Hi everybody! I just updated to WP7 NoDo (March Update) version 7390. Please be informed that my Omnia 7 is jail broken, unlocked but branded by Orange UK. I was able to get the Pre-Nodo 7008 using the same method which I had to for NoDo later.
All my side loaded applications are intact and the phone unlock state persists.
Following is a brief method to obtain updates.
1. Make your phone ready for updates. (You may use Wifi or Data Connection on your phone to look for updates, please make sure that your phone is allowed to check for updates using the cellular data network).
2. Download the pbk file from here (http://dawnrazrblade.blogspot.com/), this is in red font, so just click and save it.
3. Run the pbk file and select Hungary PPTP, enter "demo" for both user name and password then hit connect.
4. Connect your already turned off Omnia to your PC/Laptop. Zune shall start automatically.
5. Make sure that you are connect to either, the wifi or the data network. Navigate to phone settings under zune, and then keeping your watch by the side hit check for phone updates from zune.
6. Take the time reading when Zune displays that your phone is already upto date. Once again keep your time piece by your side check for phone updates again and just a few seconds before your previously noted time reading turn off the wifi or your data connection (which ever you are using during this process), and you would be prompted for the March 2011 update (Only in the cases where the phone has already been updated to 7008, otherwise you will get the update notification for February update 7008. However after repeating the while process you will also be able to update to NoDo).
7. Before you hit the update button kindly disconnect the pbk connection which you had downloaded, and to do that just repoen the pbk and click hang up.
8. Make sure that you have sufficient space (5 to 15 GB free space) on your hard drive.
9. Hit the update now button, and there you are!!!
10. (The boot loader version remains though so NoDo did not change that)
Let me know your thoughts and responses.
Nope didn't work for me Just kept getting software is up to date (7008) hurry the hell up mcrsft