So what does this 2.0 v1 ROM mean ? Is it a reall improvement on the V1.35.1 ?After a few hours of use of v1/v2.0 here are my impressions:
1. The phone signal meter triangle is gone from the notification bar!! Yea!!
2. Arctablet already has his rom, kasty-onda available, which is basically a modded stock with chinese apps removed, superuser, and a few build.prop tweaks and Arctools for installing CWM
3. This is subjective, but the OS feels more solid and less buggy. Although, there are already some who say it is full of bugs, I have yet to experience that.
4. Menus and screens do load faster and scroll better. Not 100% lag free, but almost
5. Stock launcher and browser much improved.
6. Boot time definitely faster.
7. Battery / power consumption seems to be better also
8. It definitely feels like the OS / graphics processor manage the retina screen more efficiently, which would account for a smoother, lag free feel
9. I've had no problems with the play store.
10. I did modify the build.prop and change the screen lcd to 264, and some other safe mods to my liking
11. When Steve Mars and others get this version incorporated into SuperNova, Lost World, Canary, etc, the custom roms should be ever better than they are now.
12. It's been a rough start with the A31, but this new SDK is a definite step in the right direction. This tablet (and other Chinese A31 Quad Cores) were introduced before the firmware was really ready. If the next version of an SDK makes the improvements and bug fixes that this 2.0 version has done, then this quad core / retina platform will be around awhile. At least now, I don't feel like selling this thing. It's definitely a keeper now. I've had it about 5 weeks, and there have been 3 firmware upgrades and a new SDK version. That's why my research showed I needed to purchase an Onda. I might be wrong, but I don't think any of the other chinese companies are quite as progressive in supporting their product. At least, when I tried to go find upgrade history for the other brands I was considering (Ainol, Chuwi, Pipo, etc), I could not find this level of support and the community to support our product. Thanks everyone at XDA, Slatedroid, and HTCMania for making this a great experience.
Sorry for asking but i just wanted to know .