• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OKCupid doesn't recognize AOSP WebView.

Search This thread

Arjab

Aug 13, 2015
I'm using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with LineageOS 14.1-20180407 and without GApps or Google Services. I tried to use the OKCupid app, but I only get the notification that Android System WebView is missing Does anybody know how to use the app with the preinstalled AOSP WebView?

Ibuprophen

Sep 4, 2012
Upstate New York
I'm using a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 with LineageOS 14.1-20180407 and without GApps or Google Services. I tried to use the OKCupid app, but I only get the notification that Android System WebView is missing Does anybody know how to use the app with the preinstalled AOSP WebView?
I don't do this for my devices but, I believe that the following information should be correct...

... download and install the Android System Webview from the following APKMirror website and then set it as the Default Webview app from within your devices Developer Options...

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-system-webview/

... You may want to double check this on the following Official LineageOS thread for your just to be sure (I believe that you have the following LineageOS for the Mido device).

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3566095

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.

Arjab

Aug 13, 2015
Thanks, but as I've stated I don't use Google services and I don't intend to do so. That's why I was asking, why the app isn't recognizing AOSP WebView, because that's already installed on my device, that's what should work and what I'd like to use.

sanket892

Feb 10, 2017
Dear team,i am currently using 15.1 lineage os on my oneplus 2 but am not getting calls on my jio and unable to make one albeit data is working perfectly...pls help