One Battery saving tips

Search This thread

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011
This guide is for unrooted devices. If u are rooted with a custom recovery , hard reset procedures may or may not apply .

Here are some tips of mine which have seemd to work for me

Edit : if u have just updated to ota , this tweaks will work better with hard reset .
Calibration technique: ( does not involve full drain cycle)

1) do a hard reset at 100% ( green LED) ,
2) when phone restarts charge till (green LEd) again,
3) Do another hard reset
4) fully charge to 100% (green LED)

5) drain the phone to 2% remaining
6) fully charge to 100%

1) Go to settings > network and change to WCDMA (only ) seems to make the battery drain lesser . May not work for some if coverage in yr area is spotty as it will drain more battery . But generally if u are in a country where there is good coverage and 3G everywhere, use this setting to save battery life .

2) Install this app WiFi-matic . Set the options there to what works best for u

3) go to settings - wifi - "keep wifi always on" and disable the "best wifi performance" setting . The HTC one wifi is extremely power efficient and for some it may give battery life savings more than the 3G radio sleep

4) use the in built HTC email for all your emails and avoid using separate apps for gmail and hotmail .
The Htc email behaves more intelligently due to smart sync feature

5) Turn on the settings - deepsleep , power saver at all times and u can individually customize the power saver options to your liking . The power saver still runs 4 cores but at a lower speed but puts connections to sleep . The difference between the 2.
Power saver - reduces brightness, cpu , vibrations and puts connections to sleep after 15 mins when screen off
Deep sleep mode - turns them off entirely after prolonged inactivity

6) go to settings > apps and disable any apps u are not using eg. stock HTC apps or other stuff like google now.
[Update]: Disable maps , turn off location all instances of location featurs in maps and phone settings"

7) the usual other stuff that are recommended with all phones like turn off bluetooth, gps , if u are not using them.

8) Blinkfeed - Set to update over wifi only ( edit: In the facebook app , set auto refresh interval to never for massive battery savings)

9,) disable or enable GPU rendering in settings. Helps saves battery life on quad core devices by using less of the Cpu cores . However this setting may work differently for some depending on the configuration set up eg, if power saving on /off. recommended is testing to see what works best for u. Edit : depending on your soc and phone variants, firmware . This setting either helps or does not .

10) New : go to settings backup and restore use HTC account instead of Google . Turn off daily backup .

12) New go to settings - autosync - Google , turn off all settings under "maps and latitude" and turn off "let Google maps access your location " in location settings . this steps may possible help some by minimizing the havoc Google maps does to battery life.

13) New : disable auto brightness in display and install lux auto brightness app from playstore, put values from as shown in the screenshot link for massive battery savings
WxRFXjp.png

Last edited:

kxfrog

Oct 23, 2010
London
I always just turn off bluetooth and gps and tend to find my battery is pretty sweet

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011
How abouth the "Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru (Beta)" which was made for Phones with Snapdragon CPU.
I had some finde results with it on my One S.

the app has seen many complaints here in xda. no harm trying though

but it may interfere with the Sense 5 power saver

floodingaugust

Oct 19, 2012
I heard that using power saver could potentially use just as much battery if you have the cpu saver option checked because according to another battery thread here on xda (thread name "battery stats thread") someone said that the cpu power saver option only uses 2 of snapdragons 4 processors which causes the 2 to work over time switching on and off using just as much if not more battery than when power saver is off so if you're going to use power saver I'd try with cpu saver on and off to see the difference

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: droidoes

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011
I heard that using power saver could potentially use just as much battery if you have the cpu saver option checked because according to another battery thread here on xda (thread name "battery stats thread") someone said that the cpu power saver option only uses 2 of snapdragons 4 processors which causes the 2 to work over time switching on and off using just as much if not more battery than when power saver is off so if you're going to use power saver I'd try with cpu saver on and off to see the difference

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I don't think it limits the cores . It limits the speed of the cores . When u turn on cpu power saving it operates around 1.1 ghz but all 4 cores operating . I think u need root app like 2nd core ( for Samsung galaxy devices) to turn off cores . i dont think even samsung designed power saver this way. because if the power saving function limits the cores then performance will be affected like for example a graphics intensive game is loaded up , and the user many not know how to deal with it

Last edited:

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011
I tested with an app called cpu usage . As u can see from my attached that even with power saving on all 4 cores are running

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368703869613.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368703869613.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 5,528

neebi007

Apr 22, 2013
Rawalpindi
The best battery saving in any ROM is STweaks with Siyah Kernel. you can control all cores of your cpu individually. You can control voltages for different stages. Loads available.
But you need root. You can even have dual boot run stock and any other ROM same time.

Another good app for all system setting is android tuner.

:*: Neebi :*:

mettleh3d

Oct 16, 2011
I tested with an app called cpu usage . As u can see from my attached that even with power saving on all 4 cores are running

Yes. Ive an app called micro cpu monitor that displays each cpu activity on screen, and all 4 cores are pumping during power saver.

Sent from my SGH-M919

Magpir

Jul 4, 2011
Yes. Ive an app called micro cpu monitor that displays each cpu activity on screen, and all 4 cores are pumping during power saver.

Sent from my SGH-M919

to compeltely turn off cores thats the job of the developers in development forum.

i dont think we can turn off cores just by using the power saver and i dont think HTC or samsung design power management in this way.

because samsung galaxy users need a custom kernel , apps , roms and mods, tweaks like siyah ect to achieve that like a user mentioned earlier
unless i am wrong, someone can prove me wrong..

Evolancer13

Aug 28, 2008
NJ
Any other tips, such as how to get apps that run in the background to remain off, I seem to always find google maps and other google services in use, even when I may not use the actual app.

ECEXCURSION

Aug 20, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
www.lego.com
Any other tips, such as how to get apps that run in the background to remain off, I seem to always find google maps and other google services in use, even when I may not use the actual app.

Download an app called greenify. Add Google maps, google+ and what ever other apps you find to be eating the battery to the app. This will make the apps hibernate when not in use.

Sent from my HTC One

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide is for unrooted devices. If u are rooted with a custom recovery , hard reset procedures may or may not apply .

Here are some tips of mine which have seemd to work for me

Edit : if u have just updated to ota , this tweaks will work better with hard reset .
    Calibration technique: ( does not involve full drain cycle)

1) do a hard reset at 100% ( green LED) ,
    2) when phone restarts charge till (green LEd) again,
    3) Do another hard reset
    4) fully charge to 100% (green LED)

5) drain the phone to 2% remaining
    6) fully charge to 100%

1) Go to settings > network and change to WCDMA (only ) seems to make the battery drain lesser . May not work for some if coverage in yr area is spotty as it will drain more battery . But generally if u are in a country where there is good coverage and 3G everywhere, use this setting to save battery life .

2) Install this app WiFi-matic . Set the options there to what works best for u

3) go to settings - wifi - "keep wifi always on" and disable the "best wifi performance" setting . The HTC one wifi is extremely power efficient and for some it may give battery life savings more than the 3G radio sleep

4) use the in built HTC email for all your emails and avoid using separate apps for gmail and hotmail .
    The Htc email behaves more intelligently due to smart sync feature

5) Turn on the settings - deepsleep , power saver at all times and u can individually customize the power saver options to your liking . The power saver still runs 4 cores but at a lower speed but puts connections to sleep . The difference between the 2.
    Power saver - reduces brightness, cpu , vibrations and puts connections to sleep after 15 mins when screen off
    Deep sleep mode - turns them off entirely after prolonged inactivity

6) go to settings > apps and disable any apps u are not using eg. stock HTC apps or other stuff like google now.
    [Update]: Disable maps , turn off location all instances of location featurs in maps and phone settings"

7) the usual other stuff that are recommended with all phones like turn off bluetooth, gps , if u are not using them.

8) Blinkfeed - Set to update over wifi only ( edit: In the facebook app , set auto refresh interval to never for massive battery savings)

9,) disable or enable GPU rendering in settings. Helps saves battery life on quad core devices by using less of the Cpu cores . However this setting may work differently for some depending on the configuration set up eg, if power saving on /off. recommended is testing to see what works best for u. Edit : depending on your soc and phone variants, firmware . This setting either helps or does not .

10) New : go to settings backup and restore use HTC account instead of Google . Turn off daily backup .

12) New go to settings - autosync - Google , turn off all settings under "maps and latitude" and turn off "let Google maps access your location " in location settings . this steps may possible help some by minimizing the havoc Google maps does to battery life.

13) New : disable auto brightness in display and install lux auto brightness app from playstore, put values from as shown in the screenshot link for massive battery savings
    WxRFXjp.png

Why do you all want to use a SMARTPHONE as a PHONE ?
    Leave your phone at home. Just leave it.

Ridiculous battery endurance rundown apps just burn through the limited charge cycles of a sealed battery anyway ffs.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

just disable google maps in settings apps manage

You can also manually disable the screen brightness with an 8lb brick. Drop from a height of 8" or more for best results. Report back please!
    But what is it that it does? Is it better for the battery? Does it charge fuller? Extend battery life?

And you say charge from 40% with the phone off, but turn the phone on before it reaches 100%... is it better to get closer to 100 rather than further away? how do you know when it is close to being 100%? do you time your charge cycles?

See what I mean? Asking for the explanation behind this, because I haven't read about this before.

In all honesty there are probably only 2 or 3 members of this forum who know how the specific batteries in the One function. Everything else you read is hear-say and repeated garbage learned about other battery technologies. Charge the phone however you want; HTC doesn't let you fast charge to save the lifespan of the non-replaceable battery anyway. You're fine, don't worry about it.

Sent from my HTC One
    How abouth the "Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru (Beta)" which was made for Phones with Snapdragon CPU.
    I had some finde results with it on my One S.