• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

OmniROM Android R (11) for Pi 4

Search This thread

amtriorix

Jun 24, 2021
I did try to flash the latest build of omnirom for pi4 (v20210605), both weekly and MicroG.

A few issues:

1) for some reason I do not have my NIC interface working, is there a way to provide in setup screens config sections for the internal nic on board

2) Wifi seems to detect WIFI networks, some android versions do use VirtWIFI (NIC interface), if 1 is not implemented, can this be done urgently?

3) Physical mouse does work however would it be possible to integrated in Omni settings a setting on/off to enforce Physical mouse to Touch device in all conditins aka like Tincore or Panda Mouse Pro 1.5.0 or in short terms like in Bluestacks or any other emulator where the physical mouse does work at all times with games or apps that did not integrate properly phys mouse but touch commands. To give one game that seems not to obey mouse clicks despite the GUI of OmniROM responds to phys mouse, check out: Westgame (Leyi)

4) Would it be possible to integrate SPICE on top of VNC or maybe better to integrate NX protocol?

5) Provide simple SMB/NFSv3 sharing of SDcard

6) Vulkan support?
ref: https://github.com/Yours3lf/rpi-vk-driver

7) crossed fingers we have soon video hardware accel in the mesa driver.

I am sure if those 7 points above can be solved soon, this flash is fully ready for gaming on raspberry and using a big HDMI screen ! That would be exciting...

No doubt OmniROM is a big step forward to have android on Raspberry Pi 4, a big congratulation for work done so far. It is impressive. First time from all projects so far I did try out to have such amazing, stable and fluent results to operate android on raspberry 4 !

Last edited:

Markstar

Mar 10, 2010
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro
Hi,
after having tried the official OS, DietPi and LineageOS18 on my Pi4 model B I am trying to get your ROM to work, but after flashing
latest omni-11-20210627-rpi4-MICROG.zip I only get a white screen. Is there anything I could try to get it to work?

Thanks in advance! I know developing ROMs for phones is hard, ROMs for something like the Pi must be a whole other level, so it is very much appreciated!

Last edited:

HanWappstars

Jul 12, 2021
Hi does anyone have a solution for using the Rasperry Pi 4 without a screen? As as soon as I unplug my HDMI the rasperry shuts down.

Using: Omni ROM android 11

amtriorix

Jun 24, 2021
Hi does anyone have a solution for using the Rasperry Pi 4 without a screen? As as soon as I unplug my HDMI the rasperry shuts down.

Using: Omni ROM android 11

A workaround can be a 4K HDMI Dummy Plug

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

s4goa

Nov 25, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S4
most rooting guide do not fully explain the process.

they stop short of actually telling how to launch , say, the "Material Files" app so that it can actually write all files under / as with root privilege.

just running sh as root does not get one very far.

s4goa

Nov 25, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S4
Hi,
after having tried the official OS, DietPi and LineageOS18 on my Pi4 model B I am trying to get your ROM to work, but after flashing
latest omni-11-20210627-rpi4-MICROG.zip I only get a white screen. Is there anything I could try to get it to work?

Thanks in advance! I know developing ROMs for phones is hard, ROMs for something like the Pi must be a whole other level, so it is very much appreciated!

neither Lineage nor Omni11 required any extra effort here, just use stock raspi-imager and it boots well.

just that the SD card filesystem gets corrupted, as with most if not all Pi OS'es. run the SDcard read-only to avoid corruption.

oo7arschloch

May 2, 2011
Why cant I load this image? I am trying it on my Pi4 8Gb, balena etcher the zip file and or the .img itself. On a sd-card 32Gb. None of it will work - I can see the rainbow screen boot for a second and then nothing.
Dont want to be rude here but the Lineageos 18.1 works fine, why doesnt this version works?
Any help would be appreciated

samchbe

May 16, 2021
Why cant I load this image? I am trying it on my Pi4 8Gb, balena etcher the zip file and or the .img itself. On a sd-card 32Gb. None of it will work - I can see the rainbow screen boot for a second and then nothing.
Dont want to be rude here but the Lineageos 18.1 works fine, why doesnt this version works?
Any help would be appreciated
I wasted so much time on omnirom, therfore would really sugest to simply stick with lineage. I don't see any point in using omnrom vs lineage..

Oct 17, 2010
I am having great success with the latest img install. I was able to install Magisk 23 with no problem. VNC server is great to have pre-installed. I will write a vnc/barrier bridge in Python and share it. This has been one of my most successful rpi4 android experiences. Thank You!!

The Retro Devils

Sep 21, 2021
Good day all.

So has anyone installed vulkan/mesa?
Thats really only thing we need to achieve what are goals with pi 4 android .
This build is really nice. The 64 bit, volume on on bar, no brightness , aurora store and other editions are real nice .
Thanks for your work .

VolksPC

Aug 20, 2014
I am having great success with the latest img install. I was able to install Magisk 23 with no problem. VNC server is great to have pre-installed. I will write a vnc/barrier bridge in Python and share it. This has been one of my most successful rpi4 android experiences. Thank You!!
How did you install Magisk ?. I tried to path the Image file but it failed.

mynameisnafe

Apr 6, 2012
Hi there,

I've installed omni-11-20210827-rpi4-WEEKLY.zip to a 32GB class 10 SDCard and booted the pi (the Pi is a 4GB rpi 4).
Lovely.

Went to advanced settings to enable boot to twrp so I can install GApps.
Reboot into TWRP, lovely.

When I boot into TWRP, I am asked to decrypt a drive with a password I don't have. 1 character is already in the password entry text box. Apparently this character is not the password.

When I tell TWRP to reboot the system, it reboots to TWRP. I am stuck in TWRP.

Any ideas anybody? I just wanna see if I can install spotify for the moment (through the play store), but TWRP seems to be broke, or it's breaking Omni and thus leaving me in a TWRP bootloop.

FWIW I've tried burning the image to the SD Card with both Etcher and Raspi Imager, though frankly one of those is probably a fork of the other, and I wouldn't expect them to do wildly different things.

VolksPC

Aug 20, 2014

Any ideas anybody? I just wanna see if I can install spotify for the moment (through the play store), but TWRP seems to be broke, or it's breaking Omni and thus leaving me in a TWRP bootloop.
While in TWRP you will have to install switch_boot_rom.zip and then reboot. This will get back to the main ROM.

Reactions: mynameisnafe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

While in TWRP you will have to install switch_boot_rom.zip and then reboot. This will get back to the main ROM.
    OmniROM

Download

Images taged with MICROG contain a pre-installed ready to use
    microG setup https://microg.org/

Images tagged with WEEKLY can be used to setup
    official Google gapps
    • 64bit build
    • Tablet mode configuration (not Android TV)
    • At least 4GB model recommened
    • No HW accelerated video playback
    • Mesa support for V3D is WIP so expect some graphic issues (especially on higher resolutions - HD 1920x1080 in general should be fine)
    • Support of booting from SD or USB by just changing config.txt (check README below)
    • GPIO support - monitor and set README.gpio
    • chrome (ium) is broken use alternative browser (firefox, edge)
    • for screen issues check https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/cmdline-txt.md
    • if you experience black bars connect to HDM1 or add disable_fw_kms_setup=1 to config.txt files
    • how to do updates? - check README.update
    Adjust screen resolution:
    To force a different screen resolution edit in /system/build.prop the line
    #debug.drm.mode.force=1280x800

Remove the leading # comment and adjust to the screen resolution you want e.g.
    debug.drm.mode.force=1280x720

Make sure to also check the README.txt in there
    For questions please also use our official Telegram channel
    https://t.me/OmniROM_Community

For current progress and how to build yourself check
    README.build

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM, ROM for the Raspberry Pi 4

Contributors
    maxwen, maxwen
    Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom/android_kernel_brcm_arpi/

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Firmware Required: 64bit
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-10-28
    Last Updated 2020-10-28
    Builds
    https://dl.omnirom.org/tmp/rpi4/
    The plan is to have about weekly builds - at some point it will be part of all the other OmniROM devices with regular weekly builds
    once the Android 11 cycle starts

• Just a snapshot of the current state
    • Non microG builds will come later

• WEEKLY and MICROG build

• TWRP included
      IMPORTANT
      Check new recovery section in README for all the details

EVEN MORE IMPORTANT as posted before to get a working TWRP I had to disable userdata encryption for the moment
      that means IF you try to boot this with your old userdata you will get an unpleasent surprise. You must start with
      a fresh userdata partition (mkfs + tune2fs). You CAN (if you know what you do) create an backup BEFORE
      updating by using adb shell and e.g. create a copy of userdata on an external USB device and copy that back afterwards.

But after all of that hassle from now on updating will be much easier since with TWRP you can create
      userdata backups on an external USB device very easy

So going from this release an update could work like this.
      1) boot your current install into TWRP
      2) create an userdata backup on an external USB device
      3) flash the new build - you dont need to care about userdata
      just do whatever you always do with it e.g. resize
      4) boot new build
      5) go into Advanced settings and switch boot mode to recovery and restart
      6) in TWRP restore the backup you created before from external USB device
      7) flash switch_boot_rom.zip and reboot system
      8) enjoy
    • add boot mode switch in Advanced settings
    • add audio output switch in Advanced settings
    • whatever has been done since the last build

• fixed 5GHz WiFi AP
    • fixed Fondar USB touch screen
    • actual development

• switch to new kernel base - big thanks to Konsta - with update to 5.4.77
    • update mesa to v20.2
    • initial work to support pi camera - not yet working but close
    • initial work to support gpio - IF you want to use gpio please contact me on tg cause I was too lazy to create a README for this yet
    • all core system updates and fixes

• performance tuning
    • November security update
    • gpio support update

• added gpioi-fan
    • cpufreq config in advancded settings

• property persist.debug.drm.mode.force to adjust screen resolution

• added disable_fw_kms_setup=1 to config.txt files. This should remove unneeded black bars for some screen when connected on HDM1. I did not see any problems on screens that have no issue with that anyway so I enabled by default. If you face issues remove line and report back please
    • enabled showing BT device battery level if applicable
    • Best Xmas wishes for those who care about it and looking forward to 2021

• add WiFi firmware for p400
    • kernel update 5.4.85
    • add userdata resize and project quota enable script in TWRP
    • reduce dB of max media volume
    Is it possible to add magisk support?
    Secondly, I have things working well for myself currently, but I do have issues using the built in system auto update not wanting to download newest versions. It can see them, but refuses to download them no matter what.

Just download manually - the internal app is kinda useless anyway except for notifying
    since OTA wont wont anyway. Its just kept in the build as a leftover and reminder for myself
    So you end up anyway transferring the image from the raspi back to your PC for preparation so you can download there right away to start with and save time