• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Onda v820w ch v3, dual boot, win 10 64 bit home + android 5.1 (files, instructions)

Search This thread

POWERSER

Sep 16, 2009
Hi guys,
I bought this tablet at the end of 2016. I played a lot with it, about 2 years. I sold it at the end of 2018.
These days i try to make some space in my hard drive, so i delete some files.
I have downloaded on 2016 many things about this tablet. Even now, Onda's official site is in Chinese and i saw that Onda Forum is down.
So i decided to upload here my experience, some instructions and service files about this tablet.
I will upload the files i have not at once, so before asking questions wait a little.

Enjoy

P.S : Sorry, now i saw that there is a limit on the size of files that a member can upload !! I wanted to upload the Original ROMS of this tablet (they are some GBs !!). :(

Last edited:

Olaruci

Apr 27, 2019
Please put the instructions

Hello,
I appreciate your good will gesture. I am interested in reinstalling the os on such a tablet ( I think mine is v5) and I can't find instructions and files for windows only the V820W_DUALOS_V5_32_1605279_20160602.zip(after windwos 10 reset I can't boot windows ,works only on Android). Hope you will continue, thanks.

Olaruci

Apr 27, 2019
Found solution to recover Windows 10 on tablet but lost Android :(

Hello , after some more search I found an interesting russian forum with many download links for this tablet. Here is a download link that contains many of the necessary files for Onda v820w from there:
For my case (tablet was reseted from windows options I presume, and was not able to boot anymore just some automatic repair started but did not work) , making a NTFS bootable disk with rufus and copied all the windows files from 10_V3.rar found in the download link provided and choosing ->"System image recovery"->then something about boot from EFI usb drive I remember. And it worked, it managed to reinstall windows and make it boot again by itself.

After succeeding this I became more confident and tried to update the Android form this tablet from 4.4 to 5 :D as I saw it has everything we need in the above link. After trying different versions of Manufacturing flash tool and Intel drivers for this tablet I managed to connect to it and make it take the provided image with Android 5 from fastboot menu when connected to laptop with the flash tool.
The only problem is it said it does not have enough space to flash system.img at around 84% on the Manufacturing flash tool loading bar. (strange as the tablet is empty,nothing on it, just default software).
Now Android does not boot anymore (haha, fixed something destroyed something).
The questions are:
-Can and how to use the other Android 5 images I found on the russian forum ? They are different type of backup files (with system.ext4.win type of files not .img files that the manufacturing flash tool expects).
From what I've read they are TWRP generated backups but my tablet has the default recovery.
-Can I convert the TWRP files to .img ?
-I found an TWRP recovery for this tablet (I hope) but I am not sure that if I flash the TWRP recovery it will not mess with the windows partitions already working on this tablet...

Here are the files I found and some english step by step tutorial for flashing the Android and a spanish tutorial for the Windows part of this tablet, on my google drive:

Edit: "To prevent spam on the XDA forums, ALL new users prevented from posting outside links in their messages. After approximately 10 posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thank you for understanding!"
So I cannot post yet the links to images and the files but if somebody is interested I will sent in private massage. (If I will remember about this post in a few months , pretty lame the anti-spam rule...) Now I understand why who initiated this thread abandoned it...

Grimm1

Nov 3, 2010
RE: Links to Onda v820w windows files

Hi Olaruci,

I seem to have a similar problem to the one you and POWERSER have had. Please can you assist with the download links for this tablet. I can't boot the tablet into Android or Windows, only the system recovery option is available to me and it doesn't work.

Hello , after some more search I found an interesting russian forum with many download links for this tablet. Here is a download link that contains many of the necessary files for Onda v820w from there:
For my case (tablet was reseted from windows options I presume, and was not able to boot anymore just some automatic repair started but did not work) , making a NTFS bootable disk with rufus and copied all the windows files from 10_V3.rar found in the download link provided and choosing ->"System image recovery"->then something about boot from EFI usb drive I remember. And it worked, it managed to reinstall windows and make it boot again by itself.

After succeeding this I became more confident and tried to update the Android form this tablet from 4.4 to 5 :D as I saw it has everything we need in the above link. After trying different versions of Manufacturing flash tool and Intel drivers for this tablet I managed to connect to it and make it take the provided image with Android 5 from fastboot menu when connected to laptop with the flash tool.
The only problem is it said it does not have enough space to flash system.img at around 84% on the Manufacturing flash tool loading bar. (strange as the tablet is empty,nothing on it, just default software).
Now Android does not boot anymore (haha, fixed something destroyed something).
The questions are:
-Can and how to use the other Android 5 images I found on the russian forum ? They are different type of backup files (with system.ext4.win type of files not .img files that the manufacturing flash tool expects).
From what I've read they are TWRP generated backups but my tablet has the default recovery.
-Can I convert the TWRP files to .img ?
-I found an TWRP recovery for this tablet (I hope) but I am not sure that if I flash the TWRP recovery it will not mess with the windows partitions already working on this tablet...

Here are the files I found and some english step by step tutorial for flashing the Android and a spanish tutorial for the Windows part of this tablet, on my google drive:

Edit: "To prevent spam on the XDA forums, ALL new users prevented from posting outside links in their messages. After approximately 10 posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thank you for understanding!"
So I cannot post yet the links to images and the files but if somebody is interested I will sent in private massage. (If I will remember about this post in a few months , pretty lame the anti-spam rule...) Now I understand why who initiated this thread abandoned it...

Olaruci

Apr 27, 2019
Download links Onda v820w

Hello Grimm1,
I've sent the download links in private message.
I still did not manage to flash any of the system.img files ( I tried to unzip system.ext4.win images and change extension to .img but it's not working, not valid).
So I've changed the original recovery.img with the TWRP recovery found in the download link, and it works.
Now I have TWRP but with a small problem, it's in russian... now I try to find a way to change language (it's the materialized theme of TWRP 2.8 , and it seems it does't have a change language option)

Also windows 10 on PC needs latest versions of:
- Manufacturing flash tool (6.051)
- IntelAndroidDrvSetup1.10.0
- iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.0.4 or 1.0.5 (I THINK THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT to have latest version FOR THE MANUFACTURING FLASH TOOL TO SEE THE TABLET)
Also only connect tablet to laptop usb(in fastboot mode) AFTER opening manufacturing flash tool and AFTER selecting xml file and message "ready to flash" appears.

Howell

Jul 19, 2004
Sony Xperia Z
Nexus 7 (2013)
Hi,
I'm using an Onda v820w dual OS. I like this tablet and its dual OS capability.

I'm trying for days to find a way to change a few things but ondaforum is down so it's not easy now.

Once I succede I will give links and steps.
A first link where there is a lot to download : http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.com/search?q=v820w&x=0&y=0
/!\ WARNING /!\ I did not test any of the software found on the link above so don't blame me if it screw your devices.

The first step was to install TWRP to be able to flash Android 5 instead of 4.4. The one I use is in russian for the moment so I use Google translate...

Anyway I just flashed Android 5.1 found on a russian forum a few minutes ago. For the moment the tablet is on the boot anim for at least 20mn...
I will tell you.

Last edited: