• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

One Month With Ogury

Search This thread

paulasiimwe

Sep 20, 2014
Hi Am Paul, an indie android developer in Uganda,

Last month I received an email from a one, Adrian Williams, VP of publishing with Ogury Ltd. (ogury.co)

It's not your conventional Ad network, it shows an impression called a "recommendation". These are interstitials that are shown at the start of the app life cycle.

Since their implementation wasn't going to interfere with my already existing monetization schemes such as admob, i took the plunge. This was mid August, most of my traffic is from the US, India, Korea, Indonesia, combined EU in that order. I average 20,000 impressions on Admob daily. And have 40,000 people currently with one of my apps on their devices.

Their dashboard isn't the best and takes time to update itself.
So far they don't have a section where you can feed in your payment details. However within the first week of the next month, you're sent an email with a verified amount and you're asked to send them am invoice asking for the money and include your payment details.

And today (19th Sept) I received the August Earnings.
They have a minimum payment threshold of $50 and can pay via PayPal as well as bank transfer.

Capture2.jpg

I frankly didnt believe it all and didnt want to share anything here until i had actually received the Money.

So if you want to add a monetization avenue that wont affect your existing banners and interstitials, I believe this is worth a plunge.

Goodluck bros (and sisters, all 3 of you)

Last edited:

paulasiimwe

Sep 20, 2014
I Know it looks bad but im a legit developer with apps on play store,
email me or go on hangouts for more info : [email protected]
Search for an app on Google Play called Image Converter made by dev called "Paul Asiimwe", check the info and you'll see that same email.
You can ask me all you want there.

Rocca23

Nov 13, 2014
After plenty of time, I can settle with my final opinion about Ogury, based on my personal experience.
Pros:
  • High CPM.
  • Easy to implement.
  • Nice staff.
  • Clean dashboard.
  • Low payment threshold.
  • Ads can be disabled by the user. A pro for user compliance (although the button to do so is quite hidden).

Cons:
  • Usually low fill rate, although there has been a short period with 100% fill rate.
  • Poor SDK. There's no pre-load. It may be updated in future though, I guess.
  • Requires heavy authorizations. Personally, about 20-25% of my users never accepted those new permissions and never updated.
  • Requires a background service. I wasn't running any service before and received some complaints by users who noticed the change.
  • Ads can be disabled by the user. Also a con, because fill rate is 0% now. Luckily, they can't do it easily - LoL.
  • Intricate procedure to ask for a payment (it's not automatic).
  • Hefty fee (14€ for me) on the bank transfer (you probably want to be paid via Paypal).
  • No one told me about the above mentioned things related to payments.
  • Payment was late and was received after a solicitation.

Based on this, if you chose Ogury I suggest to implement it before the launch, because doing it on the way may upset the user base.
After all, the revenue was very good and it's worth as long as you can find a way to keep users happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: TramPham

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After plenty of time, I can settle with my final opinion about Ogury, based on my personal experience.
    Pros:
    • High CPM.
    • Easy to implement.
    • Nice staff.
    • Clean dashboard.
    • Low payment threshold.
    • Ads can be disabled by the user. A pro for user compliance (although the button to do so is quite hidden).

Cons:
    • Usually low fill rate, although there has been a short period with 100% fill rate.
    • Poor SDK. There's no pre-load. It may be updated in future though, I guess.
    • Requires heavy authorizations. Personally, about 20-25% of my users never accepted those new permissions and never updated.
    • Requires a background service. I wasn't running any service before and received some complaints by users who noticed the change.
    • Ads can be disabled by the user. Also a con, because fill rate is 0% now. Luckily, they can't do it easily - LoL.
    • Intricate procedure to ask for a payment (it's not automatic).
    • Hefty fee (14€ for me) on the bank transfer (you probably want to be paid via Paypal).
    • No one told me about the above mentioned things related to payments.
    • Payment was late and was received after a solicitation.

Based on this, if you chose Ogury I suggest to implement it before the launch, because doing it on the way may upset the user base.
    After all, the revenue was very good and it's worth as long as you can find a way to keep users happy.