General On Google Apps - people don't seem to realize this phone is available in Taiwan

Search This thread

komali2

Mar 16, 2011
I've watched a couple reviews of this phone and people keep saying oh the YouTube app sucks because YouTube is banned in the PRC or whatever, but the phone is widely available here in Taiwan, and taiwanese people use Google apps extensively. So perhaps optimizations will come before oppo does a more international release (it's already internationally released since Taiwan isn't the PRC lol). I'm gonna go check out the phone today at an oppo shop so will get an idea then. Would he funny if I could somehow grab Samsung's version of some apps to throw on there.

elm0nch

Dec 6, 2020
I'm very tempted to buy this device, but I'm from Spain and warranty is something to worry about

varun.gid

Jun 18, 2008
Dubai
I've watched a couple reviews of this phone and people keep saying oh the YouTube app sucks because YouTube is banned in the PRC or whatever, but the phone is widely available here in Taiwan, and taiwanese people use Google apps extensively. So perhaps optimizations will come before oppo does a more international release (it's already internationally released since Taiwan isn't the PRC lol). I'm gonna go check out the phone today at an oppo shop so will get an idea then. Would he funny if I could somehow grab Samsung's version of some apps to throw on there.
hi any update?

komali2

Mar 16, 2011
Yeah I tried the version we have in Taiwan, no Google app support sadly

It feels incredible in hand though

[email protected]

Dec 23, 2010
Libramont
I've already buy with Giztop and now i wait the delivery to my country (Belgium).
I ask to Giztop that keep my box sealed and not open ... then i must instal myself Play Store.
I hope fast delivery and no duties tax because seller said to me no duties.

For the installlation of the apk of Play Store, there is a tuto ?
Easy ?
Where can i found official and last apk for Playstore ?

conceptgate

I installed Google Play from apkmirror (just search for goole play apk on google.co.uk - first hit). The latest right now is
Version: 28.8.17-21 [0] [PR] 420363821 (82881710) arm64-v8a. Google services are already installed on the Find N, so you just need to install the Goople Play APK, download your apps, set GBoard as the default keyboard, and then it acts mostly like a western ROM after that.

Note: apkmirror and and some of the other sites like apkpure, are fairly safe; *but* sideloading apk files is always at your own risk.

Reactions: [email protected]

[email protected]

Dec 23, 2010
Libramont
Hi, Find N in my hands and i love it VERY VERY VERY much !
For me, it's the perfect form factor and and build quality seem very good.

I've use the app for clonage from Oppo to clone my Note 9 to my Find N.
Then Playstore is transfered but not work.
Then i uninstal Playstore and download new apk from apk pure and apk mirror but nothing work for Playstore.
Could you help me ?

conceptgate

Hi, Find N in my hands and i love it VERY VERY VERY much !
For me, it's the perfect form factor and and build quality seem very good.

I've use the app for clonage from Oppo to clone my Note 9 to my Find N.
Then Playstore is transfered but not work.
Then i uninstal Playstore and download new apk from apk pure and apk mirror but nothing work for Playstore.
Could you help me ?
Odd; I setup the phone from scratch and then used the latest apk from apk mirror and it all worked fine. Only thing I can think of is that the google services have been overwritten by your Note 9 versions? Try reverting those?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't understand but now Play Store work ! It's strange but it's ok ...

- I wish replace default app messages by Signal but not work.
    - I make settings for some apps in full screen but i need make also settings for rotation ...
    - After that, i need with adb configure Nova Launcher Prime.

I progress slowly but this phone is Amazing !!!

Good to hear you got the Play store working; was it the fix I mentioned above that worked?

Regarding changing the default SMS app, apparently others are strugging with that (some want to change to Google messages for group messaging), and they can set it as the default, but the phone reverts or overrides this back to the original factory installed one. I'm not sure if there is a solution yet, but check one of the other threads. I tend to try not to fight the phone, and anyhow don't use SMS much so not an issue for me; and I have Whatsapp/Wechat/Telegram, etc. just as separate apps I use.

Regarding the settings for full screen for some apps being rotated to vertical when you open them; you can install Rotation apps from Google Play that force rotation (see this thread - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ps-and-force-rotation-to-landscape.4386573/); but I find that it is best to just set those apps to 4:3 aspect ration rather than full screen, as they generally don't need or use the extra full screen width anyway; and then they just work correctly when the phone is either folded or unfolded without the Rotation apps.

Again, look at the other threads for Nova and adb, but so far those who have installed it using adb find it has quirks (like if you swipe up on the home screen it keeps flipping between Nova and the original launcher, and the dock is on the right edge instead of bottom); but this is another one where I think is it better not to fight the phone, and the default launcher is quite good if you give it a chance.
    I have the white.
    I installed Google Play from apkmirror (just search for goole play apk on google.co.uk - first hit). The latest right now is
    Version: 28.8.17-21 [0] [PR] 420363821 (82881710) arm64-v8a. Google services are already installed on the Find N, so you just need to install the Goople Play APK, download your apps, set GBoard as the default keyboard, and then it acts mostly like a western ROM after that.

Note: apkmirror and and some of the other sites like apkpure, are fairly safe; *but* sideloading apk files is always at your own risk.
    Good to hear you got the Play store working; was it the fix I mentioned above that worked?

Regarding changing the default SMS app, apparently others are strugging with that (some want to change to Google messages for group messaging), and they can set it as the default, but the phone reverts or overrides this back to the original factory installed one. I'm not sure if there is a solution yet, but check one of the other threads. I tend to try not to fight the phone, and anyhow don't use SMS much so not an issue for me; and I have Whatsapp/Wechat/Telegram, etc. just as separate apps I use.

Regarding the settings for full screen for some apps being rotated to vertical when you open them; you can install Rotation apps from Google Play that force rotation (see this thread - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ps-and-force-rotation-to-landscape.4386573/); but I find that it is best to just set those apps to 4:3 aspect ration rather than full screen, as they generally don't need or use the extra full screen width anyway; and then they just work correctly when the phone is either folded or unfolded without the Rotation apps.

Again, look at the other threads for Nova and adb, but so far those who have installed it using adb find it has quirks (like if you swipe up on the home screen it keeps flipping between Nova and the original launcher, and the dock is on the right edge instead of bottom); but this is another one where I think is it better not to fight the phone, and the default launcher is quite good if you give it a chance.
    Good info