R to take this long, but OSS Vendor took a lot of time and effort

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragonkind

decentguy49

Jul 1, 2014
New Delhi

• If you have anything important on your device then back it up
  • Download the LOS ROM, LOS recovery and GAPPS if you want to flash
  • Use official tool to unlock bootloader
  • Once bootloader is unlocked, reboot to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
  • Flash LOS recovery
fastboot flash boot RecoveryName.img

• Now reboot to recovery
  • Select Factory Reset.
  • Flash the LOS ROM
  • if you want to use GAPPS, then reboot to recovery and flash Open GApps
  • Reboot to system

iSKGtm

Oct 6, 2016
Brasil
linktr.ee
I tried to install GAPPS nano for it, but when it starts, G Apps as (Play Store) does not appear on the system. First time I had this error. I ended up going back to Stock, i tried 5x... :confused:

HtMawia

Jan 12, 2021
I tried to install GAPPS nano for it, but when it starts, G Apps as (Play Store) does not appear on the system. First time I had this error. I ended up going back to Stock, i tried 5x... :confused:

Assuming that you used the Lineage Recovery, the same thing happened to me on my first attempt. Right after flashing the ROM, i continued to flash GAPPS and reboot. Like your problem, Google apps did not show up when i boot the system.

However, i missed one step as stated in the installation process. As per the instruction, right after flashing the ROM itself, you have to click Advanced, then Reboot to Recovery, then when your device reboots, click Apply Update, then Apply from ADB, then adb sideload <filename>.zip, which in this case is the gapps.zip. Then, reboot to system. The google apps will now appear in the system. Hope it works for you also (y)

Reactions: iSKGtm and ThE_MarD

iSKGtm

Oct 6, 2016
Brasil
linktr.ee
Assuming that you used the Lineage Recovery, the same thing happened to me on my first attempt. Right after flashing the ROM, i continued to flash GAPPS and reboot. Like your problem, Google apps did not show up when i boot the system.

However, i missed one step as stated in the installation process. As per the instruction, right after flashing the ROM itself, you have to click Advanced, then Reboot to Recovery, then when your device reboots, click Apply Update, then Apply from ADB, then adb sideload <filename>.zip, which in this case is the gapps.zip. Then, reboot to system. The google apps will now appear in the system. Hope it works for you also (y)

Thank you very much! I took advantage of this function and put the Magisk, so I can use the rom to test. (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: HtMawia

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @iShaKinGameR and @HtMawia , the step after ROM flash and reboot to recovery is very important for us as Z01R is an A/B partitioned device. The ROM always flashes to the inactive slot and then it tells the bootloader to switch slots which requires a reboot. So the reboot to recovery is to get recovery to reload onto the slot that the ROM was flashed so that you can then install gapps and such.

Devices that are A-Only, such as the Lenovo Z6 Pro (Zippo) do not need this step as there is only one slot it can flash to. I think the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (X00TD) Is only A-Only as well.

Reactions: HtMawia and iSKGtm

iSKGtm

Oct 6, 2016
Brasil
linktr.ee
So far everything is OK and more fluid than ZenUI. I just realized that the ROM doesn't seem to have a Camera Wide-Angle, I tried to activate it through build.prop and went into bootloop. I am trying to use it daily. :cowboy:
Edit: The HDR DCI mode does not activate on YouTube.

Last edited:
Reactions: HtMawia

greves1

Feb 6, 2011
Hi, the rom is great, but I have no mobile network. It should just reigster on the network automatically... Any ideas? I think maybe it has something to do with the vendor file. How do I update this? Which file is correct, and at what point do I flash it? Thanks!

Last edited:

ThE_MarD

Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
@iShaKinGameR , the LOS snap camera app only supports the main rear camera. For the aux rear camera I recommend switching to a different camera app like OpenCamera or better yet, the Wichaya GCam mods which I link to in my first post.

There's no need for that aux camera app prop as I used the newer prop that just exposes the aux camera to all camera apps ;)

Tbh I'm unsure of any HDR DCI videos on YouTube, but I do know that HDR itself does work for me on the LOS official build...

If it doesn't work for you, can you please provide logcat?

@greves1 , can you please provide logcat? There is no need to modify anything in the vendor partition as we use a source-built vendor partition which includes everything needed to make our device work on LineageOS 17.1.

Reactions: iSKGtm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include

/*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- ZS620KL (Asus Zenfone 5z)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official LineageOS Wiki instructions for our device

MAIN DOWNLOADS

LineageOS:

- Official:

- Unofficial test builds:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

- Open GApps (pico or nano):

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE?

Send your patches up for review:

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki:

XDA: DevDB Information

[OFFICIAL][ZS620KL][10.x] LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10) for the Asus Zenfone 5z

Contributors

Jackeagle, ThE_MarD, rohanpurohit, TARKZiM

Source Code:

ROM OS Version: Android 10

ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9

Based On: AOSP
    Heyyo! It is time! Official LineageOS 17.1 for Z01R is released!!! :love:

Heyyo @iShaKinGameR and @HtMawia , the step after ROM flash and reboot to recovery is very important for us as Z01R is an A/B partitioned device. The ROM always flashes to the inactive slot and then it tells the bootloader to switch slots which requires a reboot. So the reboot to recovery is to get recovery to reload onto the slot that the ROM was flashed so that you can then install gapps and such.

Devices that are A-Only, such as the Lenovo Z6 Pro (Zippo) do not need this step as there is only one slot it can flash to. I think the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (X00TD) Is only A-Only as well.

Features over Stock
    FM Radio, File-Based Encryption (which allows power-off Alarm to actually work and no annoying PIN prompt half-ways through boot)

Known Bugs
    • 4K UHD Video recording does not work in LineageOS Snap Camera app. (A workaround is to use other camera apps like OpenCamera or Gcam Mods)
    • Touch sometimes doesn't work in Lineage Recovery. The workaround is to use the volume buttons to move around the menu and power to select or to reboot to recovery.
    • Bluetooth A2DP can cause crashes during voice calls with certain Bluetooth devices (a workaround is to disable Bluetooth A2DP offload via developer options)
    • The current official build of TWRP doesn't support File-Based Encryption. The workaround is to use my modified build of TWRP found here