• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

"Ok Google" not working on new 7 Pro

Search This thread

robdam1001

Feb 24, 2007
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Google app, clearing cache in app and on phone. Retrained the voice in Google app a dozen times. Nothing is working. Side note: my SIM card is still installed in my old 5T. the 7 Pro doesn't have a SIM card. Not sure if that is a factor. Assistant works fine. *UPDATE: "OK Google" will launch when prompted when display is locked but it won't answer or respond to whatever I ask it. "OK Google" will not launch or respond when phone is unlocked at all.

Last edited:

dallasnights

Sep 25, 2006
Same issue OK Google will NOT work on the One Plus 7 pro for some reason on my end
Did all that was suggested , Clear Cache , Clear Data, Disable Google, Reboot, then Endable google, retrain my voice
But still on the home screen when I say OK Google nothing happens
Anyone have a FIX for the Oneplus 7 pro? Thanks

BTW Stock 9.5.7 GMA21AA Firmware
Model GM1917
STOCK Not Rooted

Last edited:
Reactions: robdam1001

qwen3579

Apr 24, 2007
Not rooted. Using Nova and I restored from a Nova backup if that matters.

Interesting. Sorry I can't help then. I had the exact same issue but was able to to resolve it by adding Google Framework to Magisk Hide. Since you're not rooted, this doesn't apply. Maybe try resetting to factory and see if it works before restoring any backups?

robdam1001

Feb 24, 2007
Interesting. Sorry I can't help then. I had the exact same issue but was able to to resolve it by adding Google Framework to Magisk Hide. Since you're not rooted, this doesn't apply. Maybe try resetting to factory and see if it works before restoring any backups?

Just did factory reset and ok Google is now working. It hasn't finished restoring, however. I'll report back once it has. What a pita.

hpsauce37

Sep 10, 2010
Mine seems to work when the phone is awake however I have noticed that for some reason the Google pill widget does not show the 'ok google' text that normally shows up on my other phones.

Using stock launcher so not a 3rd party problem.

Anyone else notice this?

hmorgan405

Dec 12, 2019
The similar issue I have also come across on my phone and believe me, it was very irritating situation as I am not getting any way to fix it. Even I was not able to understand why it was happening but after searching a lot, I have got some solutions given in one blog. So if you are also coming across the same issue like "OK Google Not Working" then try the below solutions:

Solution 1: Restart Your Android Phone
Solution 2: Force Stop Google App
Solution 3: Clear Cache of Google App
Solution 4: Turn Off Bixby [For Samsung Users]
Solution 5: Make Sure That OK Google Command Is Enabled
Solution 6: Check Microphone On Your Device
Solution 7: Turn Off Adaptive Battery And Battery Saver Option

Last edited by a moderator:

Jerreth

Mar 9, 2011
Oregon
I have noticed a similar issue with voice-to-text being terrible and when this is happening OK Google does not work although it could be problem that happens even after OK Google is working but the voice to text is terrible at recognizing words. After android 10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same issue OK Google will NOT work on the One Plus 7 pro for some reason on my end
    Did all that was suggested , Clear Cache , Clear Data, Disable Google, Reboot, then Endable google, retrain my voice
    But still on the home screen when I say OK Google nothing happens
    Anyone have a FIX for the Oneplus 7 pro? Thanks

BTW Stock 9.5.7 GMA21AA Firmware
    Model GM1917
    STOCK Not Rooted
    That is what I was afraid of ,doing a full factory reset
    If anyone has another solution that avoids that please let me know
    Thanks all
    Not entirely helpful here other than to tell you that I'm not experiencing the same thing. ?
    An old one here but have you installed any third party notification app like notifybuddy or plus beat? Ok Google won't work with these installed. The only notification app that doesn't interfere is AOE.