[DISCONTINUED][ZS620KL] LineageOS 18.1 (Android 11) for the Asus Zenfone 5z

Search This thread

Udgam Tiwari

Jun 21, 2018
Sorry for off topic question I am facing an issue unlocking my bootloader . It shows error while using the unlock device tool which I attached down below. Is there any alternative solution for that I tried everything I switched to wifi used mobile data as well but no use
Is there any other way plz help.

Screenshot_20210618-105307930.jpg
If anybody having the same issue and got the solution pls reply.

Last edited:

Udgam Tiwari

Jun 21, 2018
Reactions: ThE_MarD

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, so the latest official build includes a fix I merged for those who were on LinwageOS 18.1 then downgraded to stock Oreo ZenUI then came back to LOS 18.1, as there was an issue with sehash of persist partition which didn't exist in pre-Android 10 ROMs so meow all sensors (including fingerprint) will guaranteed work.

Also, I'm requesting a new official build of TWRP for our device that has support for FBE decryption and is rebased on Android 10 as our current TWRP is only Android 9. (y)

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo @prabuddhadg , yes NFC works and I've tested it multiple times with an NFC card that I have and my speaker that can use NFC to connect bluetooth. We switched from NQ NFC to AOSP NFC since in some cases NQ NFC was causing issues and AOSP NFC was working fine. It also seems some other ROMs based on LOS Z01R trees were also failing to work with NQ NFC so it wasn't worth trying to maintain as also future versions of Android can also break NQ NFC for us just as it did LeEco Le Pro3 (zl1) which also had to switch to AOSP NFC since Android 9 pie. The only part of NFC I haven't tested is Google Pay which maybe others familiar with it could give an answer as to wether it works or not

Zack_Ren

Jul 14, 2021
my safetynet always fail, ctsProfile fail
MagiskHide install and setup + Universal Seftynet Fix + edit device fingerprint + hide magisk
how to fix this?

Last edited:

mombic

Feb 10, 2011
Hi.

My mobile data does not work on roaming. I use two sim cards and I tried to remove one sim, then the other, use both but nothing works. It works when I am not on roaming, it also works on another phone even on roaming. What can I try to set? I have the latest lineage os 18.1, mindthegapps and magisk with pixel 5 fingerprint.

Thanks..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210717-092545_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210717-092545_Trebuchet.png
    158.1 KB · Views: 40

mombic

Feb 10, 2011
Hi, here it is, thanks for help.

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    190.4 KB · Views: 14
  • radio.txt
    919.8 KB · Views: 11
Hello, even following all the steps, lineage 18.1 recovery seems to be having problems here, every time i try to record the gapps, or magisk via adb sideload, it gets stuck at 0% checking the update package.
I ended up going back to stock rom. :(

Edit: I was able to install with another method using TWRP, but Los Recovery cannot flash.

The rom is very fluid and stable, with only the CTS missing.
could you let me know how you flashed the GApps with TWRP because after installing Lineage OS whenever I try flashing the TWRP recovery my phone goes into a bootloop and I cannot reach Recovery Mode.

whatever271

Jul 28, 2021
Any chance of making "clear all apps" visible below the preview of all apps? Currently you have to scroll all the way to the right.

Thank you!

ThE_MarD

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2014
Grande Prairie
LeEco Le Max 2
Moto X4
Heyyo, a new test build is going up! Link as always for test builds are in the first post. lineage-18.1-20210814-UNOFFICIAL-Z01R contains some changes to hopefully get WiFi Calling working on all Indian carriers that support it, but since I can't test it? I cannot guarantee it works... so I need people to test and please report back

@whatever271 that is a system ROM change which tbh is something I don't touch since I don't know enough about that lol... I only modify the device/vendor trees and sometimes kernel

decentguy49

Jul 1, 2014
New Delhi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    #include

/*

* Your warranty is now void.

* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,

* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please

* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM

* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if

* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

*/

SUPPORTED DEVICES

- ZS620KL (Asus Zenfone 5z)

- ZS621KL (Asus Zenfone 5z)

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official LineageOS Wiki instructions for our device

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH LINEAGE RECOVERY

Please follow the official LineageOS Wiki instructions for our device

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Unlock the bootloader and install TWRP.

- Download LineageOS. (see Downloads)

- Boot into TWRP.

- Copy the downloaded zip files to the internal SD card.

- Perform a backup of your current ROM. (Optional)

- NOTE! If you're coming from stock ROM? You MUST format data. Wipe > "Format Data" button > type "yes" > keyboard checkbox

- RECOMMENDED: Do a factory reset (clean wipe)! No support if you didn't! (Wipe System, Cache and Data)

- Flash LineageOS zip.

- Flash TWRP installer zip.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps add-on package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS WITH TWRP

- Download the LineageOS zip(s). (see Downloads)

- Copy the LineageOS zip to the internal SD card.

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Flash LineageOS. (Wiping Cache is optional, but recommended)

- Reboot to TWRP.

- Optional: Install the Google Apps add-on package. (see Downloads)

- Reboot to system.

MAIN DOWNLOADS

Lineage:

- Official:

- Unofficial:

https://osdn.net/projects/lineageos-for-z01r/releases/p17823

TWRP for Z01R: Unofficial:

GOOGLE APPS (GAPPS) DOWNLOADS

GOOGLE CAMERA (GCAM) DOWNLOADS

Google Camera:

5z's configuration can be found in his configs:

DEVELOPER RESOURCES

HOW TO CONTRIBUTE?

Send your patches up for review: https://review.lineageos.org/

Read the guides on the LineageOS Wiki: https://wiki.lineageos.org/

Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS
    Heyyo, I just realized that the first official build of LineageOS 18.1 is up for Z01R! w00t! Thread updated (y)
    Heyyo, a new test build is going up! Link as always for test builds are in the first post. lineage-18.1-20210814-UNOFFICIAL-Z01R contains some changes to hopefully get WiFi Calling working on all Indian carriers that support it, but since I can't test it? I cannot guarantee it works... so I need people to test and please report back

@whatever271 that is a system ROM change which tbh is something I don't touch since I don't know enough about that lol... I only modify the device/vendor trees and sometimes kernel
    Heyyo, so the latest official build includes a fix I merged for those who were on LinwageOS 18.1 then downgraded to stock Oreo ZenUI then came back to LOS 18.1, as there was an issue with sehash of persist partition which didn't exist in pre-Android 10 ROMs so meow all sensors (including fingerprint) will guaranteed work.

Also, I'm requesting a new official build of TWRP for our device that has support for FBE decryption and is rebased on Android 10 as our current TWRP is only Android 9. (y)
    I'm using my banking app no problems.

Google pay is NOT working though. YMMV, I guess if your bank is as strict as google pay is it will not work

Ah well I guess have to use online banking if it doesnt workout :)
    Thanks for the reply

Hey i am using Banking apps and Google Pay, all work pretty much fine and i dont have any issue with any of them