OmniROM 4.4 for GT-I9300

d1rekt0r

Aug 14, 2012
Low signal : It's just a display issue
Very laggy UI : Uhm, video needed, because it's smooth as sweet here
Camera not usable is written in the Known issues section...
Video playback, same, written already
Low customization, we just started our alpha, just wait for a few builds
Graphics glitch: Video needed too. Default browser works like a charm here, zero glitch browsing AndroidPolice.com.
Laggy 3D games: Same as above. Video, or list an example game so I can test.

I'm running the same build as you (nightly), and have none of the bug you listed (that weren't known).
Idk , maybe some problems on my side then.

What do you think about the camera ? Can it be fixed , you have any plans for it ?
-Flash / Capture timings
-Wired visuals defects while rotating camera(For example if I point camera at the ball and then start rotating it / going into landscape mode ball does not look loke the ball anymore and now it has shape of an egg , I hope you understand what i am trying to say)
-When you open the camera you can notice that its always slightly zoomed especially in the recording mode

Tectas

Jul 26, 2011
Idk , maybe some problems on my side then.

What do you think about the camera ? Can it be fixed , you have any plans for it ?
-Flash / Capture timings
-Wired visuals defects while rotating camera(For example if I point camera at the ball and then start rotating it / going into landscape mode ball does not look loke the ball anymore and now it has shape of an egg , I hope you understand what i am trying to say)
-When you open the camera you can notice that its always slightly zoomed especially in the recording mode
Calm down a little, this is the first build, for sure it will improve with some time given.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

RohanAJoshi

Mar 17, 2011
Pune
@XpLoDWilD : @Entropy512 : @Rebellos :
: any plans for solving bug of after call battery drain ?
this bug is infected our device from 4.2 and still available in 4.4
i hope you take it seriously..
Without a call we get fair battery drain like 0.3%/h in sleep.
but if we made call, then this goes to 1%/h or high..
specially, bbs or any apps gives nothing about this drain, shows very good deep sleep, around 98% deep sleep..
hope you will solve this soon..

Last edited:

Tectas

Jul 26, 2011
Can I intall this as a second ROM with CM 10.2 nightly using Devil Kernel?
You can try, but devil has not updated his kernel yet, afaik, so pretty sure not, and i would recommend the stock kernel anyway for this phase of the Rom, with another kernel you could face and report bugs not present with the stock kernel.

I'm a bit slow, I looked on the first post of the thread, but cannot see the News Worthy button, can someone point it out for me? Cheers.
Top right corner, it's called tip us.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mostafa Wael

Recognized Contributor
Jan 11, 2013
Gotham
How about people using ART Runtime. Did you face any problems with ART like FCs and ''no root access'' ??
BTW, just to remember you. Xposed is NOT compatible yet with the android 4.4. the dev will have a nexus 5 in the 22 november and he will start working on the Xposed for android 4.4.
thnxx XplodWILD for such build quickly.. :)

Apr 29, 2006
Tallinn
Very nice for early build.

Interesting development: SIM Toolkit ALMOST works now. So far it has never been working on any AOSP based ROM with my SIM
Now it appears in app drawer and works partially (receives info from service providers just fine, but reply does not reach service providers).

Here's hoping that this will get better as development goes on and i can finally stop using horrible Samsung Stock ROM's just for this one feature :)