OK Google not working correctly

Search This thread

shorty1483

When I say OK Google, the Assistant opens, but the the mic does not seem to recognize any additional command.
But when I open the Assistant from the power button, it works flawlessly.

Yes I set up the phone from scratch and yes I tried the several suggestions in www to uninstall Google app updates or delete cache and data from it.

Anyone else?

timnzdn

Apr 27, 2022
Hi yes I am having the same issue . I say ok google it activates but like the mic not activated and it doesn't hear anything . if I activate it any other ways works fine . Its so freaking annoying it doing my brain in

Reactions: shorty1483

FoneFinagle

Apr 28, 2022
I have a very similar problem with my X5 Pro. Sometimes the Google assistant UI has a glowing coloured bar,will work fine but without any audio responses but most of the time the UI has the four dots that will wake on "Hey Google" but then stop listening.

keebfox

It's working for me when enabling voice match in settings. It works when screen is off, on lock screen and elsewhere like expected!

Try enabling it in
settings > Google > settings for Google apps > search, assistant and voice > google assistant > hey Google and voice match

I found when voice match is off, it doesn't work anymore to say ok Google anywhere.

You can also configure power button to toggle assistant.

Let me know if you need any help!

Screenshot_2022-04-29-17-44-35-41_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

Last edited:

hhrocha000

Sep 2, 2009
It's working for me when enabling voice match in settings. It works when screen is off, on lock screen and elsewhere like expected!

Try enabling it in
settings > Google > settings for Google apps > search, assistant and voice > google assistant > hey Google and voice match

I found when voice match is off, it doesn't work anymore to say ok Google anywhere.

View attachment 5601707
I have it enable, i tried to turn of and on and retrain voice (BTW if i have portugues at primary on my list "retrain" option doesn't even appeard for some reason, had the same problem on my OP7Pro, i need to config like English UK to the option appear again) and still doesn't work, i say ok google and i still need to press the 4 dots. is a strange thing...

Aurolei

Jan 21, 2019
ASUS ZenFone 8
OPPO Find X5 Pro
The google assistant settings as far as I can see are actually all set correctly. The Assistant will respond to the Hey Google command, but will fail to actually listen after the "bloop" sound. Interestingly, you can say "Hey Google" and immediately continue what you are saying and you can actually get the assistant to listen to the first few words before it cuts out.

The issue is therefore relating to the microphone cutting out after the hot word is said.

shorty1483

Try enabling it in

Of course the settings are as they have to be to make it work. There are also users in german forums that report the same problem.

Opened a case at Oppo, currently it's under investigation in the dev department.

I encourage everyone with the same problem to contact your local Oppo e-mail-Support an explain the problem.

Aurolei

Jan 21, 2019
ASUS ZenFone 8
OPPO Find X5 Pro
I've found a solution, but I suspect it may only be temporary.

I changed the permission for the mic in the google app to ask every time. I then open the google app and manually trigger the google assistant which causes the permission prompt to appear. I then set it back to while using the app and it's been working normal for me since then

Edit: Google Assistant no longer works when screen is off and messes up again after restart. This is so annoying -.-

Last edited:

timnzdn

Apr 27, 2022
Sadly nothing found I received an email from oppo telling me to change my assistance language to Australia done that still not working it's like the microphone does not activate when you say OK Google here's the command but then the mic disengages it's really really frustrating

Aurolei

Jan 21, 2019
ASUS ZenFone 8
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Gave up and factory reset the phone. Did not bother transferring data and the Google assistant is behaving like normal on the reset phone.im going through the process of bringing everything back, but it's nice to have the assistant back

So I was setting up the phone again and the issue returned. I was insanely frustrated so I went and reset system settings only before factory resetting again to see if that would fix the problem. It actually did.

So I set out to find what was causing the assistant to mess up and I found the culprit.

I use Bitwarden and I get it to autofill password prompts. To get it to work everytime, I enable all the accessibility options. It turns out that giving Bitwarden accessibility privileges actually stops the Google assistant from behaving like normal! Enabling them and revoking them fixes and breaks the assistant, so if you are using Bitwarden or any other app that uses those settings, try turning it off.

Last edited:

hhrocha000

Sep 2, 2009
Gave up and factory reset the phone. Did not bother transferring data and the Google assistant is behaving like normal on the reset phone.im going through the process of bringing everything back, but it's nice to have the assistant back

So I was setting up the phone again and the issue returned. I was insanely frustrated so I went and reset system settings only before factory resetting again to see if that would fix the problem. It actually did.

So I set out to find what was causing the assistant to mess up and I found the culprit.

I use Bitwarden and I get it to autofill password prompts. To get it to work everytime, I enable all the accessibility options. It turns out that giving Bitwarden accessibility privileges actually stops the Google assistant from behaving like normal! Enabling them and revoking them fixes and breaks the assistant, so if you are using Bitwarden or any other app that uses those settings, try turning it off.
Hi there, You're the man, so any app that we have with Accessibility ON cause this issue, in my case i have Bitdefender that uses this and Refresh Rate Switcher.
This is a shame tho :\

shorty1483

Man this actually works!!! Thanks!

The culprit: You have to deactivate every app that uses accessibility services (in my case Bitwarden, Tasker, Nova Launcher and Autonotification app).

Will give that info to my support ticket.

Vartech123

May 6, 2022
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Hello, I have the Chinese version. I Can't even enable the option for "Hey Google"/"Ok Google". Does anyone know how to activate this? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-06-20-48-31-77_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-06-20-48-31-77_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 24

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm also having the exact same issues with my phone. For such an expensive phone, it's really quite embarrassing.
    Hi yes I am having the same issue . I say ok google it activates but like the mic not activated and it doesn't hear anything . if I activate it any other ways works fine . Its so freaking annoying it doing my brain in
    Same problem here only work if i click on the dots to talk. Anyone found a solution for this?
    The google assistant settings as far as I can see are actually all set correctly. The Assistant will respond to the Hey Google command, but will fail to actually listen after the "bloop" sound. Interestingly, you can say "Hey Google" and immediately continue what you are saying and you can actually get the assistant to listen to the first few words before it cuts out.

The issue is therefore relating to the microphone cutting out after the hot word is said.