One UI 3.0 can be loaded on SM-F916U1

jcrutchvt10

Jan 31, 2011
I'm using an unlocked U1 on T-mobile US and just used the google dialer to switch CSC to XAR (Which I don't think you HAVE to do). Just use frija and download SM-F916W region XAC and use Odin patched. Up and running with no issues.

**updated i actually used model SM-F916W region XAC in Frija.

Last edited:
Reactions: aj2019

curiousmileo

Jun 25, 2010
I'm using an unlocked U1 on T-mobile US and just used the google dialer to switch CSC to XAR (Which is in common with the Canadian shared CSC). Just use frija and download SM-F916W region XAR and use Odin patched. Up and running with no issues.
did you have to wipe your phone? Same on T-Mobile and getting antsy waiting

GaresTaylan

Jun 20, 2011
I'm using an unlocked U1 on T-mobile US and just used the google dialer to switch CSC to XAR (Which is in common with the Canadian shared CSC). Just use frija and download SM-F916W region XAR and use Odin patched. Up and running with no issues.
Which CSC did you use when searching in Frija? XAR returns no results for the SM-F916W.

XAC?

Last edited:

anuraj1

Aug 10, 2010
Ann Arbor
And then did you switch your CSC back to TMB?

jcrutchvt10

Jan 31, 2011
After looking on Frija I'm seeing XAR is for SM-F916U1 and it's US based Android 10. Not sure how you got Android 11. If you meant XAC there's no option to change the CSC to that.
Which CSC did you use when searching in Frija? XAR returns no results for the SM-F916W.

XAC?
My apologies i was running on very little sleep. I did indeed use XAC in Frija. So I suppose you could try leaving it on TMB and flashing since i flashed the XAC version for SM-F916W over XAR on my U1. I do have a bunch of extra dev options though that i'm not sure would be exactly the same. I will confirm later but so far, I haven't found a dialer code on XAR that works to change CSC on version CTLL with XAC. But your sim will automatically flip your network CSC to TMB regardless. I'll update my previous posts thanks for the catch.

jcrutchvt10

Jan 31, 2011
And then did you switch your CSC back to TMB?
Like i mentioned in my post above, so far, I haven't found a dialer code that opens up the CSC menu on the new version. I'm going to try again shortly but your sim will automatically set your network to TMB. I can say that VOLTE and WFC works much more efficiently for me on the new version. You just have to wait for setup to complete and the WFC option will appear as usual.

devwest

Oct 21, 2009
This does work. I have tried it. My fold 2 was bought from Samsung unlocked. It now shows the device as SM-F916W. I am with AT&T and 5g doesn't show up but everything else seems to run just fine.

I was also able to go back to u1 firmware with CSC XAA .

Last edited:

jcrutchvt10

Jan 31, 2011
ODIN allowed you to flash SM-F916W firmware on a SM-F916U1 model? Typically cross flashing between models fails when using ODIN and even if it let you, you'd probably be soft-bricked.
Yeah the patched ODIN 3.1.4 did work in this case. I did some checking of the partitioning among various regions/versions and the canadian version didn't really require any changes so i thought i'd take a chance. I do have 5G so that tells me you need to apply sales/network CSC of something that isn't carrier locked prior to updating and everything should work ok. That's speculation and my personal experience.

aj2019

Sep 4, 2018
Delhi
I'm using an unlocked U1 on T-mobile US and just used the google dialer to switch CSC to XAR (Which I don't think you HAVE to do). Just use frija and download SM-F916W region XAC and use Odin patched. Up and running with no issues.

**updated i actually used model SM-F916W region XAC in Frija.

Hey! So, I have SM-F916U. I flashed SM-F916U1 firmware to get rid of the AT&T Bloatware. Everything is working fine but my Samsung Pay shows USA Offers but I live in India.

Going by the same logic as you mentioned, Can I flash CSC of SM-F916B (India Version) to get Samsung Pay Indian Offers?

jcrutchvt10

Jan 31, 2011
Hey! So, I have SM-F916U. I flashed SM-F916U1 firmware to get rid of the AT&T Bloatware. Everything is working fine but my Samsung Pay shows USA Offers but I live in India.

Going by the same logic as you mentioned, Can I flash CSC of SM-F916B (India Version) to get Samsung Pay Indian Offers?
I'd be hesitant to do anything with a non-unlocked variant.

Mr. Orange 645

Sep 6, 2010
Springfield
ODIN allowed you to flash SM-F916W firmware on a SM-F916U1 model? Typically cross flashing between models fails when using ODIN and even if it let you, you'd probably be soft-bricked.
This isn't surprising at all. Since the Galaxy S8 and Note 8, the U models and the W models have all been cross compatible with firmware. They are actually the same exact device, and the W only indicates it's running Canadian firmware. Just like the U1 indicates it's non-carrier branded and U indicates it's a carrier model. No issues cross flashing at all.

Mr. Orange 645

Sep 6, 2010
Springfield

916B and 916U are not the same devices. There are hardware differences, so you can't crossflash firmware.

I'd be hesitant to do anything with a non-unlocked variant.
Flashing firmware doesn't do anything to affect the locked or unlocked status. Many, many people here have flashed U1 firmware on locked U devices over the last few years.

aj2019

Sep 4, 2018
Delhi
916B and 916U are not the same devices. There are hardware differences, so you can't crossflash firmware.

Flashing firmware doesn't do anything to affect the locked or unlocked status. Many, many people here have flashed U1 firmware on locked U devices over the last few years.
Got it! Thankyou so much! So, is there any possible way to get Samsung Pay India app on my US version of Galaxy Fold 2?

Dr8ven

Nov 21, 2018
I actually went and flashed my u1 to this version .. everything else works as it should but so far my only drawback is that my samsung sofi account has been deleted after it updated to samsung pay Canada...

Edit: although it samsung pay Canada all I had to the was verify my samsung password and accept samsung pass terms and I was good to go everything is there and works as it should.

Last edited: