• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

On demo mode - need stock TWRP backup

Search This thread

k1moe

Jun 19, 2014
hi together.
i got my m9 rooted and deleted all demo.apk but im unable to enter security settings or perform a factory reset from system.. and there are many demo contacts and entries in calendar :silly:

can anyone share his (rooted/non rooted) twrp backup with me? im on 1.32.401.6 CID HTC_002

thanx for helping..

Last edited:

LeeDroid

Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2007
Newton Aycliffe
www.leedroid.co.uk
Copy and paste job......

I get demo devices through my employer, every single HTC ROM out there inclues demoflow, the device it's self is essentialy a generic unit with an alternate CID, the demo installation and launch is triggered by CID HTC_002, the most effective way to get rid of demoflo and make the device 100% generic, is to S-Off and supercid! (11111111)

Once you are supercid you can flash any ruu and you will still have a 100% generic device, OTA updates and all... Demo won't even install.

The alternative method would be to simply remove /system/etc/.demoflo and /system/priv-app/DemoFlowInstaller

This will break ota and carrying the 002 cid will bring demoflo back when you flash any HTC ruu.

My M9 came as a demo unit, I modified the supersu installer to do the work for me as S-off isn't yet available... Htc dev unlock - twrp & flash the modified supersu zip.. once again breaking ota but I have an ruu on standby..

Feel free to shout if you need assistance.

Thanks

Lee

Reactions: DroidShift79

k1moe

Jun 19, 2014
if you have removed demo the locks will still be in place, you will need to full wipe from TWRP.

yeah, but i got no stock twrp backup without the demo contents.. but if you give me your modified supersu.zip and RUU..? ;):confused:

are you still working on HTC M8? i love your actual rom :good:

nylstb

Feb 9, 2016
Hello :)

What do i have to do if i can't set the developers options on?
The demo app locks it.
Now i can't do the OEM unlocking and USB debugging.

Gr, Niels

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Copy and paste job......

I get demo devices through my employer, every single HTC ROM out there inclues demoflow, the device it's self is essentialy a generic unit with an alternate CID, the demo installation and launch is triggered by CID HTC_002, the most effective way to get rid of demoflo and make the device 100% generic, is to S-Off and supercid! (11111111)

Once you are supercid you can flash any ruu and you will still have a 100% generic device, OTA updates and all... Demo won't even install.

The alternative method would be to simply remove /system/etc/.demoflo and /system/priv-app/DemoFlowInstaller

This will break ota and carrying the 002 cid will bring demoflo back when you flash any HTC ruu.

My M9 came as a demo unit, I modified the supersu installer to do the work for me as S-off isn't yet available... Htc dev unlock - twrp & flash the modified supersu zip.. once again breaking ota but I have an ruu on standby..

Feel free to shout if you need assistance.

Thanks

Lee