General One UI 4 Beta program coming soon to Galaxy Z Flip 3, Galaxy Z Fold 3

Search This thread
Another thing... In options for always on display now there is a new voice "always on with new notification" (I translate from Italian, than I don't know how is called into menu)... Finally we can see that we have a new notification without tapping or use AOD always on and saving battery

crawls69

Mar 29, 2015
1641568283477.png

Are you saying that you can now reply to a text message directly on the cover screen?

crawls69

Mar 29, 2015
Yes... there are many possible suggested response, open a message in cover screen than swipe on bottom, you have buttons "open in app" "delete" and finally "response" with many text message suggested.
Ok. That's at least a small step in the right direction. I really like this phone but my biggest gripe is the limited functionality of the cover screen. I upgraded to the Z Flip 3 after owning the RAZR 5G which has a larger cover screen with full functionality (including keyboard typing). I got spoiled by it.

Anyway, progress is progress. Hopefully Samsung will continue to open up additional functionality on the cover screen in future updates (but I'm not holding my breath for it). Thank goodness that we have some developers that are currently working on apps that utilize the cover screen more effectively. Hopefully they figure out how to get the apps to work on One UI 4. I haven't received the OTA upgrade yet but hopefully it will arrive soon. I have a US carrier-locked version (T-Mobile).

I'm also glad that the notifications are showing longer on One UI 4 when a message come in. I'm looking forward to all the upgrades from both Samsung and the developers here on XDA.

crawls69

Mar 29, 2015
In the US I understand that both Verizon and AT&T released One UI 4 for the Z Flip 3 a week ago or so. And Verizon already released One UI 4 for the Galaxy S20 (an almost 2 year old phone). Meanwhile, those of us on T-Mobile in the US are still waiting. The last update I got on my Z Flip 3 was the November security patch back on November 6th. So no One UI 4 yet and no monthly security patch in two months now...SMH

crawls69

Mar 29, 2015
Now the drama is over, i guess we all have it.
It's not a huge difference with one UI4, some eye candy features and that's it. Battery life is still horrible.
Is anything on the way,a custom ROM? :D
T-Mobile US still hasn't released One UI 4 but it doesn't sound like there's a lot to look forward to...

K3n H1mur4

Apr 30, 2009
Fortaleza
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
T-Mobile US still hasn't released One UI 4 but it doesn't sound like there's a lot to look forward to...
In this case I think TMo is to blain. In Brazil, even carrier-unlocked variants just started to get the update yesterday.

About not much to look forward to: didn't fully charge my phone since the update, just a few top-ups during the day, but on the Z Fold 3 I'm reviewing (actually failing to review, since I simply can't gather enough interest in the phone to use it instead of the Z Flip 3), I'm getting 20-25% batt drain per day when idle. Not terrible (0.8-1%/hour), but on One UI 3 it was about half of that.

-----------

On an unrelated note, I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to screenshot the Z Flip 3's cover screen on Android 11, but now on One UI 4 I'm able to. Can anyone confirm if it really was impossible to take a screenshot before the update?

crawls69

Mar 29, 2015
In this case I think TMo is to blain. In Brazil, even carrier-unlocked variants just started to get the update yesterday.

About not much to look forward to: didn't fully charge my phone since the update, just a few top-ups during the day, but on the Z Fold 3 I'm reviewing (actually failing to review, since I simply can't gather enough interest in the phone to use it instead of the Z Flip 3), I'm getting 20-25% batt drain per day when idle. Not terrible (0.8-1%/hour), but on One UI 3 it was about half of that.

-----------

On an unrelated note, I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to screenshot the Z Flip 3's cover screen on Android 11, but now on One UI 4 I'm able to. Can anyone confirm if it really was impossible to take a screenshot before
T-mobile finally gets its act together and releases One UI 4. It came with the December security patch...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220114-010606_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20220114-010606_Software update.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 18

chompx2

Dec 19, 2009
So Cal
I am Stateside and I use Google Fi. Today, I updated the Samsung Z Flip 3 to Android 12 and 4.0 One UI. There is no SIM Card Management option at all. While my S21 Ultra shows 2 SIMs with one of them an eSIM, the Z Flip 3 only shows one SIM and no eSIM. Both are on Android 12 and 4.0 One UI.

Does the Samsung Z Flip 3 on Android 12 and 4.0 One UI, has eSIM active in other countries?

Cek91

Feb 16, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
I am Stateside and I use Google Fi. Today, I updated the Samsung Z Flip 3 to Android 12 and 4.0 One UI. There is no SIM Card Management option at all. While my S21 Ultra shows 2 SIMs with one of them an eSIM, the Z Flip 3 only shows one SIM and no eSIM. Both are on Android 12 and 4.0 One UI.

Does the Samsung Z Flip 3 on Android 12 and 4.0 One UI, has eSIM active in other countries?
I'm on A12 as well, but in Europe, and I can use my Z Flip 3 in dual sim with eSIM without any problem.

I guess your problem is related to the firmware for your location as I remember seeing in some other thread that also the beta for US was having similar problem.

Reactions: chompx2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, at least some kind of clarity from the support ...
    111.jpg
    222.jpg
    I would really really _really_ not reccomend upgrading yet, my battery life went from good to HORRIBLE I have to charge 2x a day, galaxy max hz app doesn't work anymore, multistar and keys Cafe aren't ready yet, and samsung pay crashes over and over whenever I am on the home screen. The only benefit is slightly different animations and app layouts and my geekbench score jumped significantly, but the phone feels slower overall. Having weird keyboard glitches too, had to rewrite this post multiple times bc it kept deleting while I was typing
    A new firmware available in Korea. I think tomorrow or next week it will be available in Europe too.
    I really don't understand how you get I'm impatient? It seems to me your the type person who looks from arguments.... All I was doing was passing time and trying to start a conversation.