• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[OM7] mi7Rom WP7.8 Edition Nokia Mod v2 [Update : 20/10/2012]

Search This thread

bootlicker

Feb 9, 2010
hi guys, would like to say a big thank you to all involved People for this really cool WP7.8!!!!!! I Installed the sotware 1 week ago without any issues, absolutely great!

Thanks and hopefully someone brings WP8 to the Omnia.....how cool would that be!?

regards, Bruno

Reactions: poloche

jeeg

May 27, 2009
molfetta
hello guys I installed the rom mod2. is really ok! but I have a problem with gmail when gmail:
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
how do you do? thank you!

NdotGdot

Nov 29, 2010
It works good enough.

Battery usage seemed really bad when I was downloading games, listening to music and playing games, but when the downloads where finished and I stopped the music, the last five percent took a pretty long time and could have taken even longer if I didn't accidentally turn the phone off. I think the battery calibration isn't right. However, I haven't used it enough to say something realistic about the battery life. Dehydration hack is turned off, I'll try ECO.
(EDIT: With ECO and Battery Saver turned on, battery usage is acceptable, as long as Wi-Fi is turned off.)

There is only one problem: I don't have the black theme. Probably, I am doing something the wrong way (this is my first unlock / WP ROM). Should I just install an app for this? (I don't need any help if that's the case, I know how to search)
(EDIT: I downloaded the wrong version)

Last edited:

dormix

Jan 24, 2010
Pescara
Could one come back

Hi, I could do it if I wanted to go back to official rom and, since my omnia7 firmware is kk2, there would be any problems with full unlock?

Thanks in advance!

hiSSteria

Aug 20, 2012
Civitas Sancti Demetrii
Battery life

For all of you, having trouble with low battery life using this ROM (just over one day, or so, of normal usage), I might have a solution. (I am using first ROM with 7.8 system, that poloche cooked, posted HERE, if it makes any difference.)

First things first - When i originally installed this ROM, battery life was very bad. A day of normal usage, and that's it. I tried many different things, in one moment disabling dehydration hack seemed to help, but only after uninstalling a number of apps, problems disappeared. I will get back to that. Here is how my Battery screen in settings looks like now:

View attachment 1518961

Battery saver is turned off (except when it turns itself on), Wi-fi is turned on, downloading emails is set to "as items arrive", so no special measures of saving battery. Battery drain when phone is idling is exactly 1% per hour, never more.To be totally honest, it is four and a half days of relatively light usage - a few calls, several SMS messages per day, some internet, mail, etc. But, then again, before that, my phone was practically idling, and battery lasted one day anyway.

And what is most curious, application responsible for battery drain was - Nokia Drive :confused:. Since I uninstalled it, problems were gone. So, I forgot about the whole thing, and kept using phone for a few weeks.

Then recently, I decided to install some more apps. And then - what a surprise! Battery drain again. After just 2 hours, battery dropped from 100% to 86%, with only a few minutes of phone usage.
And, application responsible was, believe it or not - Nokia Trailers. :confused: I uninstalled it, and problems were once again gone.

So, here is my theory. Branded Nokia apps cause battery drain. How and why, I have no idea. It may be a long shot, but I don't know how I could interpret facts differently. And facts are pretty straightforward - no Nokia apps, battery lasts four days. Install any of them - it drops to just over a day, and nothing else is changed on the phone.

Maybe someone should try it out, however stupid it may sound... :p

narshorn

For all of you, having trouble with low battery life using this ROM (just over one day, or so, of normal usage), I might have a solution. (I am using first ROM with 7.8 system, that poloche cooked, posted HERE, if it makes any difference.)

First things first - When i originally installed this ROM, battery life was very bad. A day of normal usage, and that's it. I tried many different things, in one moment disabling dehydration hack seemed to help, but only after uninstalling a number of apps, problems disappeared. I will get back to that. Here is how my Battery screen in settings looks like now:

View attachment 1518961

Battery saver is turned off (except when it turns itself on), Wi-fi is turned on, downloading emails is set to "as items arrive", so no special measures of saving battery. Battery drain when phone is idling is exactly 1% per hour, never more.To be totally honest, it is four and a half days of relatively light usage - a few calls, several SMS messages per day, some internet, mail, etc. But, then again, before that, my phone was practically idling, and battery lasted one day anyway.

And what is most curious, application responsible for battery drain was - Nokia Drive :confused:. Since I uninstalled it, problems were gone. So, I forgot about the whole thing, and kept using phone for a few weeks.

Then recently, I decided to install some more apps. And then - what a surprise! Battery drain again. After just 2 hours, battery dropped from 100% to 86%, with only a few minutes of phone usage.
And, application responsible was, believe it or not - Nokia Trailers. :confused: I uninstalled it, and problems were once again gone.

So, here is my theory. Branded Nokia apps cause battery drain. How and why, I have no idea. It may be a long shot, but I don't know how I could interpret facts differently. And facts are pretty straightforward - no Nokia apps, battery lasts four days. Install any of them - it drops to just over a day, and nothing else is changed on the phone.

Maybe someone should try it out, however stupid it may sound... :p

Not stupid, but one can also set those Nokia Apps never allowed to run in the background; when they're stopped they really don't eat any more battery life then :)
Same thing with Gmaps too.

Once battery calibrated fine ( 4 days use battery discharger tool at night before charging during the night ) it can last two days with regular usage, phone, sms, some mail (set to 1 hour) and some light web browsing. With intensive use like games etc it might last only one day, or even 12 hours ;)

Best,

nAr

saa044

Jul 28, 2007
Pretoria
This is a wonderful Rom. However after one day I cant open 80% of my apps anymore, just flips back to the previous screen and this is realy one of my favorite roms. What can I do to fix this?

Edit, I left everything as it was, didn't change anything in this rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No bug, but initially the rom is BETA !!! ... i have just cooked mi7Rom with SYS WP7.8 ! It's a custom rom mixed by WP7.5/WP7.8 because languages packs except en-US are in OS WP7.5 lol :) I'm waiting for the new languages pack in 8835 for all others lang and i'll cook new rom entirely WP7.8 !

-- mi7Rom WP7.8 Edition Nokia Mod --

Languages :
    Español / Français / Magyar / Čeština / Dansk / Deutsch / Suomi / US English / Italiano / Nederlands / Norsk / polski / Português (Brasil) / Русский / UK English / Português (Protugal)

Features :
    • System WP7.8
    • Flip-To-Silence
    • Vibrate On Call (Shake On Answer)
    • USB Video Out
    • ... Based on mi7ROm Edition Nokia v2.1

ROM Download Link : http://htcfanboys.com/download/hBk0dY/?action=browse&folder=13662 - Please don't rehost my download link !

WP8 Dictation packs Dowload Link : http://htcfanboys.com/download/poloche/?action=browse&folder=14322

Don't forget to thankx Me of course, but especially Mirolg for the base of my C.Rom :p

Good Day my friends !!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 20/10/12

-- mi7Rom WP7.8 Edition Nokia Mod v2 - Full Dark Theme --

Languages :
    Español / Français / Magyar / Čeština / Dansk / Deutsch / Suomi / US English / Italiano / Nederlands / Norsk / polski / Português (Brasil) / Русский / UK English / Português (Protugal)

Features :
    • Flip-to-silence
    • USB Video Out
    • Nokia Ringtones
    • NEW : Office 2013 (Hub,icons,tile)
    • NEW : Accents color WP8 (20 accents)
    • NEW : ThemeResources added (for all 20 accents)
    • NEW : Wallpapers WP8
    • NEW : Colored Digital Power bar
    • NEW : Full Dark Theme added (Office + Email)

Apps : lot of homebrews updated ... :)

Deleted :
    • many apps as Nokia Counter, Nokia Explorer, HTC Connection Setup, etc... We can download it with Marketplace !!!
    • all themes tweaks ! ... We can instal with Homebrews !!
    • all accents colors tweaks ! ... We can instal with Homebrews !!
    • all wallpapers tweaks !... We can load pictures with Zune !!

Warning : Not use "Light" theme with this Rom !!! Just "Dark" theme is autorized !

ROM Download Link : http://htcfanboys.com/download/poloche/?action=browse&folder=13971 - Please don't rehost my download link !

WP8 Dictation packs Dowload Link : http://htcfanboys.com/download/poloche/?action=browse&folder=14322

Screenshots !

--> Hub WP7.8

attachment.php

--> Dark Email

attachment.php

--> Dark Office

attachment.php

--> Dark SkyDrive

attachment.php

... What else ??? :D

-------
    Thankx to "All devs" my friends ;)
    Link is share in post 1 ;)
    Good flash my friends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    News screenshots posted in post 1 !!! :)

Commin soon ..this week end man !
    Thank you for your quickly. May I ask two more questions ?

Firstly, I am using mi7Rom from this thread, but I don't know how to install xap from my PC to my phone...

Install WindowsPhone SDK from Microsoft website and try this one!
    http://wpmanagertool.codeplex.com/

Secondly, How to copy music from PC to phone without Zune ?

Thanks in advance.

Good question.. You can mount the phone as drive in Explorer
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1069568
    but zune is better..
    dear poloche, this is a great rom...

have a little request, could you provide the original dll for the status bar (white without percentage) (if i have understood correctly tshres.262.dll) i'd prefer it... i suppose i could change it by myself

You can instal Color Start Menu.xap and instal yourself the original power bar :) .. if not, i share you the file dll !