OK GOOGLE not activ?

Search This thread

joeherlev

Dec 28, 2010
Skovlunde
I have to open Google before i can activate OK GOOGLE..

I hear that other People can say OK GOOGLE from any screen?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using XDA Premium HD app

thisguy159

Nov 28, 2011
I think this might be due to doze. Could you change the setting to "Don't Optimise" for the Google app in Battery settings?

I can't because google is not listed there only non system apps. When I went to apps to see if I can change there there was no option there.

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
There's also another setting in the Google app under voice called "Voice Match" and there's an option to unlock the phone with it. Try that?

EDIT: I would try this on my phone, but I've removed the Google app from system so I'm not sure if it will work for me.

Last edited:

hpsauce37

Sep 10, 2010
There's also another setting in the Google app under voice called "Voice Match" and there's an option to unlock the phone with it. Try that?

EDIT: I would try this on my phone, but I've removed the Google app from system so I'm not sure if it will work for me.

I don't have any setting for 'voice match' in Google settings.

hpsauce37

Sep 10, 2010

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171211-125734.jpg
    Screenshot_20171211-125734.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 297

nandhudroid

Mar 17, 2018
I've had the same problem after recently upgrading to Oreo stable release, Oxygen OS v5.0.4 on my 5t. And after some troubleshooting I was able to fix my issue. I'm sharing it here so it would help someone else as well.

Below are the exact issues I had.

1. OK Google voice detection was not working.
2. Voice input using Mic button on Google keyboard was not working.
3. Voice training was not working during Google assistant setup.

Troubleshooting I did:

I checked if there is any hardware problem with my phone's mic by using voice recorder app, it turned out I was able to record voice and playback well without any issues.

Then I searched on oneplus Forum and found out a testing code that would help to test mic using phone's built-in manufacturing test following below instruction. It was successful as well.

Dial *#808* -> scroll down to "single MIC recording test" there you can test all 3 microphones​

Finally I went to apps and uninstalled "Google" app. This won't totally uninstall the Google app but will just revert to an older version. And that miraculously seem to have fixed my problems.

After the step 3 all the issues I have mentioned above were fixed and now I am able to open the Google assistant using "Ok Google" and I am able to use voice input in Google keyboard and also I'm able to train my voice in google assistant. Not sure where and what's the bug. Could be that OnePlus's Oreo update was faulty. I'm Just relieved that I didn't have to go through oneplus online support to reflash my phone's OS or to return my phone for service centre as suggested in some of the oneplus forum threads. In fact I am typing some of this messages using my Gboard voice input. I hope this helps someone else too.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone