• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

On a CONVERTED T-Mobile OP7 and currently on Android 10 with Magisk but no TWRP

Search This thread

TimmyLe7

Jan 19, 2014
Was thinking about downgrading to 9.5.13 and re-flashing TWRP and upgrading through the common "flash to inactive slot" from magisk method. On the fence cause i figure TWRP for Android 10 will come out. To recap. I have a Converted Tmobile OP7 running android 10. I am rooted with magisk but stock recovery (No TWRP) just wanting to see what you guys think i should do. and if you comment for me to downgrade... would i just go through MSM tool and revert back to 9.5.13? and would it REVERT my OP7 back to TMOBILE? Thanks in advance

tech_head

Nov 22, 2007
California
OnePlus 9 Pro
Was thinking about downgrading to 9.5.13 and re-flashing TWRP and upgrading through the common "flash to inactive slot" from magisk method. On the fence cause i figure TWRP for Android 10 will come out. To recap. I have a Converted Tmobile OP7 running android 10. I am rooted with magisk but stock recovery (No TWRP) just wanting to see what you guys think i should do. and if you comment for me to downgrade... would i just go through MSM tool and revert back to 9.5.13? and would it REVERT my OP7 back to TMOBILE? Thanks in advance

There is TWRP for OxygenOS 10.
Check the thread. It's a -70 release.
If you already have root you can flash TWRP then do a direct flash of Magisk.

I keep both my slots at the same OS revision and rooted the same way, so if something gets messed up I can boot to thew other slot and not even notice.

TimmyLe7

Jan 19, 2014

I keep both my slots at the same OS revision and rooted the same way, so if something gets messed up I can boot to thew other slot and not even notice.

Oh I saw that and wasn't sure on it! Thanks man. And is there a tutorial to flash on both slots? And how do I check to know what firmware is on each slot?

tech_head

Nov 22, 2007
California
OnePlus 9 Pro
Oh I saw that and wasn't sure on it! Thanks man. And is there a tutorial to flash on both slots? And how do I check to know what firmware is on each slot?

I don't know of a tutorial.
The process I use is the following:
1. Download latest or firmware later than what you have installed. Youcannot use this method to roll back.
2. Local install. Don't reboot yet.
3. Install Magisk using the option to root after OTA upgrade in Magisk Manager.
4. Reboot.
5. You will now have the OS installed in the current booting slot.
6. Local install again. Yes, it fails. Local install again, it will work the second time. -> Don't reboot
7. Use Magisk Manager to flash TWRP. Do not reboot.
8. Using Magisk Manager, install Magisk into the current slot. When that is done, se the install after OTA option.
9. You can now reboot.

You can use TWP to switch slots if you like, but both slots now have same OS and are rooted.

TimmyLe7

Jan 19, 2014

I don't know of a tutorial.
The process I use is the following:
1. Download latest or firmware later than what you have installed. Youcannot use this method to roll back.
2. Local install. Don't reboot yet.
3. Install Magisk using the option to root after OTA upgrade in Magisk Manager.
4. Reboot.
5. You will now have the OS installed in the current booting slot.
6. Local install again. Yes, it fails. Local install again, it will work the second time. -> Don't reboot
7. Use Magisk Manager to flash TWRP. Do not reboot.
8. Using Magisk Manager, install Magisk into the current slot. When that is done, se the install after OTA option.
9. You can now reboot.

You can use TWP to switch slots if you like, but both slots now have same OS and are rooted.

Thanks for the help man! I just flashed TWRP -70 and I got everything up and running. Gonna do the second "boot" when I got some time. And to recap.. you just have two boots setup as a precaution right? I'm not doing too much with my rom except for viper and that's it!