How To Guide [One UI 4 Beta] (Snapdragon) S21 Ultra

Search This thread

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Hello does anyone else having problems with the keyboard? When I try to write something it's like is pressing the enter button and adds lines. Very frustrating. Samsung keyboard seems that has advertisements now and is very frustrating.

Another problem that I have is when I am in the home screen (Nova LAUNCHER) when I press to open an application it opens a different application. Weird

One more problem for me is that it seems that I can not find the correct font size for the hole system. When I choose the middle size is too big and when I choose the set below is too small
ive been having all sorts problems with beta 2 more so than beta 1.. apps force closing constantly.. stuff fc's on start up.. keyboard the buttons on top like emoji or mic etc disappear or turn into little square looking icons like its bugged out

omek07

Oct 15, 2007
ive been having all sorts problems with beta 2 more so than beta 1.. apps force closing constantly.. stuff fc's on start up.. keyboard the buttons on top like emoji or mic etc disappear or turn into little square looking icons like its bugged out
All this problems I found them and in Beta 1 but I wanted to try the beta 2 to see if they fixed them.

The problem with the keyboard I fixed it with not using the Samsung keyboard. I use the Microsoft keyboard now.

For The other problems I can not figure out what is happening.

For the applications sometimes when I press a program that is in the dock it opens a different program that it seems that is on the recent open programs.

maddoggin

Jul 6, 2010
corpus christ
So i have a tmobile G998U s21 ultra, I went ahead and flashed the G998U1 firmware to be able to flash beta 1 and beta 2 and everything is awesome. I downloaded the Samsung members app and for some reason it allowed me to sign up for beta software. Will I now get beta updates, and if yes will they be G998U1 or will they take me back to G998U? My phone says I'm G998U1/DS

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211010-164443_Samsung Members.png
    Screenshot_20211010-164443_Samsung Members.png
    794.3 KB · Views: 108

amazin1988

Feb 18, 2012
Miami
So I switched to TMobile enrolled in beta and haven't received update only update I received was the September security update nothing else and going on 2 days when I hit update nothing any idea sorry for run on sentence.

JAMRZ69

Nov 5, 2007
San Antonio
My Battery life on Beta 2 is absolute crap and for some reason my phone keeps disconnecting from my Galaxy Watch 3 classic,it will reconnect after a few seconds but obviously something in beta 2 causing these issues for me.

zjhao

Jan 4, 2019
The beta is finally released in China hopefully a hero will come up and share with us their beta firmwares. 🙏🙏
G9980 gang is restless.
It was postponed again. It is estimated that on October 18, it is still unknown whether the Beta will open as scheduled tomorrow. The Samsung team in China is really bad

maddoggin

Jul 6, 2010
corpus christ
Looks like I'm gonna have to revert back to Android 11. Was hoping for an update that might resolve some issues but idk, looks like Sammy has other plans. I'll wait one more day and see if news breaks as to when we can see an update.

cbchen

Oct 30, 2019
有没有人抓到中国的测试链接?

Translated by GT: Has anyone caught the test link in China?

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BETA 1 G998U1 AUH9 to ZUID : Download thanks to @darkjavapro

BETA 1 G998U AUGQ to ZUID: Download thanks to @goofwear

BETA 2 G998U ZUID to ZUJ1: Download thanks to @goofwear

Beta 2 G998U1 ZUID to ZUJ1: Download thanks to @darkjavapro

Beta 3 G998U ZUJ1 to ZUJG: Download thanks to @goofwear

Beta 3 G998U1 ZUJ1 to ZUJG: Download thanks to @darkjavapro

Beta 4 G998U ZUJG to ZUK1: Download thanks to @goofwear

Beta 4 G998U1 ZUJG TO ZUK1: Download thanks to @elliwigy

Here is instruction how to capture update file: https://xdaforums.com/t/...for-s21-plus-ultra-download-ota-link.4333487/

Instructions provided by @elliwigy :

- Model needs to be G998U or G998U1
    - Flash the starting firmware to your device using modified odin if you are not already on it (this example needs to flash G998U1 4AUH9 to your G998U or G998U1 if not already on it.)
    - Download G998U1 4AUH9 to 4ZUID update.zip to your PC.
    - Have the update zip in same directory as ADB binary (if not in PATH) then open a terminal window (Windows will be powershell or cmd prompt.)
    - Use hardware buttons to enter recovery mode then select "Apply Update Using ADB...) or if you have adb on device authorized can type in terminal "adb reboot sideload" or "adb reboot recovery" then select "Apply Update Using ADB..."
    - Once in sideliad mode, type in terminal "adb sideload nameofupdate.zip"
    BETA 1 G998U1 AUH9 to ZUID : Download thanks to @darkjavapro

BETA 1 G998U AUH9 to ZUID: Download thanks to @goofwear

BETA 2 G998U ZUID to ZUJ1: Download thanks to @goofwear

Here is instruction how to capture update file: https://xdaforums.com/t/...for-s21-plus-ultra-download-ota-link.4333487/

Instructions provided by @elliwigy :

- Model needs to be G998U or G998U1
    - Flash the starting firmware to your device using modified odin if you are not already on it (this example needs to flash G998U1 4AUH9 to your G998U or G998U1 if not already on it.)
    - Download G998U1 4AUH9 to 4ZUID update.zip to your PC.
    - Have the update zip in same directory as ADB binary (if not in PATH) then open a terminal window (Windows will be powershell or cmd prompt.)
    - Use hardware buttons to enter recovery mode then select "Apply Update Using ADB...) or if you have adb on device authorized can type in terminal "adb reboot sideload" or "adb reboot recovery" then select "Apply Update Using ADB..."
    - Once in sideliad mode, type in terminal "adb sideload nameofupdate.zip"
    Beta 2 For g998u1 zuid to zuji
    http://fota-secure-dn.ospserver.net:80/firmware/VZW/SM-G998U1/nspx/0519fdcc65a041c3ae9c75de830ac3f0.bin?px-time=61abf252&px-hash=c83cd36ddace9b10ffe005d3ce545947&px-wid=1188933-WSA211005225721&px-wctime=2021-10-05%2022:57:21&px-unum=&px-nb=UGtezEZ854jbmFcvWGxLEA==
    seems people forgot how updates work.. if you post a ota file you should list the device, starting firmware and the firmware you are moving to else it will not work..

for example i posted link for G998U1 4AUH9-4ZUID zip..

This means the following:

Device: SM-G998U1
    Firmware I Was On: 4AUH9
    Beta Firmware: 4ZUID

So the steps would be (f9r this specific example):

1) Own a SM-G998U or SM-G998U1
    - since the zip is for G998U1, if you own a SM-G998U, you will need to flash SM-G998U1 firmware to it using modified odin (see next step for firmware info)

2) In my example (also was my case) my device was on G998U1 rev4 firmware 4AUH9. Therefore to use the zip you need to be on this same firmware. If you arent already then you would need to use modified odin to flash your g998u or g998u1 to rev4 G998U1 4AUH9 firmware else install will fail.

3) Download the zip (if you download directly from Samsung you'll get a bin file, just rename it to .zip if you want or if you have issues installing it named .bin).

4) Using adb, type: adb reboot sideload

5) Once in adb sideload, type: adb sideload update.zip
    - Depending on what OS you are using, adb might be in your path, if not then have the adb binary in same directory as your update zip. If its in path just open terminal in same directory you have the update zip.

6) Let it update, it might take a while but should go through successfully.

If you are not sure what firmware you need to be on then you can open or extract the zip using an archive manager such as 7-zip and navigate to the update-script and open it in a text editor like notepad++ and you will see what you need to be on to start with.

The update-script has commands to do various checks so when you go to sideload it, it will check what device you are on, what firmware you are on, if firmware has been modified on the device, if zip has been modified etc. and if something doesnt check out it will fail. For example if youre rooted it will fail.. 8f you modify the zip it will fail.. if you try to flash a zip on a different variant or model it will fail.. if you arent on the starting firmware it looks for it will fail..

this is how its always been and is designed to not brick your device as well as security in mind i.e. cant pre root or change script to root device as it will break the zip/signature etc. etc.
    SM-G998U1

4AUH9 to 4ZUID Update Zip

That's why I try to stay away from the forums, cause of people like you. Always backhanded help with attitude. You're a senior member and you're acting like a thread d!ck. Thanks anyway.
    Just relax, take a breath, make a coffee, don't take it to heart. Everyone is an asshole on the internet. @Jay5583 probably just stubbed their toe and was pissed off at the world so they lashed out at you.. Or they just clearly didn't know there is a typo in the opening post. It says that Beta 1 for G998U is AUH9 to ZUID, which is not true. It's AUGQ to ZUID. AUH9 is ONLY for "U1" and does not exist for "U" (which is why it would seem like such a simple task to just tell people to search instead of actually helping, because finding a firmware is a fairly simple thing to do, and if people won't help themselves than why help others) but they CLEARLY didn't know that AUH9 doesn't exist for "U" because it's a "U1" only firmware which is why you're not finding anything, because no matter how hard you search, you're not going to find a firmware that doesn't exist lol. So, don't take it to heart that they were coming across as rude because from the information provided on here, it seemed like a very simple task and they were probably just pissed about something else and lashed out at you for asking such a simple question. But the real issue was the typo and the firmware you as well as they thought you needed, doesn't actually exist.

I'll try to explain why it's AUGQ. If you download that file in the first post with all of the links, you'll get a .bin file. Change .bin to .zip, and you can open it. Navigate to META-INF > com > google > android and in there, you will see update-script. If you open this file with notepad or something, you can see on line 5, it says
    ui_print("[FEN] source: samsung/p3qsqw/p3q:11/RP1A.200720.012/G998USQU4AUGQ:user/release-keys");
    The key part you want to pay attention to is the full build string G998USQU4AUGQ, or rather the last four characters "AUGQ".
    This is the SOURCE it's looking for, so when you flash this update file, it will look for that EXACT firmware. If it does NOT see that, it will fail at 47% as so many people on here have seen because of that last U1 Beta 4 upload being the wrong link. (It was for Beta 3, so everyone was failing at 47% because the Beta 3 file everyone downloaded thinking it was Beta 4, it was actaully Beta 3 looking for Beta 2 firmware as the source to flash over top and upgrade to Beta 3, but everyone's phone was already on Beta 3 as the source, so because it was on the wrong source firmware it couldn't flash).
    So once you are on the SOURCE firmware, so for G998U, the source needs to be AUGQ, then you can flash Beta 1 for "U", and flash right over top of that Beta 2/3/4 and you're good to go. Maybe do a factory reset after AUGQ to Beta 1 just to assure full stability by removing all One UI 3.1 lingering files that could be in the background and cause stability issues.

@DoctorNasty will eventually fix this typo in the opening post whenever they have some free time so that Beta 1 for G998U is AUGQ to ZUID, not AUH9 to ZUID.

I've already found the firmware you need, and uploaded it to my Google Drive to make your life a little easier
    G998U AUGQ
    I've also written a full guide here if you need any help along the way. I've covered everything as well as some troubleshooting and other notes and links.
    And I have a video guide on YouTube here if you need to see the process first hand if you're more of a visual learner or want to ask questions in the comments or anything.