OmniROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scoosch

Nov 26, 2013
Minneapolis
5/25 nightly

Just came back to check on this ROM, the 5/25 nightly build seems to be pretty swell. No issues that I could detect from my basic use. GPS lock, wi-fi, text msg, calls, mic, hotword detect, OmniSwitch...

Nice work!
@Daevionne the nightly builds do not have multiwindow support, if multiwindow support comes to our device for this ROM it will be from a homeade build, and it looks like the link to homemade builds has been removed from the op

enormous

Feb 17, 2008
D.C. Area
I've been running this ROM for a couple of weeks now, loving it!

Today I updated to the 6/09 nightly, and afterwards noticed that my SuperSU app was missing. I still have root, and even get the dialog for root access, but I can't open the SuperSU app itself. It doesn't show up in my launcher, but if I go to the Play Store it says it is still installed.

I've flashed the SuperSU update from recovery, and also reflashed the delta package. Both to no avail. Any pointers are appreciated.

UtkarshGupta

Nov 17, 2012
New Delhi
I've been running this ROM for a couple of weeks now, loving it!

Today I updated to the 6/09 nightly, and afterwards noticed that my SuperSU app was missing. I still have root, and even get the dialog for root access, but I can't open the SuperSU app itself. It doesn't show up in my launcher, but if I go to the Play Store it says it is still installed.

I've flashed the SuperSU update from recovery, and also reflashed the delta package. Both to no avail. Any pointers are appreciated.

Its in settings app.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: enormous

Kul_dood

Feb 24, 2013
Hey Utkarsh, why did you take down the homemade builds? Did you decide to not make those anymore or is it possible the features from the homemade are going to get migrated to the nightlies?

Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

evolone

Mar 19, 2011
I'm having problems with the delta updates.

I installed the 6/12 nightly, devil kernel and pa gapps (and su/sensorfix). I'm using philz 6079 recovery. I tried the update through settings but it failed due to not having TWRP. I tried flashing the created zip in opendelta folder (also re-installed devil kernel and wiped cache/dalvik) but after, google play services crashes constantly and the play store is missing from app list.

Any idea what could have caused this and/or a solution?

Do I need to re-install gapps after update ...I thought this wasnt necessary on delta updates?

Last edited:
Reactions: andygu3

andygu3

Jun 18, 2010
Lewis Center, Ohio
I'm having problems with the delta updates.

I installed the 6/12 nightly, devil kernel and pa gapps (and su/sensorfix). I'm using philz 6079 recovery. I tried the update through settings but it failed due to not having TWRP. I tried flashing the created zip in opendelta folder (also re-installed devil kernel and wiped cache/dalvik) but after, google play services crashes constantly and the play store is missing from app list.

Any idea what could have caused this and/or a solution?

Do I need to re-install gapps after update ...I thought this wasnt necessary on delta updates?

With the 6/12 nightly being 4.4.3, try flashing delta rom update and then reboot. After you've rebooted, boot back into recovery and flash the kernel.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

evolone

Mar 19, 2011
With the 6/12 nightly being 4.4.3, try flashing delta rom update and then reboot. After you've rebooted, boot back into recovery and flash the kernel.

That actually is how I did it. Play services/store were broken after just delta update (plasma kernel was overwritten). Then reinstalled plasma but no change. **brain fart in original post, I meant plasma not devil.

I reinstalled gapps after delta update, settings reset but Rom seems stable.

Since I'm stable now, I'm more curious to see if this will repeat on future deltas and if other persistent updates get changed/reverted eg sensor fix.

I'm new to this rom, loving it btw, and very new to the deltas. Is it normal that the delta update zip is so large 280MB, which is larger than the standalone rom zip. I assume it would only create a zip with the changes/delta ...which looked minimal between 6/12 and 6/13 nightly (latest at time of delta update).

Last edited:

UtkarshGupta

Nov 17, 2012
New Delhi
That actually is how I did it. Play services/store were broken after just delta update (plasma kernel was overwritten). Then reinstalled plasma but no change. **brain fart in original post, I meant plasma not devil.

I reinstalled gapps after delta update, settings reset but Rom seems stable.

Since I'm stable now, I'm more curious to see if this will repeat on future deltas and if other persistent updates get changed/reverted eg sensor fix.

I'm new to this rom, loving it btw, and very new to the deltas. Is it normal that the delta update zip is so large 280MB, which is larger than the standalone rom zip. I assume it would only create a zip with the changes/delta ...which looked minimal between 6/12 and 6/13 nightly (latest at time of delta update).
Your data won't work if first boot isn't with stock kernel.
yep delta updated zips are bigger because they are uncompressed.d
If they are compressed, you'll have to download more.

Reactions: jocarog and evolone

evolone

Mar 19, 2011
Question about OpenDelta/OTA updates. Does it take into account previous update downloads that were not flashed manually?

For example. If I ... Check Now > OpenDelta creates update package. Then I delete or move that packaged zip without flashing it first.

Will future O.D. updates assume that previously download changes have been installed (cached changes) or does OpenDelta always diff currently installed vs latest available.

lss
Are there any negative side effects from not flashing (and not keeping the "update.zip") that OpenDelta creates for future OTA updates?

Newbie_from_NJ

Jun 22, 2010
Hi guys,

This ROM is working flawlessly! Thank you all for your excellent work!

I am interested on installing Xposed framework on this ROM, except I am afraid of flashing the wrong thing because Xposed is so huge its got sooo many different threads and sections, etc.

Can anyone please point me to the right location where I can install Xposed without breaking this ROM?

Kul_dood

Feb 24, 2013
Hi guys,

This ROM is working flawlessly! Thank you all for your excellent work!

I am interested on installing Xposed framework on this ROM, except I am afraid of flashing the wrong thing because Xposed is so huge its got sooo many different threads and sections, etc.

Can anyone please point me to the right location where I can install Xposed without breaking this ROM?

Xposed framework itself isn't going to mess up anything. It's the modules you have be careful with. Make sure any module you install is open source and commonly used and you should generally be fine.

I have xposed on my phone with this ROM. It's working fine. You can download it herehttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2714053

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

UtkarshGupta

Nov 17, 2012
New Delhi
Good news!
1)Closed source camera blob has been merged.
What does this mean ? This means a very stable camera + much faster.
2)Sensor fix has also been merged into builds. So you don't need to flash it.
Also, I highly recommend either formating /system (not data) & manually flashing next build when it comes out, or you may run into problems.
This will not effect any of your data. Just flash latest build, gapps, supersu.
Next build will reflect new changes :)

evolone

Mar 19, 2011
Good news!
Also, I highly recommend either formating /system (not data) & manually flashing next build when it comes out, or you may run into problems.

Thank you and the rest of the Omni team for the continued support of the l900.

This rom is incredible; both fast and stable. This is the first rom that can handle what I throw at it. Both CM and TW based roms I have tried (which is almost all of the ones available on xda) just implode after I touch them; I'm loving Omni.

...I can't comprehend why more l900 users aren't on this rom. (soley based on lack of banter around here)

egodriver07

May 10, 2011
West Virginia
Good news!

Thanks for this. So we're clear though, which build date will that be? The 7/7 build?

Reactions: enormous
Dec 14, 2011
Colorado
Flashed to a stock tw / philz touch with mobile odin (to fix the stupid baseband and other kernel related issues. then flashed 7/8 build and everything is smooth so far. I don't use 4g though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** If you are interested in taking over the project, pm me **

Offical Site
    XDA Forums
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook
    IRC(User)
    JIRA

Disclaimer
    Flash at your OWN Risk

How to Install
    Install TWRP
    Factory Reset
    Format System
    Install ROM
    Install Google Apps
    Install SuperSU

How to Update
    Goto SuperSU -> Settings -> Install SuperSU backup script
    Goto Settings -> About phone -> System Updates -> Check now
    This will download and install latest OTA

DOWNLOAD
    TWRP
    ROM
    Google Apps
    SuperSU

Known Issues

Developer Stuff
    COMPILE YOURSELF
    Github
    Gerrit
    IRC(Dev)
    Changelog

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM, ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    UtkarshGupta, XpLoDWilD, Entropy512, OmniROM Team
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: SPH-L900
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Nightlies

Created 2014-04-10
    Last Updated 2014-12-08
    Hello everybody.
    Since slick_rick has sold his note 2, I'll be taking over this thread soon.
    I am trying to consolidate all t0lte variants into one.
    Please test: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51583240
    Just test as much as you can, but only with stock kernel.
    It might make custom kernels incompatible, but I'll work it out.

Many yet to be merged awesome features like Multiwindow are included in this build. Multiwindow not exactly like samsung. Look for info in post I linked.

New build is uploaded. Data is working now without any issues or tweaks.
    Try it and give me a list of everything that is working and not working.

Good news!
    I noticed the last 2 nightlies and md5s don't have any size, as in 0 kb. Anybody know why and when it'll be fixed?
    Nightlies will continue starting tomorrow.