OG Youtube Downloader apk

Search This thread

Jsparta26

Aug 30, 2012
Detroit, MI
Hey guys I did some digging around and found this nice little app. Og YouTube downloader.For those people out there who want to be able to download videos straight on your android device. Works on all devices that I know of.

Here's the link to where I found it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2213945

Obviously i didnt make this app. Credit goes to Osama Ghareeb for hacking up the app and making this possible.
I tested this app on my n4 and it does indeed work.
I do not provide support for any issues you may or may not have. Please direct your questions by following the link I provided.

Credit goes out to CraftyCreature for finding another YouTube downloader which works perfectly. You can find the app here.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ytdownloader/

I also uploaded the app here too if you get too lazy to go to the actual site. Lol

As always I, OsamaGhareeb, nor anyone is responsible if this app blows up your phone, kills your family or burns down your house.

Without further or do..here's the app guys. Enjoy

Note*
Any version after v1 og youtube will be in fact called just youtube.apk for now one. That means you guys will have to install this app as a system/app. You will need to delete the original youtube apk and paste the new one in its place. Set permissions to rwx r r, save and reboot.

Attachments

• OGYouTube.apk.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 82,284
  • YouTube.apk.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 22,988
Last edited:

coldcrush390

Feb 13, 2011
Why does it ask me to sign in through ogyoutube downloader is it trying to steal my information...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Jsparta26

Aug 30, 2012
Detroit, MI
The same could be said when you log in to use Google play, Google music, maps, YouTube etc.. Why are you surprised when you have known they ask you to login into their apps.

Edit: I will update the app from time to time or whenever the dev updates it himself. I will provide an updated link as well.

Last edited:

coldcrush390

Feb 13, 2011
The same could be said when you log in to use Google play, Google music, maps, YouTube etc.. Why are you surprised when you have known they ask you to login into their apps.

Edit: I will update the app from time to time or whenever the dev updates it himself. I will provide an updated link as well.

Not surprised at all just saying I'd like the official YouTube app to ask for my login.. I just don't get why a simple app to download YouTube videos would require me to log in after I'm already logged into YouTube. Don't take this offensively. I just take my Google account serious. I purchase many apps and don't want my account hacked. Thanks for sharing the developers app though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Jsparta26

Jsparta26

Aug 30, 2012
Detroit, MI
Its the same YouTube app from Google. Its just been hacked to allow you to download videos onto your android device. No worries. You could always use lucky patcher to modify permissions if you feel the need to be totally safe.

JackWeb

May 11, 2013
Youtube Download Android

Hi, thanks for the discussion and hints to cool apps. But I think I stick to tubebeam.com, I can browse videos and download within my Android browser (and no need to install something obscure :p)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys I did some digging around and found this nice little app. Og YouTube downloader.For those people out there who want to be able to download videos straight on your android device. Works on all devices that I know of.

Here's the link to where I found it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2213945

Obviously i didnt make this app. Credit goes to Osama Ghareeb for hacking up the app and making this possible.
    I tested this app on my n4 and it does indeed work.
    I do not provide support for any issues you may or may not have. Please direct your questions by following the link I provided.

Credit goes out to CraftyCreature for finding another YouTube downloader which works perfectly. You can find the app here.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ytdownloader/

I also uploaded the app here too if you get too lazy to go to the actual site. Lol

As always I, OsamaGhareeb, nor anyone is responsible if this app blows up your phone, kills your family or burns down your house.

Without further or do..here's the app guys. Enjoy

Note*
    Any version after v1 og youtube will be in fact called just youtube.apk for now one. That means you guys will have to install this app as a system/app. You will need to delete the original youtube apk and paste the new one in its place. Set permissions to rwx r r, save and reboot.
    Its the same YouTube app from Google. Its just been hacked to allow you to download videos onto your android device. No worries. You could always use lucky patcher to modify permissions if you feel the need to be totally safe.
    Way better than tubeMate. Simple and easy to use. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
    Works great many thanks! Wish it had a download as mp3 only option then it would be perfect.