OMG! What's wrong with Sony Ericsson???!!!

Search This thread

bedoroacle

Oct 28, 2006
Cairo
respectable company

:mad:i think they forget x2 .:mad:

i will not buy any Sony ercicsson mobile even they sell the best mobile on the plan

they are not respectable company , I’ m sure there is no quality control in their manufacturing process , u see x2 haven’t 3G video call , radio till u update ur x2.
mobile,

how u box it with all these bugs,: mad:

Reactions: Supermarf
Jun 25, 2010
In a City
Ok lets look at the facts....
1. The X10, X8, X10minis aren't having there bootloaders unlocked, so why would they unlock the X2s?
2. Sony Ericsson isn't going to invest money into a platform/phone they don't sell/use anymore just to make some people happy. Sony Ericsson is a company not a charity, so if it doesn't make money why would they do it?

hertell

Nov 28, 2009
Helsinki
Sony Ericsson isn't going to invest money into a platform/phone they don't sell/use anymore just to make some people happy. Sony Ericsson is a company not a charity, so if it doesn't make money why would they do it?

The fact is that Sony Ericsson released a phone oriented for Business-users and companies. The phone did have a pricetag worth around 650€, so it was a phone from the more expensiver end.

In other words this phone was not intended to be a toy as most of Sony Ericsson's phones are. It's just because of this i feel that Sony Ericcson let down their customers by cheating them with a phone that is currently pure crap. They supported the phone about 3 months with a couple of software-releases, and ditched it after this. 3 months is not what a company expects a business-phone's support to be. I see it to be at least 1-1,5 years after the initial release. Toys could just go with one update, and then they could get ignored after this.

Now that SE is focusing their development more or less on only Android Phones, i don't see any reason why they could not try to clean up their mess by releasing an Android-verison for the phone, and try to calm down pissed of customers with a crap phone.

I really don't understand why someone loves Windows Mobile. I totally hate WinMo, and i just find annoyances, flaws and stupid behaviours in this bloated operating-system. :mad:

That Nokias Stephen E-flop picked Winmo for their phones will be an end for their era as a leading cellphone-manufacturer... Windows is NOT suitable for mobile devices. They should just stick with desktop-computers.

Xcalibur08

May 29, 2009
Lisbon
We are wrong...SE are late

When X1 was released (lately) it should have been like X2 (with all the extra features that X2 have and X1 don't) the price of X1 was in level with competitors that have better and newer hardware and features.

When X2 comes out SE was late again... all competitors were lauching Snapdragon 1GHZ CPU Phones (for that level of price) and SE mantains the hardware identical to X1...

They're late in hardware and in software dev (OS releases) and because of that, they were not enable to sold X2 (they release, almost at the same time, the X10 with Android) so they quit the development of it.

We were wrong... we bought it at high level price (confident in the high quality that the name SE brings with it - the wave before touch phones wasn't so dependent of OS software) when we should waste our money with other brands.

That's my personal opinion. I've been buying SE since t68i (P910, K800i, P990, X1, X2 and Satio). I'm happy with my current SE phones (Satio and X2) but I'll not buy again SE phones blindly (without check all competitors).
By the same price I'll be more happier with another phone from another brand with more capabilities.

Legal2k

Oct 28, 2010
Rakvere
Right

When X1 was released (lately) it should have been like X2 (with all the extra features that X2 have and X1 don't) the price of X1 was in level with competitors that have better and newer hardware and features.

When X2 comes out SE was late again... all competitors were lauching Snapdragon 1GHZ CPU Phones (for that level of price) and SE mantains the hardware identical to X1...

They're late in hardware and in software dev (OS releases) and because of that, they were not enable to sold X2 (they release, almost at the same time, the X10 with Android) so they quit the development of it.

We were wrong... we bought it at high level price (confident in the high quality that the name SE brings with it - the wave before touch phones wasn't so dependent of OS software) when we should waste our money with other brands.

That's my personal opinion. I've been buying SE since t68i (P910, K800i, P990, X1, X2 and Satio). I'm happy with my current SE phones (Satio and X2) but I'll not buy again SE phones blindly (without check all competitors).
By the same price I'll be more happier with another phone from another brand with more capabilities.
right the same words +1

shingers5

Recognized Contributor
Sep 5, 2008
liverpool
X2 are you kidding me?

Seriously people are still talking about this device! With what's on offer now from Sony Ericsson I am sure they will claw their way back in the mix! X2 was dead in the water before release as handsets available at time of it's release offered much more. There will be no hdspl for x2 as quite frankly the demand isn't high enough and the phone is bugged. Winmo 6 is dead IMO with mango release eminent on wp7.1 alas put x2 to bed

frothe3

Mar 19, 2011
I agree. I would have bought the X2 had it not been for the exorbitant retail price, plus no GSM carrier support here in the US. Now, all support, especially the OS, will be gone, making this phone DOA. A real shame, because the X2 had, and still has lots of potential.

Sent from my X10a using XDA App

x2user

Jan 22, 2011
These days a SE X2 can be had for as little as around 200 euro (new or demo), so maybe that is an acceptable price for what it offers. I still believe the keyboard is way above anything the competition offers (including the latest Nokia E7).

just_visiting

Aug 14, 2008
Vancouver
These days a SE X2 can be had for as little as around 200 euro (new or demo), so maybe that is an acceptable price for what it offers. I still believe the keyboard is way above anything the competition offers (including the latest Nokia E7).

The X2 still has the best keyboard out of any current smartphone on the market. I wish SE would release a Windows 7.5 phone with an identical keyboard.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't believe this... Why can't they open up the Xperia X2 too???

http://www.esato.com/news/article.php/id=1984
    respectable company

:mad:i think they forget x2 .:mad:

i will not buy any Sony ercicsson mobile even they sell the best mobile on the plan

they are not respectable company , I’ m sure there is no quality control in their manufacturing process , u see x2 haven’t 3G video call , radio till u update ur x2.
    mobile,

how u box it with all these bugs,: mad:
    Sony Ericsson isn't going to invest money into a platform/phone they don't sell/use anymore just to make some people happy. Sony Ericsson is a company not a charity, so if it doesn't make money why would they do it?

The fact is that Sony Ericsson released a phone oriented for Business-users and companies. The phone did have a pricetag worth around 650€, so it was a phone from the more expensiver end.

In other words this phone was not intended to be a toy as most of Sony Ericsson's phones are. It's just because of this i feel that Sony Ericcson let down their customers by cheating them with a phone that is currently pure crap. They supported the phone about 3 months with a couple of software-releases, and ditched it after this. 3 months is not what a company expects a business-phone's support to be. I see it to be at least 1-1,5 years after the initial release. Toys could just go with one update, and then they could get ignored after this.

Now that SE is focusing their development more or less on only Android Phones, i don't see any reason why they could not try to clean up their mess by releasing an Android-verison for the phone, and try to calm down pissed of customers with a crap phone.

I really don't understand why someone loves Windows Mobile. I totally hate WinMo, and i just find annoyances, flaws and stupid behaviours in this bloated operating-system. :mad:

That Nokias Stephen E-flop picked Winmo for their phones will be an end for their era as a leading cellphone-manufacturer... Windows is NOT suitable for mobile devices. They should just stick with desktop-computers.
    We are wrong...SE are late

Right

right the same words +1
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone