• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Omnia 7 WP7 updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Niiceg

Jul 8, 2010
Vilnius
As I got the NoDo, I think it's MS fault, but well they said this update will take a while. Well, I got notification when i dialed in dialer *#1234#, u can try it when pluged to pc. Maybe it is not the reason why i got the notification, but just try ;D

Last edited:

bobbanj

Sep 9, 2008
As I got the NoDo, I think it's MS fault, but well they said this update will take a while. Well, I got notification when i dialed in dialer *#1234#, u can try it when pluged to pc. Maybe it is not the reason why i got the notification, but just try ;D

When i try the *#1234# i get "Session terminated"
I am on the I8700XENJK1 firmware

azel

Aug 5, 2007
Berlin
Received the 7008 update yesterday afternoon. I have bought my unbranded device a couple of days ago here in Germany. My device is registered as development-device in AppHub, maybe that's the reason for the early update.

The update and the pre-update didn't break anything, so guess it's all good then. Copy&Paste isn't as good as it is on Android Froyo/Gingerbread devices :(

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Xylias

Jun 12, 2010
I have an Open Market phone, in the diagnosis menu it says:

PDA/Phone:I8700XXJK1
CSC:I8700XENJK1

I'm from the Netherlands and no update yet, I'm on 7.0.7008

xdamir

Jun 19, 2009
Birmingham
Hi everybody! I just updated to WP7 NoDo (March Update) version 7390. Please be informed that my Omnia 7 is jail broken, unlocked but branded by Orange UK. I was able to get the Pre-Nodo 7008 using the same method which I had to for NoDo later.
All my side loaded applications are intact and the phone unlock state persists.
Following is a brief method to obtain updates.
1. Make your phone ready for updates. (You may use Wifi or Data Connection on your phone to look for updates, please make sure that your phone is allowed to check for updates using the cellular data network).

2. Download the pbk file from here (http://dawnrazrblade.blogspot.com/), this is in red font, so just click and save it.
3. Run the pbk file and select Hungary PPTP, enter "demo" for both user name and password then hit connect.
4. Connect your already turned off Omnia to your PC/Laptop. Zune shall start automatically.
5. Make sure that you are connect to either, the wifi or the data network. Navigate to phone settings under zune, and then keeping your watch by the side hit check for phone updates from zune.
6. Take the time reading when Zune displays that your phone is already upto date. Once again keep your time piece by your side check for phone updates again and just a few seconds before your previously noted time reading turn off the wifi or your data connection (which ever you are using during this process), and you would be prompted for the March 2011 update (Only in the cases where the phone has already been updated to 7008, otherwise you will get the update notification for February update 7008. However after repeating the while process you will also be able to update to NoDo).
7. Before you hit the update button kindly disconnect the pbk connection which you had downloaded, and to do that just repoen the pbk and click hang up.
8. Make sure that you have sufficient space (5 to 15 GB free space) on your hard drive.
9. Hit the update now button, and there you are!!!
10. (The boot loader version remains though so NoDo did not change that)
Let me know your thoughts and responses.

Reactions: amdx2

Angus9000

Oct 8, 2009
Mannheim
yeah, just followed the instructions above and it worked for my omnia 7.
it's the 16 gb model from t-mobile germany, which i previously flashed with an unbranded firmware. i got the february update right away a few days ago, but the nodo appeared only after doing that trick with the hungarian vpn etc. :)

tpgg2003

Jan 5, 2007
Aggiornamento disponibile: Aggiornamento di Samsung per Windows Phone

Today I have received the following notification on ZUNE (see pict)
"Aggiornamento disponibile: Aggiornamento di Samsung per Windows Phone"

http://twitpic.com/4ewiye
http://twitpic.com/4f0q4o

After upgrade, on my "SAMSUNG OMNIA7" "TRE ITA" now I see:

http://twitpic.com/4eyy28

PDA: I8700XXJK1 (was I8700XXJID)
Phone: I8700XXJK1
CSC: I8700HUIJK1 :) (was I8700HUIJID)
Versione SO: 7.0.7390.0 :) (was 7.0.7008.0)
Numero revisione firmware: 2424.10.11.1
Numero revisione hardware: 3.15.0.4
Versione software radio: 2424.10.11.1
Versione hardware radio: 0.0.0.800
Versione bootloader: 4.11.0.3
Versione processore SOC: 0.36.2.0

Last edited:
Reactions: slysy

slysy

Jan 7, 2011

http //twitpic.com/4ewiye

on my "SAMSUNG OMNIA7" "TRE ITA" now I see:

Nice! :cool:

T045T

Mar 1, 2008
Whoa, the stopwatch plane mode thing worked for me, even without the pbk connection (using Windows Phone Connector on Mac OS 10.6) - didn't see that coming, to be honest :)
But now it won't let me update because my laptop's battery doesn't have enough of a charge :D

amdx2

Apr 18, 2010
Hi everybody! I just updated to WP7 NoDo (March Update) version 7390. Please be informed that my Omnia 7 is jail broken, unlocked but branded by Orange UK. I was able to get the Pre-Nodo 7008 using the same method which I had to for NoDo later.
1. Make your phone ready for updates. (You may use Wifi or Data Connection on your phone to look for updates, please make sure that your phone is allowed to check for updates using the cellular data network).

2. Download the pbk file from here (http://dawnrazrblade.blogspot.com/), this is in red font, so just click and save it.
3. Run the pbk file and select Hungary PPTP, enter "demo" for both user name and password then hit connect.
4. Connect your already turned off Omnia to your PC/Laptop. Zune shall start automatically.
5. Make sure that you are connect to either, the wifi or the data network. Navigate to phone settings under zune, and then keeping your watch by the side hit check for phone updates from zune.
6. Take the time reading when Zune displays that your phone is already upto date. Once again keep your time piece by your side check for phone updates again and just a few seconds before your previously noted time reading turn off the wifi or your data connection (which ever you are using during this process), and you would be prompted for the March 2011 update (Only in the cases where the phone has already been updated to 7008, otherwise you will get the update notification for February update 7008. However after repeating the while process you will also be able to update to NoDo).
7. Before you hit the update button kindly disconnect the pbk connection which you had downloaded, and to do that just repoen the pbk and click hang up.
8. Make sure that you have sufficient space (5 to 15 GB free space) on your hard drive.

thanks you so much.. updating my phone now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If the update - for whatever reasons - doesn't apply correctly:

1) Don't worry, you will not lose any data
    2) Take a seat and read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2498092
    Not quiet true, unbranded (like mine) devices wont give a fig about what the carrier is doing, they go straight back to the Microsoft update servers, it just seems that the Omnia update is not released yet.
    nothing for me either im still on 7004 :S

Ive rang T-Mobile, they said ring Samsung, So i rang them, Samsung said ring Microsoft lol, can anyone say passing the buck :S

Would removing the branding work?

As we've stated, if you debrand you will definitely get updated to 7008. However, as of yet, even unbranded Omnias aren't being updated to NoDo.

Casey

Aggiornamento disponibile: Aggiornamento di Samsung per Windows Phone

http://twitpic.com/4ewiye
    http://twitpic.com/4f0q4o

After upgrade, on my "SAMSUNG OMNIA7" "TRE ITA" now I see:

http://twitpic.com/4eyy28