• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Old] Poll about people interest on GCAM port for Xperia 1

Are you looking for a Gcam port for Sony Xperia 1

• Total voters
Search This thread

oomwaa12038

Feb 6, 2016

I try it but can not use same.

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 AM ----------

https://youtu.be/aNSnBNPzof0?list=WL&t=332

"Sony MORE NATURAL take"
“are NOT as oversharpened as in Pixel photos” (…) “and colours are MORE NATURAL”
“Skin tones looks MORE REALISTIC”
“details level are comparable”
“For daylight my choices are for the XPERIA”

Now, I put in capital letters all the main qualities that the Sony Xperia 1 camera has for the donkey that claim something useless ...or he will say that the author of the video is a Sony fanboy ....just LOL

Stop Deceiving Yourself.

japkoslav

Apr 15, 2015
I would really like Gcam on my Xperia 5 - when I compare my old V30 with Gcam to my new Sony 5 ... results are not a leap I expected to see.
Sony is cold when it comes to colourwork and the detail is TBH not that great either.
So Gcam? Absolutely!

orrorin

Aug 28, 2009
Hi everyone!
I'm cyberian camera developer(I hope you know me:D):
https://forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony-themes-apps/mod-cyberian-camera-t3267271
My idea is that gcam port can't solve your problems.

Xperia devices camera software is different from any other android smartphone so it's not easy at all to make gcam app working properly on xperia 1 with the same functionalities. You should also note that a camera app may improve several areas but it can never revolutionize pictures quality
In addition, xperia 1 camera software has many advantages which you'll lose them if you use external camera apps. So by using google camera you may get few features and you'll lose xperia camera capabilities.
My opinion is that you need a tweaked xperia camera. After seeing this thread, I got curious to work on xperia 1 camera. I'll probably release an initial version to know your opinions...

Good Luck:)

I agree 100%. There's nothing really wrong with Sony's camera app or the sensor, I just don't agree with sony's processing choices. For example, noise reduction is WAY too high, would love an option to reduce it. I also think the pictures are generally over exposed and a little bit too contrasty right out of the box.

Would love some knobs and dials to adjust some of these settings

elpvn

Dec 8, 2012
Munich
Yes, I am. Special on Android 10, now have no gcam compatibility with my Xperia 5, stock camera app is too bad on HDR shot (no HDR in auto mode, special in portrait mod and wide cam).

Please bring Gcam (with HDR+) working with Xperia 5 on Android 10. Thanks for help and support!

jesana1976

Dec 5, 2008
Navalmoral de la mata
Si se dispone a hacerlo, estoy dispuesto a donar para la causa

MOD EDIT: Please post only in English according to the FORUM RULES,translation added below:

If you're willing to do so, I'm willing to donate to the cause

Last edited by a moderator:

jeoleo7

May 19, 2013
Kathmandu
I'm very much interested in the AOSP build for the Xperia 1 J9110.
If you have some time and a Linux PC,
Please compile one for us.
Thank you 😊

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    Here a poll to check how many people here are waiting for a gcam port for Xperia 1.
    The fact is the port needs a lot of work, and one of the dev I got in touch with don't have the device to work with, so it adds a lot more work. It would be interesting to see if it's worth the hassle or not.

[Edit] The poll is now pretty much useless since the main purpose was to show the interest to developers, and it appeared there was not that much interest here (90 votes in 10 months)
    And after 10 months of using the Xperia 1 with stock camera app, I, and that include only my own opinion, don't really think a GCAM port would add anything.
    Hi everyone!
    I'm cyberian camera developer(I hope you know me:D):
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony-themes-apps/mod-cyberian-camera-t3267271
    My idea is that gcam port can't solve your problems.

Xperia devices camera software is different from any other android smartphone so it's not easy at all to make gcam app working properly on xperia 1 with the same functionalities. You should also note that a camera app may improve several areas but it can never revolutionize pictures quality
    In addition, xperia 1 camera software has many advantages which you'll lose them if you use external camera apps. So by using google camera you may get few features and you'll lose xperia camera capabilities.
    My opinion is that you need a tweaked xperia camera. After seeing this thread, I got curious to work on xperia 1 camera. I'll probably release an initial version to know your opinions...

Good Luck:)
    I would appreciate a port and willing to donate for the cause.
    Can't really speak for others, but I would really appreciate a Gcam port.
    Even more considering the current state of the stock camera app.
    When you look at the amount of traffic the other Gcam forum thread generates, compared to other threads. It probably already gives you a good idea.
    It even looks like it's the #1 viewed forum thread on the whole Xperia 1 forums.
    Definitely would like to try out a fully working port