• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

On Android 10, Gmail can be permanently whitelisted (from doze)

Search This thread

moneytoo

Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2007
brouken.com
I tried excluding Gmail (and Google Photos) from doze using adb and it stayed excluded even after device restart.

Code:
adb shell dumpsys deviceidle whitelist +com.google.android.gm
adb shell dumpsys deviceidle whitelist +com.google.android.apps.photos
(Use minus sign instead of plus to remove package from list)

Verify:

Code:
adb shell dumpsys deviceidle whitelist

I attempted the same on Android 9 before but it always got lost shortly after reboot. On Android 10, it seems like it sticks (and works - based on my first few tries).

I also noticed that com.android.settings.Settings$HighPowerApplicationsActivity no longer lists system apps. OnePlus also removed the more aggressive power saving option.

Reactions: The Great Dane

The Great Dane

Feb 11, 2010
Welcome to the darkside
OnePlus 9 Pro
I tried excluding Gmail (and Google Photos) from doze using adb and it stayed excluded even after device restart.

Verify:

I attempted the same on Android 9 before but it always got lost shortly after reboot. On Android 10, it seems like it sticks (and works - based on my first few tries).

I also noticed that com.android.settings.Settings$HighPowerApplicationsActivity no longer lists system apps. OnePlus also removed the more aggressive power saving option.
Nice findings and thx for sharing it with us :cowboy:

wgraz

Sep 22, 2012
New Jersey
Isn't it true that whitelisting only DISABLES Battery Optimization for a particular app, and you can do the same thing via the Android interface?
And we all know that turning Battery Optimization off doesn't do squat to get notifications sooner.

OR does whitelisting via ADB (supposed to) do something more powerful than disabling Battery Optimization? Thanks so much.
Looking forward to your reply

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    adb shell dumpsys deviceidle whitelist +com.google.android.gm
    adb shell dumpsys deviceidle whitelist +com.google.android.apps.photos

Verify:

Code:
    adb shell dumpsys deviceidle whitelist