old CM10 and bluetooth audio routing issues

Search This thread
Hi there,
i hope I'm in the right section.

So long story short:
I have here a Sony Xperia Miro (mesona) and i found a almost fully working cm10 rom for this device.

I noticed it doesn't playback audio to bt devices.
Both ui sounds and media does play on the phone's speaker.
Inside a logcat it seems like it's connecting, enabling a2dp but then routing back audio to phone speaker.

I was wondering if it's possible to fix easily (maybe a bad config file?)

Do you guys have an idea.
It would be a perfect mp3 player if bluetooth audio works.

Thank you so far

Attachments

• 2019-11-11-23-53-44.txt
    12.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

twain55

Jan 21, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia C
Hey, I have the same phone. I stuck on ICS because of the same reason (bluetooth audio not working). What you can do, like I have done, is go to this site: https://shivangdave.com/roms/ via the wayback machine (go back as far as 2016 and pick any snapshot), and get AOKP kitkat. CM11 and Carbon (kitkat) roms are available, but they're slower and buggier than AOKP. You'll need to flash the boot.img from the AOKP zip via fastboot for the rom to boot, and voila! Everything except the camera and brightness slider works in this rom (you can fix brightness using lux lite), including bluetooth audio. And if you don't install GApps, and just sideload the apps you need, it's pretty smooth. It even works great for streaming from spotify and soundcloud, you just need patience. You can also use it as a podcast player.
EDIT: Sorry if I'm a bit late to the party.

Reactions: multiwirth
Sorry if I'm a bit late to the party.
Yeah you're too late :p
I also found the archived download website and got at least one of the builds to boot but since it has some bugs, i switched back to cm10 and had a deeper look into it.

And it's indeed a bad config file.
Don't remember which one i guess it was mixer_path.xml or the like.
So i downloaded a random cm10 build for another device and started comparing files.
In the end, i extracted the necessary file from the zip and throw it onto my device.
Guess what it's working!

If you're interested in the fix, i can take a look in the evening, i have everything on my pc in my personal CM/LineageOS archive for all my devices and some documentations aswell.

Reactions: twain55

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, I have the same phone. I stuck on ICS because of the same reason (bluetooth audio not working). What you can do, like I have done, is go to this site: https://shivangdave.com/roms/ via the wayback machine (go back as far as 2016 and pick any snapshot), and get AOKP kitkat. CM11 and Carbon (kitkat) roms are available, but they're slower and buggier than AOKP. You'll need to flash the boot.img from the AOKP zip via fastboot for the rom to boot, and voila! Everything except the camera and brightness slider works in this rom (you can fix brightness using lux lite), including bluetooth audio. And if you don't install GApps, and just sideload the apps you need, it's pretty smooth. It even works great for streaming from spotify and soundcloud, you just need patience. You can also use it as a podcast player.
    EDIT: Sorry if I'm a bit late to the party.
    Sorry if I'm a bit late to the party.
    Yeah you're too late :p
    I also found the archived download website and got at least one of the builds to boot but since it has some bugs, i switched back to cm10 and had a deeper look into it.

And it's indeed a bad config file.
    Don't remember which one i guess it was mixer_path.xml or the like.
    So i downloaded a random cm10 build for another device and started comparing files.
    In the end, i extracted the necessary file from the zip and throw it onto my device.
    Guess what it's working!

If you're interested in the fix, i can take a look in the evening, i have everything on my pc in my personal CM/LineageOS archive for all my devices and some documentations aswell.
    That would be great.. Danke

The file you have to replace is located in /system/etc/audio_policy.conf
    The zip file is not flashable! Extract the file and place it in the directory via file browser.
    Hope it works for you just as it did for me.