• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Omnia 7 WP7 updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

wwfc

Nov 6, 2010
High Wycombe, England
Hi everybody! I just updated to WP7 NoDo (March Update) version 7390. Please be informed that my Omnia 7 is jail broken, unlocked but branded by Orange UK. I was able to get the Pre-Nodo 7008 using the same method which I had to for NoDo later.
All my side loaded applications are intact and the phone unlock state persists.
Following is a brief method to obtain updates.
1. Make your phone ready for updates. (You may use Wifi or Data Connection on your phone to look for updates, please make sure that your phone is allowed to check for updates using the cellular data network).

2. Download the pbk file from here (http://dawnrazrblade.blogspot.com/), this is in red font, so just click and save it.
3. Run the pbk file and select Hungary PPTP, enter "demo" for both user name and password then hit connect.
4. Connect your already turned off Omnia to your PC/Laptop. Zune shall start automatically.
5. Make sure that you are connect to either, the wifi or the data network. Navigate to phone settings under zune, and then keeping your watch by the side hit check for phone updates from zune.
6. Take the time reading when Zune displays that your phone is already upto date. Once again keep your time piece by your side check for phone updates again and just a few seconds before your previously noted time reading turn off the wifi or your data connection (which ever you are using during this process), and you would be prompted for the March 2011 update (Only in the cases where the phone has already been updated to 7008, otherwise you will get the update notification for February update 7008. However after repeating the while process you will also be able to update to NoDo).
7. Before you hit the update button kindly disconnect the pbk connection which you had downloaded, and to do that just repoen the pbk and click hang up.
8. Make sure that you have sufficient space (5 to 15 GB free space) on your hard drive.
9. Hit the update now button, and there you are!!!
10. (The boot loader version remains though so NoDo did not change that)
Let me know your thoughts and responses.

Nope didn't work for me :( Just kept getting software is up to date (7008) hurry the hell up mcrsft

tpgg2003

Jan 5, 2007
ChevronWP7.Updater.exe

Chris said:
Written April 4th, 2011 at 11:23 pm

So who wants Windows Phone Updates, like right now?

Disclaimer, use this at your own risk, if this voids your warranty I’m not being held responsible, blah blah all that junk.
Well, first, thanks go out for Microsoft for releasing a support tool for Windows Phone yesterday. Inside that tool, were unreal hidden gems.
Basically they’ve created a managed wrapper over the whole update process for us, rather nice of them.
So I flashed my HTC Mozart back to RTM (7004) via a ROM update HTC ship and whipped up a little application to flash pre-NoDo (7008), NoDo (7355), NoDo update 1 (7389) & NoDo update 2 (7390) all in a single process. No I don’t care which carrier you are on, which phone you have, it’ll just update your phone accordingly.
We really have to commend Microsoft here for being able to split up the OS updates into differential packs, which saves users downloading 200+ MB updates, unlike the IFruit updates.
All you need to do is run the ChevronWP7.Updater.exe console app and follow the prompts.
Make sure you select the RIGHT language for your device. To double check what your default language is, go to Settings > Keyboard and if your selected language is displayed in the Console app, you’re good to select it. If it isn’t in the list, DON’T flash it just yet.
Now, download the following files.

ChevronWP7.Updater.zip

Once you’ve installed the support tools and extracted the ChevronWP7.Updater.zip to the desktop, plug your phone in and wait 30 seconds.
Now start ChevronWP7.Updater.exe (this should kill Zune) and follow the prompts.
If you’re updating from Version 7004, you need to run the Updater TWICE, this needs the preUpdate before we can flash NoDo.
Again, if your language isn’t in the Chevron updater, DON’T attempt to update your phone. Some of the applications won’t work otherwise.
This “might” work for HD2 owners, haven’t tried it out just yet. If it does, report below and tell me .
There is NO revert process, again, flash at your own risk.
David Gardiner said:
Running against my Samsung Omnia 7 right now…..

Update completed! Now running 7.0.7390.0
Nice job and thanks,
-dave

Google for ChevronWP7.Updater.exe ...

Microsoft said:
WARNING Microsoft say that ChevronWP7.Updater blocks all futures updates of your Windows Phone 7

Chris Walsh - May 14 2011 said:
“Walshed” Phone Support Tool: official fix to get you back on track - Updated!

Last edited:

xdamir

Jun 19, 2009
Birmingham
May 17 2011: 7392 Bundled with NoDo launched officially. For some instances you might be required to update your USB Modem drivers, however do not apply the drivers patch unless the update process terminates with an error.

xdamir

Jun 19, 2009
Birmingham
Ok, mine was updated without having to apply the samsung patch, just to add.

PDA: I8700XXJL3
Phone:I8700XXJK1
CSC: I8700XEUJL3
Bootloader: 4.12.0.9

Last edited:

JPDB

Feb 12, 2010
phone 'bricked'

May 17 2011: 7392 Bundled with NoDo launched officially. For some instances you might be required to update your USB Modem drivers, however do not apply the drivers patch unless the update process terminates with an error.

Yesterday 'quickly' installed the patch (from the samsung site) without being sure if the update wouldn't work(wasn't available). The tool was supposed to check if I should apply the patch, and it communicated that the device should be patched.
But after that my Phone started rebooting, and now it just hangs on the Samsung Omnia 7 screen, no windows loading.
I tried:
  • re-applying the same patch (I can activate download mode without any probs)
  • formatting the device (volumeDOWN-camera-power)
  • installing other firmwares (I8700XENJK1, I8700BSEJK1 and I8700DBTJK1), installation log says everything is fine, but no windows-booting

Anybody good suggestions?

Last edited:

singularity0821

Apr 6, 2011
I also installed the Samsung Update without checking if I even need it. But I didn't have any problems to update to 7392.

xdamir

Jun 19, 2009
Birmingham
Yesterday 'quickly' installed the patch (from the samsung site) without being sure if the update wouldn't work(wasn't available). The tool was supposed to check if I should apply the patch, and it communicated that the device should be patched.
But after that my Phone started rebooting, and now it just hangs on the Samsung Omnia 7 screen, no windows loading.
I tried:
  • re-applying the same patch (I can activate download mode without any probs)
  • formatting the device (volumeDOWN-camera-power)
  • installing other firmwares (I8700XENJK1, I8700BSEJK1 and I8700DBTJK1), installation log says everything is fine, but no windows-booting

Anybody good suggestions?
Ok, here is the catch. You need to use some other computer to change your rom since the USB drivers that are loaded for flashing have been updated due to Samsung patch. Start off with a machine where you must make sure that you install the USB drivers available from samfirmware, and then flash any available rom, I suggest DBTJK1. I hope that resolves the issue.

JPDB

Feb 12, 2010
still no fun...

Ok, here is the catch. You need to use some other computer to change your rom since the USB drivers that are loaded for flashing have been updated due to Samsung patch. Start off with a machine where you must make sure that you install the USB drivers available from samfirmware, and then flash any available rom, I suggest DBTJK1. I hope that resolves the issue.

Thanks xdamir, but unfortunally no luck with the DBTJK1 firmware (succesfully installed, hard-booted (removed battery) but still no windows booting.

I tried the updates from a clean win7 VM... maybe I'll try a WinXP machine?

Thanks again!

tpgg2003

Jan 5, 2007
Today I have received the following notification on ZUNE (see pict)
"Aggiornamento disponibile: Aggiornamento di Samsung per Windows Phone"

http://twitpic.com/4ewiye
http://twitpic.com/4f0q4o

After upgrade, on my "SAMSUNG OMNIA7" "TRE ITA" now I see:

http://twitpic.com/4eyy28

PDA: I8700XXJK1 (was I8700XXJID)
Phone: I8700XXJK1
CSC: I8700HUIJK1 :) (was I8700HUIJID)
Versione SO: 7.0.7390.0 :) (was 7.0.7008.0)
Numero revisione firmware: 2424.10.11.1
Numero revisione hardware: 3.15.0.4
Versione software radio: 2424.10.11.1
Versione hardware radio: 0.0.0.800
Versione bootloader: 4.11.0.3
Versione processore SOC: 0.36.2.0

Yesterday Zune update my phone to: 7.0.7392.0
no other changes to firmware

sameerabedi

Sep 16, 2008
I'm trying to install the recently released Samsung Device Update Support Tool.

However, I can't seem to enter Download Mode on the phone.

I'm holding down the Camera button + Volume Up button and then connecting the USB cable to the phone. Instead of entering Download Mode, another picture of the phone with a cable and arrow pointing to a laptop comes up and the phone doesn't progress from there.

Zune loads but that gives me an error code and is unable to proceed!

This is so irritating!!! Am I doing something wrong?

xdamir

Jun 19, 2009
Birmingham
Bad bootlader, replace your handset or alternatively use the 301k ohm USB jig.

Sent from my Omnia7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

sameerabedi

Sep 16, 2008
Thanks, I'll have to make up a story about my handset to get a replacement!

"Bad bootloader, won't let me install the update" probably won't work!

lutherkingmartin

Dec 13, 2007
Yes it does, I also tested it besides the 301.

for fun :

My cheaper jig. Price : 0,06 € (I don't count Scotch ^^)

52649758.jpg

:D :D :D

sameerabedi

Sep 16, 2008
Thanks, I'll have to make up a story about my handset to get a replacement!

"Bad bootloader, won't let me install the update" probably won't work!

So managed to get a replacement - and guess what? - same problem, bad bootloader once again!

Do any good Omina7 exists?? They won't let me change to a HTC Mozart (which is cheaper). Might have to get the USB jig thingy from eBay instead now!!

This is ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If the update - for whatever reasons - doesn't apply correctly:

1) Don't worry, you will not lose any data
    2) Take a seat and read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2498092
    Not quiet true, unbranded (like mine) devices wont give a fig about what the carrier is doing, they go straight back to the Microsoft update servers, it just seems that the Omnia update is not released yet.
    nothing for me either im still on 7004 :S

Ive rang T-Mobile, they said ring Samsung, So i rang them, Samsung said ring Microsoft lol, can anyone say passing the buck :S

Would removing the branding work?

As we've stated, if you debrand you will definitely get updated to 7008. However, as of yet, even unbranded Omnias aren't being updated to NoDo.

Casey
    Hi everybody! I just updated to WP7 NoDo (March Update) version 7390. Please be informed that my Omnia 7 is jail broken, unlocked but branded by Orange UK. I was able to get the Pre-Nodo 7008 using the same method which I had to for NoDo later.
    All my side loaded applications are intact and the phone unlock state persists.
    Following is a brief method to obtain updates.
    1. Make your phone ready for updates. (You may use Wifi or Data Connection on your phone to look for updates, please make sure that your phone is allowed to check for updates using the cellular data network).

2. Download the pbk file from here (http://dawnrazrblade.blogspot.com/), this is in red font, so just click and save it.
    3. Run the pbk file and select Hungary PPTP, enter "demo" for both user name and password then hit connect.
    4. Connect your already turned off Omnia to your PC/Laptop. Zune shall start automatically.
    5. Make sure that you are connect to either, the wifi or the data network. Navigate to phone settings under zune, and then keeping your watch by the side hit check for phone updates from zune.
    6. Take the time reading when Zune displays that your phone is already upto date. Once again keep your time piece by your side check for phone updates again and just a few seconds before your previously noted time reading turn off the wifi or your data connection (which ever you are using during this process), and you would be prompted for the March 2011 update (Only in the cases where the phone has already been updated to 7008, otherwise you will get the update notification for February update 7008. However after repeating the while process you will also be able to update to NoDo).
    7. Before you hit the update button kindly disconnect the pbk connection which you had downloaded, and to do that just repoen the pbk and click hang up.
    8. Make sure that you have sufficient space (5 to 15 GB free space) on your hard drive.
    9. Hit the update now button, and there you are!!!
    10. (The boot loader version remains though so NoDo did not change that)
    Let me know your thoughts and responses.
    Aggiornamento disponibile: Aggiornamento di Samsung per Windows Phone

Today I have received the following notification on ZUNE (see pict)
    "Aggiornamento disponibile: Aggiornamento di Samsung per Windows Phone"

http://twitpic.com/4ewiye
    http://twitpic.com/4f0q4o

After upgrade, on my "SAMSUNG OMNIA7" "TRE ITA" now I see:

http://twitpic.com/4eyy28

PDA: I8700XXJK1 (was I8700XXJID)
    Phone: I8700XXJK1
    CSC: I8700HUIJK1 :) (was I8700HUIJID)
    Versione SO: 7.0.7390.0 :) (was 7.0.7008.0)
    Numero revisione firmware: 2424.10.11.1
    Numero revisione hardware: 3.15.0.4
    Versione software radio: 2424.10.11.1
    Versione hardware radio: 0.0.0.800
    Versione bootloader: 4.11.0.3
    Versione processore SOC: 0.36.2.0