One UI 2 Beta Animation Stutter

Search This thread

mike2518

Sep 13, 2007
Houston, TX
Have others noticed random Animation jankiness (stutter) through the interface?? Such as going back to the home screen, opening up the recent apps, launching an app from the home screen, etc... . US note 10+ unlocked running the latest beta 3.

At some points it's as fluid as an iPhone but then randomly I will see frame drops when doing the same thing. Could be any app. If this is just a beta issue then I'm fine, but if it behaves the same way when the final comes out, I might just get another phone.

Last edited:

dhorgas

Oct 15, 2012
Isn't this a common thing with Samsung phones? I have this issue randomly on my Note 10+ as well, running Android Pie. Same on my S10+. I'm very sensitive to this type of stuff so I definitely notice it.

winol

Jan 18, 2010
COATZACOALCOS
No, it is not common, I understand your concern, I see these stutters in some other devices, (old ones
that I keep as secondary o emergency ) but this typically happens due to low ram

cdig

Aug 11, 2016
yeah i still get some stutters, but its gotten better each beta release. oneui 2 is still leagues better than every other samsung phone in terms of animation smoothness though. Samsung lag is pretty much gone, but there has always been some stutter when going to recent apps or going home... but i think samsung is working hard on this, just so that the s11's 120hz screen won't have this issue.

I'm surprised you didn't get a new phone to begin with. samsung phones are known for the features/bloat. if you want smooth, get a pixel or oneplus or iphone.

dhorgas

Oct 15, 2012
I have the official Android 10 (One UI 2.0) on my S10+ and it is definitely not smooth as one would expect. Many instances of choppy animations, dropped frames, microstutter, and lag. I factory reset the phone as well to remove any variables and the same issues persist. My Note 10+ running Android Pie is noticeably more smooth than the S10+ on the newest firmware. Here is hoping the official release for the Note 10+ will be a bit better.

lorenzo.themax92

Nov 20, 2008
Yes that's the same for me,
Also, between LockScreen and Always On display, the animation it's just terrible, it lags very very often.
I've tried to install other launchers, and the opening and closing animation is MUCH more fluid instead of the default one.
I've tried with my Note10+, and the stable version of Android 10 for Note

mike2518

Sep 13, 2007
Houston, TX
This is a shame indeed, I was really hoping that Samsung would work hard to fix this issue ugh. Let's hope the final one UI 2 release fixes this issue. One ui , 1 or 2, was supposed to address the old touchwiz lag issues but apparently not. I did hey a chance to play with the new pixel devices and they were smooth as butter. I was so tempted to get them but the battery issues reported stopped me from doing that. I'm definitely getting the s11 plus so hopefully that will be a better device but we will see I guess.

cdig

Aug 11, 2016
This is a shame indeed, I was really hoping that Samsung would work hard to fix this issue ugh. Let's hope the final one UI 2 release fixes this issue. One ui , 1 or 2, was supposed to address the old touchwiz lag issues but apparently not. I did hey a chance to play with the new pixel devices and they were smooth as butter. I was so tempted to get them but the battery issues reported stopped me from doing that. I'm definitely getting the s11 plus so hopefully that will be a better device but we will see I guess.

lag hasn't really existed for years. animation stutter is a separate thing imo. But yeah if you want the smoothest of animations, get a pixel/oneplus or iphone. I can't imagine s11 being perfect even with 120hz screen... but maybe oneui 2.1 solves all the problems.

yugoport

Jul 3, 2009
I had my Galaxy note 10+ updated to Android 10 with one ui 2.0 and the recent apps animation is really bad, has anyone found a solution, it's almost unbearable switching apps.

Thanks in advance,

Terole

Aug 4, 2012
ATHENS
try enabling performance mode. it sure helps a lot. by default the "optimised" option is on and it only runs with 70% of the cpu power. Also dark mode "hides the stutter" much better. . dark apps open and close with better transitions. Its not the best but it helps a lot in my opinion

lorenzo.themax92

Nov 20, 2008
People tends to say the same thing every year, every update.
“Disable this, disable and solve the situations”.
I have a OnePlus 7 pro, no lag even with all enabled. Same for iPhone 11.
Disabling things won’t make animation or lags less frequent, will only improve ram and cpu usage a little.

WisdomWolf

Sep 6, 2006
www.developingwisdom.org
I definitely see issues with the animation when returning to home screen, but it's not a performance issue per se. It's almost like there is a double animation, first the normal one, but then it snaps back to showing the current app before showing the home screen. It looks super fugly.

I made a quick video to demonstrate what I'm talking about: https://youtu.be/UQ37LMqo7jM

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

ram4ufriends

Aug 12, 2014
San Antonio
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I definitely see issues with the animation when returning to home screen, but it's not a performance issue per se. It's almost like there is a double animation, first the normal one, but then it snaps back to showing the current app before showing the home screen. It looks super fugly.

I made a quick video to demonstrate what I'm talking about:
Looks like you are using custom launcher and your animation is known issue on Android 10 with custom launchers.

Andalus furniture

Oct 22, 2017
I have resolved this problem

I enable developer mode then I turned off all animations for the transactions and all these stuff and it works with me very fine

imucarmen

May 28, 2012
I got the official Android 10 update for my Note 10+ on Verizon a couple days ago and it's quite laggy. My OnePlus6T runs way smoother. This phone has been pretty laggy since I bought it last September. I hadn't tried a Samsung in 3 years until the Note 10+ but I guess they still haven't learned how to make a phone run smoothly (I should have known better than to believe flossy carter). I'm quite disappointed in this phone tbh. I had high hopes and talked myself into keeping it, but in hindsight, I should have returned it.

I might do a factory reset soon to see if that helps. Pretty sad a device that cost $1100 doesn't run any better than a midrange device. I've also noticed more battery drain. The battery was epic on Android 9, and though it's still ok on 10, it has noticeably got worse.

Reactions: mike2518

rmn.br

Apr 16, 2019
Prague
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I got the official Android 10 update for my Note 10+ on Verizon a couple days ago and it's quite laggy. My OnePlus6T runs way smoother. This phone has been pretty laggy since I bought it last September. I hadn't tried a Samsung in 3 years until the Note 10+ but I guess they still haven't learned how to make a phone run smoothly (I should have known better than to believe flossy carter). I'm quite disappointed in this phone tbh. I had high hopes and talked myself into keeping it, but in hindsight, I should have returned it.

I might do a factory reset soon to see if that helps. Pretty sad a device that cost $1100 doesn't run any better than a midrange device. I've also noticed more battery drain. The battery was epic on Android 9, and though it's still ok on 10, it has noticeably got worse.
That $1000 phone have 1000 features, compare to 6T which is almost barebone stock Android. OnePlus UI base came from Cyanogen, very light system. OneUI is young UI in second version, future is bright

Last edited:

yugoport

Jul 3, 2009
Disable accessability services, that should help.
The only accessibility service I have turned in is dashlane. Everything else is off.

For me, up to 4-5 apps there's no stutter in the animations, but after starting having more than 5 apps in the recent apps menu the lag starts and it gets worst with the increase of apps in recent apps menu.

Only Samsung to have this kind of thing in a flagship.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

stoyandim

Dec 19, 2010
www.dimitech.eu
The only accessibility service I have turned in is dashlane. Everything else is off.

For me, up to 4-5 apps there's no stutter in the animations, but after starting having more than 5 apps in the recent apps menu the lag starts and it gets worst with the increase of apps in recent apps menu.

Actually, the issue is exactly with Dashlane. After you stop it I guarantee you that the issue will be resolved.

Apps like Dashlane and Keepass, when enabled with accessibility option, are always working on the background and checking every screen for possible data breach. Once you disable it, you will be reborn and the phone will be smooth as butter.

Sprov

Oct 12, 2015
Bologna
yeah i still get some stutters, but its gotten better each beta release. oneui 2 is still leagues better than every other samsung phone in terms of animation smoothness though. Samsung lag is pretty much gone, but there has always been some stutter when going to recent apps or going home... but i think samsung is working hard on this, just so that the s11's 120hz screen won't have this issue.

I'm surprised you didn't get a new phone to begin with. samsung phones are known for the features/bloat. if you want smooth, get a pixel or oneplus or iphone.

If the 120hz screen is confirmed, then the stutters will be more noticeable. I don't really have them since i keep my phone pristine from bloat and take care of it as a baby, but I guess the random Samsung jaggyness can one day come back

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had my Galaxy note 10+ updated to Android 10 with one ui 2.0 and the recent apps animation is really bad, has anyone found a solution, it's almost unbearable switching apps.

Thanks in advance,
    Disable accessability services, that should help.

Actually, the issue is exactly with Dashlane. After you stop it I guarantee you that the issue will be resolved.

Apps like Dashlane and Keepass, when enabled with accessibility option, are always working on the background and checking every screen for possible data breach. Once you disable it, you will be reborn and the phone will be smooth as butter.

That $1000 phone have 1000 features, compare to 6T which is almost barebone stock Android. OnePlus UI base came from Cyanogen, very light system. OneUI is young UI in second version, future is bright
    Said everyone every year about Samsung TouchWiz, Samsung Experience, Samsung One UI, Samsung insert-some-random-name-here-when-we-need-to-rebrand-to-try-to-hide-our-inability-to-do-proper-UI-optimization.

My Note 10+ runs like absolute crap in terms of UI fluidity after Android 10 update. Even bare-bones stock setup with no apps runs the same way.
    Apps allowed to draw over others in accessibility creates stuttering (for me it was dashlane). Disable thisue, restart and see if it helps