One UI 3.0 Released!

Search This thread

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
Using Frija app, I've confirmed as of 10:00 EST 12/11/2020 there is still no update for S20+ on Google Fi. Model is SM-G986U1 with CSC of XAA
Neither Samsung nor Fi support have any idea when an update to 3.0/11 will be available.
So much for Google being 'first.'

dcfjoe

Jul 8, 2013
I use Visible, which uses Verizon's network, and as of 12/11/20, there is still no OTA update for One UI 3.0.

Model: SM-G981U1
CSC: FKR

hqdmx2

Jul 30, 2014
Anyone know when the one ui 3.0 for u1 will drop? I have an s20 snapdragon for tmobile.

kiamikadze

Feb 14, 2011
Vilnius
Successfully updated Baltic countries (SEB) SM-G988B [EXYNOS] didn't noticed all issues, but from my side it looks fixed:
1. faster fingerprint
2. battery improvments
3. Gaming and heat problems, no more overheating just warm. after of gaming 3 hrs A3 still alive no more lags thats great improvment I think.
4. Better and faster UI.

StatikBlue

Jan 23, 2015
G986W Canadian S20+ on Bell Mobility. Downloading now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201215-001949_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20201215-001949_Software update.jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 38

MachRc

Sep 8, 2010
I cannot add multiple videos in the stock video editor in the gallery. They removed the add multiple videos. They removed the different transition like fade im between multiple videos , but added typing and AR emoji of yourself in there.

Samsung all your big presentations with influences and video people making videos on your phone for your unboxed events and none of them can now put two simple videos together using your standard phone app.

It even had the ability to turn any wide screen landscape videos into 1:1 soctajt you can post wide-screen videos into the new square only instagram video uploads.

I'm really disappointed disappointed they removed such great features

edit: I was wrong they did not delete the feature

They have moved it to the top right corner as "create movie"

once you "edit" your video or photo from the gallery

go to the top right corner , hit the three dots, and "create movie"

before this use to be where there was a button to finish the work, but "create movie"

opens up options that allow you to add more videos and stitch them with transistions.

SO it wasnt removed, jut moved away from "edit" in gallery

Last edited:

dcfjoe

Jul 8, 2013
I finally got the OTA update for my S20.

Model: SM-G981U1 (unlocked S20 that I purchased from Best Buy here in the USA)
CSC: FKR
Carrier: Visible

Reactions: ccmp76b8

ccmp76b8

Oct 7, 2013
italy - leghorn
also recently updated my SM -G981U1, I'm sorry that Samsung has decided to remove the animations reducer, I liked it a lot, now there is remove animations, but they are jerky

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
also recently updated my SM -G981U1, I'm sorry that Samsung has decided to remove the animations reducer, I liked it a lot, now there is remove animations, but they are jerky
Have you enabled developer options? You can adjust or turn them off from there. I have all animations turned off, makes the phone seem much faster.

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
Hello to all
Same problem with nova launcher .... after the update to 11, some gestures work incorrectly.
For example, once the screen is turned on and off, the screen turns on again for a few moments and then turns off again and permanently.
I wrote an email to "TeslaCoil Apps Customer Support" reporting the anomaly and they replied "That's an issue on Samsung's end that they introduced well over a year ago that you would need to contact them directly about".
Personally I think it's a Nova problem as with version 10 everything was going perfectly.
I hope for a launcher update where the problem is solved.
I attach a short video where you can see the problem.
Hello to all.

I use Nova, paid version, and I'm not having that issue. I have transitions turned off via developer options, don't know if that makes any difference.

pvc_

Oct 6, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Updated mine this morning. S20+ US unlocked (SnapDragon 5G).
  • The finger print scanner seems faster.
  • The whole UI seems a bit snappier.
  • I love the new portrait\landscape button on the bottom-right of the screen that shows up for some apps.
  • I did notice a slight overheating when a video ad loaded in Chrome. Never experienced this before.
Haven't noticed any other major changes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello

I just received the latest oneUI update 3.0 with Android 11.

I am in France on an Unlocked S20+ Exynos.
    Omfg, i have never seen something so ugly as this OneUI 3 update. First thing that you notice after updating, is the new monstrous fingerprint icon. Secondly, the interaction with the phone when using a 3rd party launcher is buggy as hell. Using Nova Launcher and gestures navigation is buggy. Thumbs down Samsung for this update.
    pretty sure using any 3rd party launcher on android 11 is buggy, even on pixels, so dont think that is Samsung specific
    Omfg, i have never seen something so ugly as this OneUI 3 update. First thing that you notice after updating, is the new monstrous fingerprint icon. Secondly, the interaction with the phone when using a 3rd party launcher is buggy as hell. Using Nova Launcher and gestures navigation is buggy. Thumbs down Samsung for this update.
    So far the 3 main things i have noticed , compared to OneUI 2.5.
    1. The fingerprint recognition is way faster
    2. The UI is very smooth
    3. Battery life seems to have improved (Exynos)

Jay
    Also here!!! G980F in Chile