Old Whatsapp Chats Disappeared

Search This thread

adhya

Aug 16, 2011
Yogyakarta
I'm starting to realize that my old chats disappeared. It's not archived. The oldest chat gone first and day by day they disappeared one by one chronologically. I did reinstall and relogin but it stays the same. I'm using SM-G965F/DS on June security patch. Have this problem since April security patch as long as I remember. Anybody have the same issue?

Reactions: JOE149

JOE149

Oct 14, 2016
I got the same issue... WhatsApp old conversations are disappearing day by day. I checked it in storage management, total message count is decreasing day by day. For example total messages i sent to someone is 3000, after somedays it's showing 2980. It's happening again and again. I checked it deeply, it our old conversations we had in 2014. It's gone and it's keep disappearing....... please help

JOE149

Oct 14, 2016
Autodeleted chat history

Backup and restore helped. I can able to bring back the messages using old backup, but lost my few recent conversations...but after some days it again start to disappear( I never delete it).... It's our first time conversations. It keep decreasing again and again(I checked it in storage management) For example Message count is 3000, after somedays it's 2980 and after somedays it's 2965 and so on ....Any one who had old conversations please check it.....

I am using honor 6x.... Android nougat

Reactions: Shahy tawab

Nik009

Sep 5, 2018
M using one plus 6, and even m facing same issue for last couple of months. I tried everything, from reinstalling whatsapp with latest backup..to without initiating backup. But messages are disappearing randomly. And m losing important stuff. I have contacted their customer support, but everytime they reply with pre saved templates like a bot

Reactions: Shahy tawab

JOE149

Oct 14, 2016
I also contact customer support few months ago they told me they are investigating but nothing happened... It's only removing the old conversations but still that is important... Anyone who had the same issue please help..how to solve the issue?

adhya

Aug 16, 2011
Yogyakarta
Probable cause:
Hi,

Thanks for your message.

It is possible that an application you have installed on your device such as a cleaner application or an anti-virus application may be attempting to clean your WhatsApp image folder without your knowledge and deleting your files.

You may try to temporarily disable these applications for a period of time and see if the issue still persists.

That's mail from WhatsApp support.

Nik009

Sep 5, 2018
@adhya is this issue if yours solved? If yes, how ?
Coz, mine still happening for last two months, and I have tried literally everything, but m unable to stop it.

Jkoe

Sep 19, 2018
i thought it only happens to me.

a month ago i bought Samsung A6 Plus (SM-A605G/DS) and updated firmware to July 2018 Security Patch.
my old whatsapp message are missing randomly. even i actively chat with that person, after for around 1 week, the first day messages with him is starting gone, day by day. finally the chat room is still there but with the blank message.

i tried everything, e.g. factory reset, reinstall whatsapp, even i replaced my sim card.
it makes me crazy.

tried also to contact whatsapp, they said that i have a corrupt in my whatsapp database or invalid chat database and gave me a not working solution (reinstall whatsapp). replied to them if the solution is not working, but no response from them.

just yesterday it happens again to me.

please help how to solve the issue....

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

is it possible to disable the daily local backup process? i suspect this problem due to that process.

The problem never appears on the day i reinstalled the whatsapp.

Jkoe

Sep 19, 2018
The issue is still there. Give it a try to stop using device maintenance software. If the issue still persist, then I have no idea. :rolleyes:

Hi Adhya, could you please share the result? is that works?
and can you please also share the way how you disable the device maintenance software?

May 17, 2018
YU Yuphoria
Moto X4
I'm facing this problem from last 2 months...

1st I thought its just the old conversations... But today I noticed yesterday's conversations are gone too (some chats)...
I mailed them... They said it'll be fix in next update (lol)...
Using moto x4 (8.0 Oreo)

Jkoe

Sep 19, 2018
1st I thought its just the old conversations... But today I noticed yesterday's conversations are gone too (some chats)...
I mailed them... They said it'll be fix in next update (lol)...
Using moto x4 (8.0 Oreo)

yes correct, yesterday i noticed that it is not only the old chats are gone :crying::crying:

i hope they will release the update soon

Eternia65

Oct 3, 2018
yes correct, yesterday i noticed that it is not only the old chats are gone :crying::crying:

i hope they will release the update soon

Hai im facing that problem too and i have no idea how it can be solved..

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

latest update also not solving the problem..

Ifnu solved it already. Can u please shared the solution. Im from indonesia.. using samsung a8+ and having that problem too since i using this phone.. i just want to know the problem is on the aplication (whatsap) or the device or in the simcard ...

Jkoe

Sep 19, 2018
Hai im facing that problem too and i have no idea how it can be solved..

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Ifnu solved it already. Can u please shared the solution. Im from indonesia.. using samsung a8+ and having that problem too since i using this phone.. i just want to know the problem is on the aplication (whatsap) or the device or in the simcard ...

Hi, I'm also from Indonesia.
until now the problem is still appear and i don't know what is the trigger.
i dont think the problem is on the simcard, i already replaced my sim card but it still there.
last week i planned to switched my phone to Samsung A8+ , getting crazy with my A6+, lucky i didn't buy that.

Eternia65

Oct 3, 2018
i dont think the problem is on the simcard, i already replaced my sim card but it still there.
last week i planned to switched my phone to Samsung A8+ , getting crazy with my A6+, lucky i didn't buy that.

Oh u from indonesia? Can i get your contact plz? Need to chat with a person who hv this issues.. getting crazy

JOE149

Oct 14, 2016
Temporary solution

I had the same issue. I finally founded the temporary solution.I rolled back to old version 2.18.122
It have no issues.... Download old version of whatsapp from apkmirror. Hope it helps..

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

I used different mobile like sony,honor but issues are still there. Problem is with whatsapp new version, not your mobile device... Switch to old version of whatsapp as possible to solve the issue..I am using 2.18.122...now no issues.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm starting to realize that my old chats disappeared. It's not archived. The oldest chat gone first and day by day they disappeared one by one chronologically. I did reinstall and relogin but it stays the same. I'm using SM-G965F/DS on June security patch. Have this problem since April security patch as long as I remember. Anybody have the same issue?
    Autodeleted chat history

Backup and restore helped. I can able to bring back the messages using old backup, but lost my few recent conversations...but after some days it again start to disappear( I never delete it).... It's our first time conversations. It keep decreasing again and again(I checked it in storage management) For example Message count is 3000, after somedays it's 2980 and after somedays it's 2965 and so on ....Any one who had old conversations please check it.....

I am using honor 6x.... Android nougat
    M using one plus 6, and even m facing same issue for last couple of months. I tried everything, from reinstalling whatsapp with latest backup..to without initiating backup. But messages are disappearing randomly. And m losing important stuff. I have contacted their customer support, but everytime they reply with pre saved templates like a bot
    I had the same issue. I finally founded the temporary solution.I rolled back to old version 2.18.122
    It have no issues.... Download old version of whatsapp from apkmirror. Hope it helps..

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

I used different mobile like sony,honor but issues are still there. Problem is with whatsapp new version, not your mobile device... Switch to old version of whatsapp as possible to solve the issue..I am using 2.18.122...now no issues.

I will try download that version... u are using 2.18.122 for how long ? And really no issues ? No missing chat randomly? I try like a lot but nothing help... will do download your version soon. Thx 4 ur help ...
    So there are enough People reporting this issue across the globe. I don't know why WhatsApp is not taking this seriously. They need to take some urgent steps. M losing out very important stuff due to this issue.