Onda V972 Allwinner A31 Quad Core 9.7inch Retina IPS Screen Dual Camera Tablet PC

Search This thread

ravensiege

Mar 9, 2013
Spanish Fork
ravensiege.com
Onda v972 4.2.2 firmware upgrade

If you decide to upgrade to jelly bean 4.2.2 for the Onda v972 there are 2 firmware packages, use the one that has the title without test, the one with test in the title doesn’t install the correct camera drivers.
Other than that it is relative painless using the accompanied PhonexSuit.

aryanitinkumar

Nov 7, 2011
Kharkov
Lost WorldV2.1 ( May 05, updated)

Lost WorldV2.1 ( May 05, updated)

Last edited by V972-purple cold edit on 2013.5.5 12:34 ( Google Translation)

Tell me what you
Hello everyone, I am purple cold, before the release of the Lost Gardens 2.0 we also used to it, but there are feedback, for example, there is no WIFI quick switch, what other kind of thank you for your feedback.
Today I will launch the first time in life Onda line A31 update, not a one-time release, starting V972.
V971, V972, V812, etc. A31 series patch will be released gradually in the late.
Thank you for your support!

The ROM-based production Onda official 2.0.
Add the following functions:
Backup and restore directly into the Recovery at.
Add WIFI switches.
Replace the starter, Nova Launcher.
Fix black Standby can keep wifi connectivity.
Retained all the features of 2.0.
Add Drivers:
* Increased dm9601 usb card, usb handle support
* Increased XBOX360 usb handle support
* Increase CP210X pl2303 serial to USB device support

Note: the brush pack required in the 2.0 platform Brush 4.2.2 do not directly Brush!
Brush OTA directly or use the Recovery installation.
Note: Brush Script command:
format the system partition format ("ext4", "EMMC", "/ dev / block / nandd");
Formatting Data partition, format ("ext4", "EMMC", "/ dev / block / nande");
format cache format ("ext4", "EMMC", "/ dev / block / nandh");
mount ("ext4", "EMMC", "/ dev / block / nandd", "/ system");

All data before formatting. Here to remind!

Download:
V972V1: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=449259&uk=3657933718
V971V1: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=452728&uk=3657933718
V812V1: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=453199&uk=3657933718

May 5th update notice:
V972V2, V972V3, V971 Series V812 Series V813 Series will be updated.
Has been updated V971V1, V812V1.
Dynasty to the camera, so the 971 is the complete package.
812 is a complete package.
Tested patch package can be solved, but may be a little problem.
So direct a complete package!
I look at the rest.
Tiring ah!
Wow Kaka ~

Thank you!
By: purple cold

warlord007

Jan 10, 2011
Big Problems witn onda v972

Hi All

Need someone's help here please.....

I have the onda v972 for 4 days, and have a BIG problem.

I know how to use the PhoenixSuit to flash etc but i CANT.

The pad will NOT turn OFF, You hold the power button in for 10-20 secs and get the click as though the screen is off, but after a few seconds it turns back on again. This makes it impossible to reflash as you cant get it into flash mode. When booting it just sits on the white screen with the logos onscreen. (i have left it like this for 2 hrs and no rebuild etc)
i have opened the device to make sure there is nothing keeping the power switch closed but all that seems ok (cant return now as marks on the case)

It was working fine for a few days

The only thing i can think of is to let it completely drain and try to put it in flash mode then, but it would be flat and would probably brick it.

Anyone with any ideas please

War

Last edited:

ankar84

Jan 23, 2013
Novosibirsk
Hi All

The pad will NOT turn OFF, You hold the power button in for 10-20 secs and get the click as though the screen is off, but after a few seconds it turns back on again. This makes it impossible to reflash as you cant get it into flash mode. When booting it just sits on the white screen with the logos onscreen. (i have left it like this for 2 hrs and no rebuild etc)
i have opened the device to make sure there is nothing keeping the power switch closed but all that seems ok (cant return now as marks on the case)

The only thing i can think of is to let it completely drain and try to put it in flash mode then, but it would be flat and would probably brick it.

War

When you turn it off with long press to power button you need as quickly as you can need to press home button. Then plug usb cable and do a usual Phoenix Suite stuff with power button. It' should help.

warlord007

Jan 10, 2011
When you turn it off with long press to power button you need as quickly as you can need to press home button. Then plug usb cable and do a usual Phoenix Suite stuff with power button. It' should help.

Hi ankar

Been trying that all morning, managed to drain it fully and started charging without it starting up.

Going to try now that its been on charge for a while to see if i can phoenix to see it.

war

warlord007

Jan 10, 2011
Well managed finally to get an image onto it.

battery is low 18% and it booted, but now the touch screen dosen't work at all :(

yes the image was for the correct V1 model

Edit: turned off and back on, its gone back onto the white screen and icons.....

looks like this is going in the BIN

war

PassieWater

Sep 2, 2011
Kerkrade
Are there Dutch people who use the Ziggo app ? I ask because on my Note 2 the app won't run because there is a custom ROM on it.
Is this also on the Onda....if yes then I will not flash custom ROM because I can't watch tv on it.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

kleinyair

Apr 16, 2011
Rishon Lezion
Well managed finally to get an image onto it.

battery is low 18% and it booted, but now the touch screen dosen't work at all :(

yes the image was for the correct V1 model

Edit: turned off and back on, its gone back onto the white screen and icons.....

looks like this is going in the BIN

war

Which rom are you trying to flash ?
Did you choose to do wipe when you flashed it ?
Did you try to flash other rom ?

warlord007

Jan 10, 2011
Which rom are you trying to flash ?
Did you choose to do wipe when you flashed it ?
Did you try to flash other rom ?

I have been flashing V972Cor4-V1_v2.3 from arctablet forums
Yes using Phoenix I selected format
I have V972Core4_v1.35 to try (pre 4.2.2)

(i do have supernova roms now, but they are zip's and wont work with Phoenix)

But i cant get a thing out of it now, just black screen. No power charge when plugged into the wall, nothing happens when you press (hold) the power button at all.

Im going to leave it unplugged overnight, then try plugin it in and will see what happens from there.

war

hogor75

Apr 23, 2010
Beograd
Excellent job!!!

Hi guys,
I just want to express my gratitude for all the hard work you all have done.
At the moment I'm in China and as you all well know, in China lot of sites are restricted. I found one very usefull open source programm called Psiphon3, download link
h t t p s://s3.amazonaws.com/0ubz-2q11-gi9y/en.html,
with which you can pass this restrictions. On my pc, programm is working ok, but on my Onda v972 does not. It just cannot connect on any of the proxy servers. Help?
P.S I have kasty-onda_v972-41-v20-rooted3, everything works smoothly with some lag here and then, but overall impression is very good.For this price, this is a burgain. Also, for this model, and not only this, Onda have some nice gadgets, like Micro USB To LAN adapter (10/100), micro USB to USB (female)which is very conveniant for 3G modems....
Here are the links, so go for it :)
h t t p://w w w.ahappydeal.com/product-108439.html
h t t p://w w w.ahappydeal.com/product-76760.html[/URL]

ravensiege

Mar 9, 2013
Spanish Fork
ravensiege.com
Shutting Down

Hi All

War

Take a paperclip and push the rest button

curiou5

Jul 18, 2011
Hi All

Need someone's help here
please.....

War

Shouldn't the bootup screen be black with the "Core 4" logo
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2092329&page=83

Last edited:

warlord007

Jan 10, 2011
Shouldn't the bootup screen be black with the "Core 4" logo
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2092329&page=83

Yes thats right, then after the Core 4 logo it USED to go to a white screen with the cpu mem symbols on. Then just stay there. Or switch it off and it would turn back on and just loop onto the white screen.

Now it does nothing at all, was on wall charge for a few hours and didnt even get warm. Holding any combination of buttons gives nothing.

Its 5 days old and a fleabay jobby now LOL I would have returned it but the case has marks on it where i opened it to check the power switch :(

war

aryanitinkumar

Nov 7, 2011
Kharkov
V972 quad-core version - Onda player firmware team ( Updated May 5) firmware 2.02

V972 quad-core version - Onda player firmware team ( Updated May 5) 972 quad-core firmware 2.0.2 ( Google Translations)

May 6:
Update the 6th compiled kernel, and ViPER4Android audio driver patch, the coexistence of the FX and XHIFI version. Using the OTA upgrade. Proposed upgrade patch upgrade 20130505-OndaCore4-OPFT-2.0.2.zip .
Patch Download: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=405630&uk=923648228

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------
May 5:
April 24, I compiled the kernel, compiled the bootloader on May 4, in theory, can be directly directly from the other versions 1.35 or upgrade.
Add gesture applications, the repair of the WIFI off-screen off network sharing and mobile phone hot spots difficult problems connected. Using the OTA upgrade.

download link: V 2.0.2

http://qd.cache.baidupcs.com/file/a...e=a5ebadb906e04f17f0880ac1448e747d&redirect=2
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------------

Last edited:

u669983

Jan 25, 2012
It has a reset hole, but there is no reset button in there...

Still DEAD this morning, nothing at all on the screen, no charge cycle etc.

This thing is going on fleabay tonight as SPARES

war

Sorry to hear that. How much you looking for as spares? I have a friend who might be interested for screen replacement

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

V972 quad-core version - Onda player firmware team ( Updated May 5) 972 quad-core firmware 2.0.2 ( Google Translations)

May 6:
Update the 6th compiled kernel, and ViPER4Android audio driver patch, the coexistence of the FX and XHIFI version. Using the OTA upgrade. Proposed upgrade patch upgrade 20130505-OndaCore4-OPFT-2.0.2.zip .
Patch Download: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=405630&uk=923648228

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------
May 5:
April 24, I compiled the kernel, compiled the bootloader on May 4, in theory, can be directly directly from the other versions 1.35 or upgrade.
Add gesture applications, the repair of the WIFI off-screen off network sharing and mobile phone hot spots difficult problems connected. Using the OTA upgrade.

: 20,130,505 OndaCore4-OPFT-2.0.2.zip
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -------------
April 3:
Based on the official 2.0 modify the content with the 1.35 series (1.35.2 some, 2.0.1 has, in addition to the status bar transparent), in addition to the odex optimization, optimization of the kernel module. Not modify the status bar transparent, transparent status bar will cause abnormal 720p camera.
Known issues, this will soon be repaired, the shadow of some small boxes with black bars, temporarily in the settings 'to disable HW overlay' tick √ can be avoided. Another first boot to Settings> Security running 'rights management', in order to obtain ROOT privileges.
Brush: If you use the built-in OTA upgrade process to upgrade, guaranteed to be the official Recovery If you are using third-party Recovery, please enter the recovery upgrade, otherwise it will cause infinite loop in the boot animation. The upgrade will format the data partition, your own backup. In the built-in card, you can create a preinstall directory, you need to install the program on the inside, the first boot can be installed automatically.
Thank you for your support! The other problems are welcome to test feedback.
The download the address: ONDA972-OPFT-2.0.1.zip

Can you please give us some more details on theses patches. Are you running the 2.0 rom with these? Thanks for a user review if possible

aryanitinkumar

Nov 7, 2011
Kharkov
Sorry to hear that. How much you looking for as spares? I have a friend who might be interested for screen replacement

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Can you please give us some more details on theses patches. Are you running the 2.0 rom with these? Thanks for a user review if possible

Yeah I m on 2.0.1 version patched on Kasty V 2.0 ..........would try the V 2.0.2 patch later and revert!!

warlord007

Jan 10, 2011
I have finally got Phoenix to see the tab Sort of.

Selecting the format option it starts to install an image, but then almost instantly pops up with the following error (attached) in Chinese or whatever it is, looking something like EODE$U2

Has anyone any idea please ?

war

Attachments

• error.doc.zip
    15 KB · Views: 24

warlord007

Jan 10, 2011
Update

Must be some life in the onda

Trying with Phoenix and getting these errors now

Normally when holding the home button then inserting the usb Phoenix pops up with pnpfelln Error

If I manage to get past this stage and click the Force Format button then i get the following error Fel2Fes Error

google seems to suggest using a different usb cable or different usb port. I have tried both and a different pc as well :(

anyone with any ideas ?

war

warlord007

Jan 10, 2011
Update 2....

YEAH finally got it to take an image (but not been able to boot it yet, its 100% FLAT rofl )

It turns out that the USB plug is fecked. So the pad isnt getting a charge, (thats why nothing on the screen) and its totally dead.
I removed the back case again and noticed that the usb plug was kinda loose i pushed down on the plug with the case off and saw the charging icon :)
Managed to get an image flashed on it, and now hopefully i can get a bit of charge in it to see if it boots.

more to come, good news hopefully hehe

war

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated collection of Onda V972 ROMs

Official ROMs

Version 1.35
    Download: Official Site | Mega | Ya.Disk
    Release date: March 9, 2013
    Size: 298 MB
    Description:
    - Improved stability of the system
    - Improved file system mount options
    - Space for the application restored to 2 GB
    - Improvements in the function of OTA updates
    - Fixes an issue in which some device is not held firmware

Version 1.33
    Release date: February 28, 2013
    Size: 296 MB
    Description:
    - Comes with a Root-rights, set SuperSU. from Market
    - Improved system stability, bug fixes
    - Solved the problem in the application noise Wechat 4.5 Talking
    - Fixed a problem with the applications listed in section 2 GB?
    - Fixed update OTA
    - Fixed a problem installing the firmware on some Soup
    - Improved audio settings, equalizer settings - Bass Boost and 3D-effect

Version 1.32
    Release Date: 5 of February 2013
    Size: 293 MB
    Description:
    - No Root
    - Improved system stability, bug fixes
    - Updated the Camera application
    - The function of the burst in the Camera application with setting 10 \ s
    - Improved settings display \ color
    - Added intellectual illumination
    - Removed the ability to shoot 1080P video back camera
    - Removed the ability to charge via USB when connected to PC

Version 1.21
    Release Date: 4 of February 2013 (Now that ROM remowed from Official Site, but still on fileshare)
    Size: 342 MB
    Description:
    - No Root
    - Improved system stability, some bug fixes

Version 1.2
    Release Date: 16 of January 2013
    Size: 296 MB
    Description:
    - No Root
    - Fixed a problem with the front camera, when it was 0.3 megapixels instead of 2.0
    - Improvements in the interface and application icons
    - Improving the quality of photos
    - Added the ability to shoot back camera 1080P video
    - Improved system response
    - Increased stability of the system

Version 1.1 Beta
    Download: Mega | Ya.Disk
    Release Date: 12 of January 2013 (Now deleted from site and fileshare)
    Size: 301 MB
    Description:
    - Comes with a Root
    - Fixed a problem with the front camera, when it was 0.3 megapixels instead of 2.0
    - Improved quality of photos
    - Added the ability to shoot back camera 1080P video
    - Improved system response

Version 1.02
    Release Date: 31 of December 2012
    Size: 274 MB
    Description:
    - Comes with a Root-rights
    - At the moment is not relevant

Custom ROMs

Kasty Onda v972 41 v135 rooted
    This custom firmware is based on the official firmware version 1.35
    Release Date: March 9, 2013
    Size: 264 MB
    Key features:
    - Comes with a Root-rights, SuperSU 1.25 (free version)
    - The default language is English
    - Removed the majority of Chinese and unnecessary applications
    - Improved compatibility of applications in Google Play
    - Added ArcTools application for easy installation CWM recovery

Kasty Onda v972 41 v133 rooted
    This custom firmware is based on the official firmware version 1.33
    Release Date: March 1, 2013
    Size: 261 MB
    Key features:
    - Comes with a Root-rights, SuperSU 1.20 (free version)
    - The language of the default English
    - Removed the majority of Chinese and unnecessary applications
    - Improved compatibility of applications in Google Play
    This firmware is available for applications 2 GB (section / data)

Kasty Onda v972 41 v132 rooted
    Download: Arctablet Site | Mega
    Release Date: 7 of February 2013
    Size: 260 MB
    Description:
    - Root with latest SuperSU 1.04 (free version)
    - System default setup English
    - Removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
    - Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible

Lost World 1.2
    Download: Mega | Baidu
    Release Date: March 12, 2013
    Size: 239 MB
    Description:
    - Based on the official firmware version 1.35

Canary Rom v1.0 by Nuazet
    Download:Mega | Uploaded
    Release Date: March 17, 2013
    Size: 278 MB
    Description:
    - Deodexed
    - Zipaligned
    - The core is stock
    - Performance Improvements
    - Changes in the speed and stability
    - Changes in energy saving
    - Improved sound and Sony xLOUD CLEARBASS
    - Removed Chinese applications
    - The stock Launcher and Nova Launcher
    - Changed Butanimatsiya
    - Multiple skins

SuperNova 3.1
    Release Date: March 13, 2013
    Size: 280 MB
    Key Features:
    - Deodexed
    - Zipaligned
    - Installing apps from the folder data / app
    - Supports startup scripts
    - Tweaks build.prop:
    * Improved system for WiFi connection
    * Initial Configuration Menu
    * Improved memory management
    * Changes in the file Platform.xml, to allow the record to MicroSD
    * DPI to 264 for display
    * Change the permissions required for compatibility of some applications to Play Market
    * Improved video playback: continuous recording 1080p
    * Disable some acceleration features 3D GPU, for all applications that do not need to increase the autonomy
    Removed regular launcher because of its instability

SuperNova 3.0
    Release Date: March 9, 2013
    Size: 280 MB
    Key Features:
    - Deodexed
    - Zipaligned
    - Tweaks build.prop:
    * DPI to 264 for display
    * Change the permissions required for compatibility of some applications to Play Market
    * Disable some acceleration features 3D GPU, for all applications that do not need to increase the autonomy
    * Removed regular launcher because of its instability

SuperNova 2.0
    Release Date: March 2, 2013
    Size: 282 MB
    Key Features:
    - Based on the official firmware version 1.33
    - Deodeksirovana
    - Zip-optimized
    - Tweaks build.prop:
    * DPI to 264 for display

SuperNova 1.0
    Download: Mega | GDrive | Ya.Disk
    Release Date: 15 of February 2013
    Size: 343 MB
    - Based on the official firmware version 1.32
    - Deodex
    - Installed as a zip-archive
    - Changed Build.prop: The device is identified as a Nexus 7 in Google Play Market
    - Improved Wi-Fi subsystem
    - By default selected Spanish language
    - Improved memory management
    - Returned to the ability to record video in 1080p

ROOTs:

ROOT_Core4 - First Chinese ROOT for Device
    ROOT_Limpieza_Logo_V3 - This script, created by the Spanish user in the vast htcmania not only ROOT device, but also removes the (retaining a backup) Chinese application, and also sets the Nova Launcher. And also changes Boot Animation.
    ROOT_Limpieza_Logo_V3.1 - Like not replace standard launcher, only install Nova, also removes icons of Chinese applications from the desktop, as they start up with some errors.
    Onda_Allwinner_A31_root_v1_0 - Script from arctablet, alteration of the previous (not install Nova and do not change the boot animation).

Recovery:

CWM Recovery Onda v971 and V972 - The first version of the most famous modified porting recovery giving far more opportunities than with the stock. It has a problems with 32GB versions. How to install .
    ROM list updated!

Updated a ROMs list with new official and custom ROMS. Add a Mega and Ya.Disk mirrors for every ROM.
    imgRePacker

I added support for PhoenixSuite image forrmat into imgRePacker (2.03)
    Okay guys a quick update. Not sure, if I should be posting it here but I will still go ahead as we dont have a dedicated development thread yet.

So last night I studied the partitions, extracted the stock recovery img and tried to build cwm recovery from the cwm online builder. I pushed it on to the recovery partition, and rebooted into recovery. Finally I did manage to get the cwm recovery interface but too bad it did not recognize my partitions. Worse, I ended up bricking my device as it went in cwm loop and on every restart I just got cwm with no keys working. :crying:

Luckily I knew that Allwinner A31 is almost brick free because the Installation suite doesn't rely on recovery and use flash mode to install firmware. So I am up and running again. I just repartioned to be sure. :good::good:

I'll keep going. I realize now that the A10 also has similar paritions structure, maybe I could get help from there. For anyone interested I am attaching the recovery.fstab which u can refer to extarct images using dd command.

PM me or write here if anyone needs the recovery or boot images. I already have then extracted. Sorry for the long post.
    There is just one thing thats been bothering me. How we supposed to use CWM even if we get it working with just two keys on the tablet? Maybe I should directly try cwm touch.

Thanks. I'll keep you guys posted.
    onda has not enabled any power managment features of the tablet yet. There is a power managment chip, and the A31 has power managment as well not being used. The A31 is being ran at 1ghz even when idle. If you factor that in with battery life right now at 4-4.5 hours , just think what it should get once those features are enabled.

I have 2 of these and one of mine I was messing with for over 4 hours (installing apps rooting upgrading/downgrading firmware, ect) and it was at 69% I have not had any of the browser lag, however every so often when going into google play I get no connection retry. This has happened to me with all of my tablets so not sure if this is wifi power managment or not.

I have read about some quality control issues with some units, but both of mine seem to be working and looking great so far. I also did the firmware upgrade on a factory fresh device. I think this helps with stability.

PS, Every new battery operated device i have owned I have always let it charged for 24 hours before messing with it. Even if they state they are fully charged when they come out of the box. I have always had pretty consistent battery life trough the life of the device. Just my personal experience.

Note Take Battery MAH on Chinese batteries with a grain of salt. I have seen the same model make of battery advertised and many different MAH. They never are tested at what they say. I would not be surprised if ainol novo9 and onda v972 use the same exact battery. The thing about numbers anyone good in math can make numbers say anything you want. And guess who is really good with numbers. :)