One Dead Pixel...

Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
OK, I have a dead pixel, or stuck not sure what the correct terminology is. Anyway, it is only noticeable when the screen is black or a dark blue. I have run jscreenfix, a free pixel massager found in the market with no luck. I AM within my 30 days BUT is it worth the risk of getting a hardware 0004, I currently have a Hardware 0003 with the new partitions :( I am happy with my phone besides the dead pixel, will more start popping up? My guess is this came with the phone, it just took me a few to notice it. Am I whining over nothing, or should I reoplace and risk more dead pixels, and Hardware 0004 (heard 0003 is better than 0004, could be wrong about that?)

Thanks

dills2214

Jun 29, 2010
Personally, I would take a 004 over a 003 with a dead pixel any day. You will just have to figure out for yourself if it bothers you enough. Based on your post, it looks like it will bother you, so just go get it replaced. Just because there is one dead pixel, doesn't mean more will start dying though.

I am pretty sure the 004 hardware issues have been all figured out for the most part.

sitlet

Mar 30, 2008
Get it fixed now while you are in your 30 days, before the problem gets worse or more annoying. If you wait even 1 day after that 30 days, you will get a refurb that's probably in much worse shape then your current phone. You paid a lot of money for the best phone sprint offers, dont settle for a bad screen.

And dont worry about the hardware versions. They are exactly the same.

DooneyInThaA

Oct 11, 2009
Buford, GA
OK, I have a dead pixel, or stuck not sure what the correct terminology is. Anyway, it is only noticeable when the screen is black or a dark blue. I have run jscreenfix, a free pixel massager found in the market with no luck. I AM within my 30 days BUT is it worth the risk of getting a hardware 0004, I currently have a Hardware 0003 with the new partitions :( I am happy with my phone besides the dead pixel, will more start popping up? My guess is this came with the phone, it just took me a few to notice it. Am I whining over nothing, or should I reoplace and risk more dead pixels, and Hardware 0004 (heard 0003 is better than 0004, could be wrong about that?)

Thanks

My girlfriend's EVO has a dead pixel too. It bugs the hell out of me. Lol. She doesn't mind it though. I would replace it...

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
DANG!

I was just logging back in to post that I will deal with it. But call and let sprint know about the dead pixel in-case something happens in near future. I have the white back Evo, I turned it into a black one with OME from e-bay. I wonder if they will give me crap about that one screw having the sticker off it. probably not as long as I bring it in black and let them take the parts off and put the white back on it. Yeah I bought it Feb. 27th for $355 by the time I got a rubber case and screen protectors, minus $100 in a few months, frickin rebates! Looks easy enough to un-root, gonna call and make sure they even have a new one in stock :)

Wait, first I better flash to stock and make sure that pixel is still dead with stock rom :eek:

Yes, dead pixel is there in recovery, so its definitely not rom related, I guess the worst part is the location. it is in my clock and I use a dark clock via Beautiful widgets...

OK after reading I have jumped the gun. I do not have a "dead" pixel, I have a "stuck" pixel. Is everyones thought still the same, return it? I will run that massager again to see if it help un-stick it, but I dont think it will :(

Last edited: