"Ok Google" Recognition Not Working

Search This thread

vishal3967

Jul 21, 2012
Well, title says it all. Can't get Assistant open with the phrase. Tried retraining the voice model a bunch of times, turned off and and on voice search in activities and have restarted my phone. I'm rooted with magisk. Anyone else experiencing issues with assistant?

nickname_marco

Apr 18, 2010
Me.
I am 9.5.4, unlocked bootloader, magisk installed, super clean installation. Ok Google recognition was working totally perfect the few times I used it in 12 hours; in the last 5 hours it started not picking any voice command, be it in a locked screen or not. Wiping Google's cache didn't help. It must have something to do with OOS (maybe rooting? not likely I guess)
PS voice dictation seems to be working properly

vishal3967

Jul 21, 2012
Me.
I am 9.5.4, unlocked bootloader, magisk installed, super clean installation. Ok Google recognition was working totally perfect the few times I used it in 12 hours; in the last 5 hours it started not picking any voice command, be it in a locked screen or not. Wiping Google's cache didn't help. It must have something to do with OOS (maybe rooting? not likely I guess)

I'm on 9.5.3 with the other stuff the same. And yeah, all the other voice stuff works. I can open assistant other ways and then use my voice to say a command. Just cant activate assistant with voice. Hopefully it's not something to do with rooting, that would suck...

nickname_marco

Apr 18, 2010
I'm on 9.5.3 with the other stuff the same. And yeah, all the other voice stuff works. I can open assistant other ways and then use my voice to say a command. Just cant activate assistant with voice. Hopefully it's not something to do with rooting, that would suck...
It cannot be. I used to activate Google assistant during the few hours after having rooted my phone and it was fine. It just stopped working. It sucks but that's our paycheck for being early adopters lol

nickname_marco

Apr 18, 2010
Do you have any update ?
I upgraded to 9.5.5 as well as latests Google app - no avail.

nickname_marco

Apr 18, 2010
No idea, it's really finicky. Randomly works sometimes. Just checked and it's currently not working lol.

After having tried all of the solutions I could think of - clear Google app cache, clear Play services cache, clear any sort of account, clear my desk lol, uninstall and install updates here and there, retrain voice, change languages - I reset everything and start with a fresh OOS install. Now it works no matter what as I am still rooted, with Nova and I have rebooted my phone several times. I suggest you to do the same. Well, maybe wait a couple of days so I can tell you whether it stops working or not. FINGERS CROSSED!!

Last edited:

vishal3967

Jul 21, 2012
After having tried all of the solutions I could think of - clear Google app cache, clear Play services cache, clear any sort of account, clear my desk lol, uninstall and install updates here and there, retrain voice, change languages - I reset everything and start with a fresh OOS install. Now it works no matter what as I am still rooted, with Nova and I have rebooted my phone several times. I suggest you to do the same. Well, maybe wait a couple of days so I can tell you whether it stops working or not. FINGERS CROSSED!!

I've updated OOS twice and it's still really iffy.

nickname_marco

Apr 18, 2010
I've updated OOS twice and it's still really iffy.

You have updated OOS ie you went from 9.5.3 to 9.5.4 and then 9.5.5 so did I. And so my phone was screwed.
Take my advice: backup, uninstall all Magisk modules and then go to settings and reset everything. You won't even need to boot your phone from a modified boot image!
Please do it for me lol

Pedro80

Mar 23, 2010
Tønsberg
Any chance of resolving this without full reset?
I'm seeing something similar, 9.5.5 with magisk and Nova, upgraded from 9.5.4. I did full flash of 9.5.5 OTA (ie. all partitions not incremental) without wiping data.
I can only get Assistant to react when the screen is off or when the screen is "half on" (ie. black screen with clock). Other places it does not work, ex. lock screen, home screen, in the assistant app, in the Google app etc..
In 9.5.4 I could get the assistant to react from the home screen but never when using a BT headset.

jedi.6

Aug 8, 2009
generationmobiles.net
Hi,

I can not use assistant
I set my voice in the settings , but when the screen is turned on and I say "ok google" the wizard does not run.
If the screen is off, the "ok google" launches but I can not talk to him. He does not react to the voice.
I erase the cache + data from the wizard but nothing to do.

Do you have any ideas.
Thank you

I don't root

Sorry for my english, I do my best

qn1ck

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi,

I can not use assistant
I set my voice in the settings , but when the screen is turned on and I say "ok google" the wizard does not run.
If the screen is off, the "ok google" launches but I can not talk to him. He does not react to the voice.

Do you have any ideas.
Thank you

I don't root

Do you use Plus Beat ? Remove it.

Reactions: noobhero and jedi.6

Pedro80

Mar 23, 2010
Tønsberg
Hi,

I can not use assistant

Do you have any ideas.
Thank you

I don't root

Did you find a resolution to this issue? I'm experiencing the same and have not been able to fix it...

Edit:

I see that you've resolved the issue. I'm not using the Plus Beat app so your resolution will no help me.

I'm 9.5.5.GM21BA, rooted with Magisk 19.3 and Nova launcher (no idea if this matters).
I already saw this thread: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7-pro/help/google-match-lockscreen-t3936647
But hiding Google Services Framework and Google Play Services in Magisk didn't help.

Any tips are welcome.

Last edited:

robdam1001

Feb 24, 2007
I was experiencing the same on my OP7P. A Factory Reset fixed the issue.

Me.

vishal3967

Jul 21, 2012
You have updated OOS ie you went from 9.5.3 to 9.5.4 and then 9.5.5 so did I. And so my phone was screwed.
Take my advice: backup, uninstall all Magisk modules and then go to settings and reset everything. You won't even need to boot your phone from a modified boot image!
Please do it for me lol

Hey do you by any chance have plus beat? Disabling it makes it work when the phone is locked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I can not use assistant

Do you have any ideas.
    Thank you

I don't root

Do you use Plus Beat ? Remove it.
    I too have same problem. Solved removing a notification app. I don't remember the name but it use AMOLED black screen for notification as you have a notification led.
    Removed it and ok Google start working again.

Inviato dal mio GM1913 utilizzando Tapatalk