[OFFICIAL][ZS620KL] LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) for the Asus Zenfone 5z

Search This thread

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @JuanTamqd21 , in the first post I have instructions for manually updating builds. Our device is A/B partitioned without a dedicated recovery partition so the instructions are different. You missed the reboot to recovery and reflash GApps so your GApps package is corrupt. You will need to wipe data and reflash your GApps and then start over.

In the future please follow the instructions in the first post or use the Lineage Updater which can properly make a backup of your GApps and include it in the OTA.

JuanTamqd21

Heyyo @JuanTamqd21 , in the first post I have instructions for manually updating builds. Our device is A/B partitioned without a dedicated recovery partition so the instructions are different. You missed the reboot to recovery and reflash GApps so your GApps package is corrupt. You will need to wipe data and reflash your GApps and then start over.

In the future please follow the instructions in the first post or use the Lineage Updater which can properly make a backup of your GApps and include it in the OTA.
Thanks for the Info and sorry about that.

Reactions: ThE_MarD

wovo88

Dec 19, 2021
PLEASE HELP!!
I always fail to boot after restoring an encrypted system in TWRP.

Here is my process:
1) I did the factory reset and formated the data partition in TWRP, reboot to TWRP, then
2) installed LOS 18.1 (which has encryption and enforcing SELinux by default), flash TWRP zip file, reboot, do the initial setup wizard (without lockscreen security), then
3) reboot to TWRP right away and do the backup(boot, system image, vendor image, dtbo, data partitions) without any problem.
4) factory reset and format data partition, reboot to TWRP, then restore the backup (without any error/warning), then reboot
5) after "Powered by Android" logo showed up for several seconds, the phone reboot it self into TWRP, and the TWRP shows as following:
{
Android Rescue Party trigger! Possible solutions?
Either:
1. Wipe caches, and/or
2. Format data, and/or
3, Clean-flash your ROM.

The reported problem is:
'--reason=set_policy_failed: /data/misc'
}
6) when I reboot to system, I always fail to boot unless I factory reset the phone.

I've tried several ROMs (LineageOS, crDroid, ArrowOS) with encryption by default, ALL of them FAIL to boot. Then I try installing ROM and flashing "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt" to disalbe the encryption and Dm-Verity, then I do the backup and restore in TWRP, It restore and boot successfully. So the issue must because of encryption or Dm-Verity.

Please help! I really want to use an encrypted system with working TWRP nand backup & restore function. Many thanks!

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @wovo88, please check the TWRP thread for the guide on how to do nandroid backup/restore. Devices with File-Based Encryption are different than legacy Full-Disk Encryption methods.

wovo88

Dec 19, 2021
Thank you @ThE_MarD, I "DO" follow every steps in "nandroid backup/restore guide" in the TWRP thread, I've tried for several times, but it's just not working for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include

/*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- ZS620KL (Asus Zenfone 5z)

- ZS621KL (Asus Zenfone 5z)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official LineageOS Wiki instructions for our device

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official LineageOS Wiki instructions for our device

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Unlock the bootloader and install TWRP.

- Download LineageOS. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Copy the downloaded zip files to the internal SD card.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- NOTE! If you're coming from stock ROM? You MUST format data. Wipe > "Format Data" button > type "yes" > keyboard checkbox

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe System, Cache and Data)

- Flash LineageOS zip.

- Flash TWRP installer zip.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps add-on package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Copy the LineageOS zip to the internal SD card.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps add-on package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

Lineage:

- Official:

- Unofficial:

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-z01r/releases/p17823

TWRP for Z01R: Unofficial:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

5z's configuration can be found in his configs:

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE?

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Heyyo, I just realized that the first official build of LineageOS 18.1 is up for Z01R! w00t! Thread updated (y)
    Heyyo, a new test build is going up! Link as always for test builds are in the first post. lineage-18.1-20210814-UNOFFICIAL-Z01R contains some changes to hopefully get WiFi Calling working on all Indian carriers that support it, but since I can't test it? I cannot guarantee it works... so I need people to test and please report back

@whatever271 that is a system ROM change which tbh is something I don't touch since I don't know enough about that lol... I only modify the device/vendor trees and sometimes kernel
    Heyyo, so the latest official build includes a fix I merged for those who were on LinwageOS 18.1 then downgraded to stock Oreo ZenUI then came back to LOS 18.1, as there was an issue with sehash of persist partition which didn't exist in pre-Android 10 ROMs so meow all sensors (including fingerprint) will guaranteed work.

Also, I'm requesting a new official build of TWRP for our device that has support for FBE decryption and is rebased on Android 10 as our current TWRP is only Android 9. (y)
    I'm using my banking app no problems.

Google pay is NOT working though. YMMV, I guess if your bank is as strict as google pay is it will not work

Ah well I guess have to use online banking if it doesnt workout :)
    Thanks for the reply

Hey i am using Banking apps and Google Pay, all work pretty much fine and i dont have any issue with any of them