One Plus Five LOS 19.1 LTE Stopped working

Search This thread

MidnightJava

Sep 4, 2012
Reston, VA
I'm running the latest nightly build of LOS 19.1 on my One Plus Five. Suddenly, after years using LTE with no problems, today, I can no longer make LTE connections. This happens when out and about and also at home, where I have solid LTE coverage. Also, my wife's iPhone using the same T-Mobile account makes LTE connections when next to mine. The One Plus 5 reports an Edge connection, but now and then it reports LTE just briefly. I verified my cell carrier account has no issues.

I downloaded the stock OOS 10.0.1 firmware+radio zip package and flashed it via adb sideload. That succeeded, but it didn't help. APN and preferred Network settings are correct, I think (same was what always worked), so I'm wondering if I have a hardware problem.

Is there a way I can verify that the radio hardware is causing the problem? I have the LTE Discovery App, but I'm not informed sufficiently to know how to make sense of all the advanced data. Are there other modems I can try flashing?

MidnightJava

Sep 4, 2012
Reston, VA
I discovered the source of the problem. I had set Private VPMn from Automatic to Off when dealing with a problem connecting to hotel wifi. I didn't realize that would make the phone unable to connect to LTE, but apparently, it did.