• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

One UI 2.1 gesture problem

Search This thread

tolo.tk

Aug 19, 2012
Did anyone notice that after updating note 10+ (in my case) to one ui 2.1 , The “back” gesture from the sides of the screen is not working while the keyboard is opened and shown on the screen.
for example when you texting on the screen (and the keyboard is on) you can do back gesture just in case you collapse the keyboard down or if you do the gesture above the keyboard (the upper half of the screen).

Stevieboy02008

Dec 2, 2011
Cincinnati
Did anyone notice that after updating note 10+ (in my case) to one ui 2.1 , The “back” gesture from the sides of the screen is not working while the keyboard is opened and shown on the screen.
for example when you texting on the screen (and the keyboard is on) you can do back gesture just in case you collapse the keyboard down or if you do the gesture above the keyboard (the upper half of the screen).
Did you get the update in the US?

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010
Not sure what Note 10 you guys got ? i just got ONE UI 2.1 half hour ago update, i do have the side gestures ? Note 10 + 5g SM-N976B BTU region i own!

wikiya

Mar 6, 2011
Colombo
One up 2.1 gesture poblem

same...Sri Lanka... very disappoint... how to fix this

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Not sure what Note 10 you guys got ? i just got ONE UI 2.1 half hour ago update, i do have the side gestures ? Note 10 + 5g SM-N976B BTU region i own!

Side gesture working other area... not working keyboard area..can't work back side gestures using keyboard

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Side gesture working other area... not working keyboard area..can't work back side gestures using keyboard

Oh i see, they moved it, you have to swype above the keyboard, to get it to go back.. Not on the keyboard!

Reactions: winol

I got update in Sweden to One UI 2.1 and it works in the same way like before...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200408-033437_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20200408-033437_Settings.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 482

Stoufferb

Apr 15, 2020
Post one Ui 2.1 update

Not glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing issues, but glad I'm not alone in thinking I am.
I did notice the option to change or remove the gesture features to hide the keyboard.
I want to know why my keyboard is totally different. The keys, predictive text words that have been learned are gone or replaced with something different. Its uncomfortable. My biggest gripe is that a game that I play, pubg mobile is running terribly laggy now. I've tried all the obvious fixes too. Nothing makes it better.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think that change makes sense, prevents accidental go back when you swipe to type...
    BUT, you can fix it easily. Download One Hand Operation Plus from Good Lock, there's a setting called "Fit to keyboard" that does exactly what you want :)

Oh i see, they moved it, you have to swype above the keyboard, to get it to go back.. Not on the keyboard!