• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide [One UI 4.0 Beta] Video Installation Guide (Snapdragon & Exynos)

Search This thread

bANONYMOUS

Dec 30, 2011
Canada, Earth.
I wrote a full guide on how to flash One UI 4.0.
This can be implemented for any of the phones supported for the One UI 4.0 Beta. However I only own an S21 Ultra, so I'm only hosting the files linked within the guide for that device, but the other files can be found around here in the OTA download threads.

Direct Links:
SM-G998U1 XAA AUH9
AUH9 to ZUID (Beta 1) @elliwigy
ZUID to ZUJ1 (Beta 2) @darkjavapro
ZUJ1 to ZUJG (Beta 3) @darkjavapro

Here's the full guide:

Here's the step by step video:

Last edited:

y2kdread

Dec 13, 2010
Dallas, TX
This is such a great guide!

Out of curiosity, is it normal for the beta build to periodically "restart"? I noticed that the lock screen flashed, reloaded, it required me to use the PIN (instead of face/finger print). When I checked the uptime on the phone that stayed the same.

Any ideas?

Reactions: bANONYMOUS

bANONYMOUS

Dec 30, 2011
Canada, Earth.
Can some tell me if I have a Verizon S21U (SM-998U) on 4AUIG how can I install the beta? Will this method work? Thanks
Yes this will work, you will have to use Odin 3.14.1 patcheD, downgrade to 998U1 XAA AUH9, then factory reset, enter adb sideload, flash beta 1, reboot, reboot to sideload, flash beta 2, factory reset, reboot, done.

All files are linked in the guide

EDIT:
OR you can use the 998U beta files lingering around here, really doesn't matter, only difference is that the CSC I believe has to match, so if you have 998U VZN, and the beta 1 update is for 998U TMB, then it's going to see that the firmware is different and I think it's going to fail, which means you have to flash whichever one is for the update zip first. Which the person who uploaded should say their exact firmware they were on that they captured the update from.

This is why U1 is just easier, there's only one, they're all XAA, no CSC stuff to worry about, no carrier bloatapps in the background. It's the ideal choice for the best experience.

Reactions: spjetrovic

spjetrovic

Yes this will work, you will have to use Odin 3.14.1 patcheD, downgrade to 998U1 XAA AUH9, then factory reset, enter adb sideload, flash beta 1, reboot, reboot to sideload, flash beta 2, factory reset, reboot, done.

EDIT:
OR you can use the 998U beta files lingering around here, really doesn't matter, only difference is that the CSC I believe has to match, so if you have 998U VZN, and the beta 1 update is for 998U TMB, then it's going to see that the firmware is different and I think it's going to fail, which means you have to flash whichever one is for the update zip first. Which the person who uploaded should say their exact firmware they were on that they captured the update from.

This is why U1 is just easier, there's only one, they're all XAA, no CSC stuff to worry about, no carrier bloatapps in the background. It's the ideal choice for the best experience.
thank for your explanation and recommendation! Greatly appreciated.

hthiengo

Dec 25, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Hi! My s21u CSC is ZTO (Brazil), part of OWO multi-CSC, and it's still on AUHB firmware. Can I manually update to AUHD? Or do I have to wait for the AUHD update specifically for my CSC and only then update to ZUID (Beta 1) and then to ZUJ1 (Beta 2)? Also, the device is not rooted yet.

bANONYMOUS

Dec 30, 2011
Canada, Earth.
Hi! My s21u CSC is ZTO (Brazil), part of OWO multi-CSC, and it's still on AUHB firmware. Can I manually update to AUHD? Or do I have to wait for the AUHD update specifically for my CSC and only then update to ZUID (Beta 1) and then to ZUJ1 (Beta 2)? Also, the device is not rooted yet.
You can manually wait but the likely hood of something for that specific model being leaked around here probably won't happen.

Best to just use patched odin to flash auh9, flash zuid beta one, reboot, flash zuj1 beta 2, factory reset, start from there and call it a day. wait for leaked updates to appear here, it's going to be the most common device to get leaked builds

Reactions: hthiengo

bANONYMOUS

Dec 30, 2011
Canada, Earth.
I did some research @hthiengo and I found a few things
G998B is Exynos, and after looking up the radio bands for Brazil, they fall in line with the bands activated on the firmware listed here

Just follow this guide, but replace the initial firmware I have linked with Exynos firmware for SM-G998B AUHD, then flash the ZUIC file linked in that thread, from there follow along with the OTA section and flash ZUIC to ZUJ1 and you're in business.

From that point, you can continue to flash OTA update's as people capture the .bin file.

Alternativly, there's an updated section at the bottom of that opening post, where someone has also captured AUIE to ZUJ1. This will just go from the October Security patch of One UI 3.1 to One UI 4.0 Beta 2 directly, saves you a few steps out of the gate.

Reactions: hthiengo

amazin1988

Feb 18, 2012
Miami
So I switched to TMobile from Verizon so I have a actually TMobile phone. I enrolled to beta yesterday thinking I'd have it by now still haven't received it. The only update I got was the security update for September. Any idea help please haven't done this in a while and don't have the proper laptop at the moment to use odin. So help would be awesome plz.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wrote a full guide on how to flash One UI 4.0.
    This can be implemented for any of the phones supported for the One UI 4.0 Beta. However I only own an S21 Ultra, so I'm only hosting the files linked within the guide for that device, but the other files can be found around here in the OTA download threads.

Direct Links:
    SM-G998U1 XAA AUH9
    AUH9 to ZUID (Beta 1) @elliwigy
    ZUID to ZUJ1 (Beta 2) @darkjavapro
    ZUJ1 to ZUJG (Beta 3) @darkjavapro

Here's the full guide:

Here's the step by step video:
    This is such a great guide!

Out of curiosity, is it normal for the beta build to periodically "restart"? I noticed that the lock screen flashed, reloaded, it required me to use the PIN (instead of face/finger print). When I checked the uptime on the phone that stayed the same.

Any ideas?
    Can some tell me if I have a Verizon S21U (SM-998U) on 4AUIG how can I install the beta? Will this method work? Thanks

EDIT:

You can manually wait but the likely hood of something for that specific model being leaked around here probably won't happen.

Best to just use patched odin to flash auh9, flash zuid beta one, reboot, flash zuj1 beta 2, factory reset, start from there and call it a day. wait for leaked updates to appear here, it's going to be the most common device to get leaked builds
    I did some research @hthiengo and I found a few things
    G998B is Exynos, and after looking up the radio bands for Brazil, they fall in line with the bands activated on the firmware listed here

Just follow this guide, but replace the initial firmware I have linked with Exynos firmware for SM-G998B AUHD, then flash the ZUIC file linked in that thread, from there follow along with the OTA section and flash ZUIC to ZUJ1 and you're in business.

From that point, you can continue to flash OTA update's as people capture the .bin file.

Alternativly, there's an updated section at the bottom of that opening post, where someone has also captured AUIE to ZUJ1. This will just go from the October Security patch of One UI 3.1 to One UI 4.0 Beta 2 directly, saves you a few steps out of the gate.