• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

Onda V972 Allwinner A31 Quad Core 9.7inch Retina IPS Screen Dual Camera Tablet PC

jyams

Sep 25, 2010
go in the build.prop and change the ro.product.model to a500 or other compatible device.
V972 has been working flawless. Then after not using it for 2 days, I hit the power button and all I get is the "Core 4 Quad" logo. I can reboot into CWM and do a backup, etc, but the system will not boot up. I'm on FW1.33 rooted. Was intending to prep to go to 1.35 and this is all I can do. Any ideas? Have already tried wiping Cache and Dalvik several times.

I'm sure I could go ahead and flash 1.35 using Phoenix but am really perplexed about why this thing won't boot up.

jyams

Sep 25, 2010
Possible a result of this corrupted partition? I haven't had that issue yet

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
Yes, I thought the same thing, so I tried something I had never done before in CWM. I did an "advanced restore" and restored only the boot. That fixed it!! Wow, was I surprised!

Reactions: Diomorgan

msav

Jan 14, 2011
Anyone else having issues with phantom touches on supernova 3.0

when scrolling through my apps in settings every once in a while I get a phantom touch that puts me in battery. I enabled show touches to see if it actually is detecting a touch and it shows a touch there right when if flips me to battery so there is some weirdness.

Anyway to reduce sensitivity of the touchscreen perhaps.

bdjh

Mar 8, 2013
Hi, could this also solve my problem (see #382) of not being able to install 1.21, 1.32 or 1.33 on top op my original 1.20 after rooting it and installing CWM recovery? I did not do a 'format system' in between the wipes.

EDIT: to answer it myself: no...

I also tried with sideload:

on pc:
abd sideload update.zip
then these messages on V972 screen:
Restarting adbd...
Finding update package...
Opening update...
Installing update...
Installation aborted.

But why oh why?
I have my solution!!! I read on a different website that the problem could be that the usb cable was too long and that a shorter usb cable was the solution. It was stated that it is important that the tablet gets sufficient juice from the pc while upgrading (don't know why, I thought only data was transmitted). A shorter usb did not help me, but then I assumed that the power coming from my pc was too low. I run Linux on all my devices and therefore I have this old pc from 1999 on which I run Windows 7 for occations like this where only Windows is supported. So then I borrowed a new laptop running Windows7. And that worked! I went from v1.20 directly to v1.35. Pffeewwww, after five nights of struggling, that's a relieve!

msav

Jan 14, 2011
Sorry I meant to say no problems here

Sent from my TF300 using Tapatalk 2

ok phantom touches gone. However, now i get some weird twitching issues when trying to move an app to the home screens. It does not seem to reliably detect my long press and instead twitches the screen back and forth from side to side.

other than that it seems to work great. For some reason I am unable to install the full version of Nova launcher even if I uninstall the lite version first. Wont even restore from Titanium backup, But Apex launcher works really well. I think I like it better than Nova

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
FINALLYYYYYYYY!!!!!

1. With Supernova 3.0 custom firmware
  2. I reinstalled http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip throught CWM recovery, then
  3. I sideloaded Market Helper http://codekiem.com/2013/02/13/market-helper/

now LESS apps appears in the google market BUT I finally can sideload every app I want from Aptoide / BlackMart and .apk files!
With Market Helper only I got "shared library missing" error!!!

Tested with PayPal, Fake GPS, Grindr, Bancoposta, Viddy and all the other I wasn't abble to install even listed in the market or sideload before.

Reactions: natkingcole

fiddlinghamster

Feb 24, 2013
So first of all I would just like to say a really huge "THANK YOU" to everyone who is posting on this thread, you have all been a tremendous help in getting my V972 somewhere close to being excellent. It is very much appreciated.

This is where I'm at....
Using Phoenix flashed to stock v1.35 (having previously used stock 1.32 & 1.33 as well as playing around successfully with CWM and Supernova 1.0 & 2.0, then unsuccessfully with supernova 3.0)

Installed Supersu & RomToolbox and removed all the annoying Chinese apps, installed apex launcher, disabled stock launcher and browser (using dolphin browser :) )

Have messed around with screen density (currently set @300) changed make to A500 In "ro.product.model" (mixed bag when it comes to play store compatibility, but have found all needed APKs online elsewhere, download to Internal storage of V972 installed fine)

Have edited platform.XML to allow apps to save to and access ext SD. Woohoo!!!

So now,,,a barrage of questions if you will permit me.

1, stock 1.35 running quite well no real lags to speak of after tweaks mentioned above, what benefits would I get from supernova 3.0?

2, any ideas why when I tried to install CWM on current stock 1.35 it installed but them would not load recovery, when finally booted into android all apps deleted, total lock up, needed to reflash with Phoenix.

3. Battery life seems a little worse in stock 1.35 (I guestimate around 3-4 hours max) any observations suggestions? What does supernova 3.0 get?

4, Silly game. Simpsons tapped out. installs fine, loads fine, updates fine, however in game only. Get black screen with game audio playing. No screen response. Just have to hit the home key. Any suggestions?

Thanks very much in advanced, your all brilliant.

Mike.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
1, stock 1.35 running quite well no real lags to speak of after tweaks mentioned above, what benefits would I get from supernova 3.0?

Actually I asked for Supernova 3 just because I wanted to flash from CWM and not to flash with my pc then reinstall CWM. :p

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone