Onda V820W 8" Dual Boot (Win8/Android) 2/32GB Tablet

Search This thread

Nick.D

May 9, 2014
My Onda V820W will arrive next day. It's glad to share my experience if you guys have interest (forget my poor English).

*I will update this thread timely.

Main Features
Brand: Onda
Model: ONDA V820W Dual OS
Operating System: Windows8.1+Android4.4.4
Shell Material: Plastic
Resolution 1280*800
Display: 8" IPS capacitive touch screen
CPU&GPU
CPU: Intel Z3735F Quad Core 1.83Ghz

RAM: 2GB DDR3
ROM: 32GB
Extend Card T-FLASH(Support 128G MAX)
Other Functions
Camera 0.3MP+2.0MP
HDMI: 1080P
3G Supportinged
Bluetooth YES
GPS NO
G-Sensor Four way
Software Youtube/Facebook/Twitter/MSN/Android market/Skype/Calculator/Google Mail/Google maps/iReader/Quick Office
Media Formats
Battery: 4200mAh
Battery / Run Time(up to) Wifi on: 2 hours; Wifi Off: 5 hours
Power Device Type AC Adapter, AC 100-240V
Charging Voltage
DC 5V 2A

Communications
Wireless Connection WIFI
Wireless Protocol 802.11 b/g/n
Others
Net weight 331g
Dimensions 205x120x9mm
Connectors
Ports 1 x Micro USB Port
1 x Earphone jack
1 x HDMI jack
1 x Micro SD Card slot
JkvRK8x.jpg

fantoms

Sep 8, 2009
v820w

Hello,
I already have v820w but with 16GB and Win 8.1 only.
Is there any way to install both OS android windows by using external SD card?

slayer369

Dec 19, 2012
Singapore
Hi there, i also will like to know if the older version of v820w that is running windows 8.1 only can have dual boot or not.
Hope someone here can help with a simple flash tutorial.
It will be nice to have dual boot running on my v820w windows tablet 32gb.

dickerpatti

Feb 10, 2009
There is a new image for DualOS devices, I think you would have by this change only the Main.cmd to make the normal device DualOS device. Unfortunately I do not get it back. The installation always fails with error from

Es gibt ein neues Image für DualOS Geräte, ich denke das man von dieser nur die Main.cmd ändern müsste um aus dem normalen Gerät ein DualOS Gerät zu machen. Leider bekomme ich es nicht hin. Die Installation bricht immer mit Fehler ab

Reppu

Dec 5, 2011
Alcorcón
Hi all

I have this device since summer and i (almost) can only say good things about it. It's reasonably fast, screen is average but sufficiently bright, battery life is not a problem and dual boot is a crazy good feature. Plus, the construction is reasonably solid and it's clear this will not fall into pieces in short time, granted it is totally made in plastic. Android launcher from Onda is simple and lean, and in Windows 10 mode it's really fast. All in all, for the ~80€ that i had to pay for it i would definitey say it is a bargain.

I have only one complaint, however. It boots always on the last active OS. There is no boot menu. This means, if in your last session you were using Windows and on your next one you want to use Android, you have to login to Windows first and then from within the OS make the switch. This is rather annoying, best would be to choose OS on the boot. I wonder if there is an option or a boot protocol i am missing to get this feature? Any ideas?

1981sebas

Mar 12, 2015
Hi all

I have this device since summer and i (almost) can only say good things about it. It's reasonably fast, screen is average but sufficiently bright, battery life is not a problem and dual boot is a crazy good feature. Plus, the construction is reasonably solid and it's clear this will not fall into pieces in short time, granted it is totally made in plastic. Android launcher from Onda is simple and lean, and in Windows 10 mode it's really fast. All in all, for the ~80€ that i had to pay for it i would definitey say it is a bargain.

I have only one complaint, however. It boots always on the last active OS. There is no boot menu. This means, if in your last session you were using Windows and on your next one you want to use Android, you have to login to Windows first and then from within the OS make the switch. This is rather annoying, best would be to choose OS on the boot. I wonder if there is an option or a boot protocol i am missing to get this feature? Any ideas?

Press power plus volume up on oppening it will ask you windows or android

Reactions: Reppu

1981sebas

Mar 12, 2015
Nice! I didn't know it was there since i have only instructions in chinese. You've improved my experience with the device a lot mate. Many thanks!.

Your welcome and yesterday i rooted with kingo root . It's a one click root !

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Do you know Onda V820W tablet how to switching system?

Try on opening hold the power and volume up button.

gnewb

Nov 11, 2013
Updates? Upgrades?

My Onda V820W will arrive next day. I'm glad to share my experience if you guys have interest...

*I will update this thread timely.

So, have you received your tablet?
Impressions?

Have you got root on it? What about installing any other (than the stock) ROMs?

Jul 25, 2007
Does anybody have any experience with Onda tablets? This particular one worth Mod Edit by @Darth : Link to selling site removed. No more please.

I think your offer looks the same as mine (besides Android 5.x). I ordered mine yesterday for USD 76.54 Mod Edit by @Darth : Link to selling site removed. No more please.
Haven't arrived yet of course.

It's gonna be my first tablet. Let's hope it was a good choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

kickurd

Jul 18, 2011
Just a tip: leave your screenprotector on! I hate those things, but the screen is very scratch sensitive.

Anyone know how to remove windows on a dual boot btw? Lots of guides how to remove android, but windows + touchscreen is still a now go for me. Would love some extra space in android though. I'm not sure that if i remove the windows partition, the MBR might be deleted aswell.

1981sebas

Mar 12, 2015
Just a tip: leave your screenprotector on! I hate those things, but the screen is very scratch sensitive.

Anyone know how to remove windows on a dual boot btw? Lots of guides how to remove android, but windows + touchscreen is still a now go for me. Would love some extra space in android though. I'm not sure that if i remove the windows partition, the MBR might be deleted aswell.

Your running an x86 windows système with an Android partition .... You can delete Android but not windows.

josef2600

Jan 25, 2014
hi everyone,
1. i did root it with iRoot, free, no problem at all.
2.remember driver wont be work if you have win10. it is not signed driver. but i did it very hard in win10. get the newer version (IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.10.0) from intel. free. also(iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.0.4), if you don't have the latest versions , it wont be install in win10. DO NOT FORGET THE SETTINGS IN FLASH TOOLS. it is in the word file with pictures.
3.if you only want win10 or 8.1 on your tablet, you have 2 options:
A. format all the partitions in win setup. like a pc when you start setup win.
B. enable "secure erase" only one time in BIOS. save and reset in bios. after 2min everything will be erased in flash.
now you can install win from scratch or use onda image file. then upgrade win basic to pro and upgrade the version to what ever you want. using image did work best and hard and very long for me. but it is best for drivers.
how you change win basic to pro ? search google. how change the build ? install new build in your win. or search google.

v820w is nice, not problems in 4 tablet i buy so far. but i had lots of very bad problems with v919 and obook10 , hardware and software problem. don't do it!

best wishes ,
regards, Josef.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all

Press power plus volume up on oppening it will ask you windows or android