So I received another update yesterday (11/22/2021) and I gotta say...what a difference addressing some bugs can do. The responsiveness of the phone is so much better. Verizon S21 Ultra (SM-G998U) new build is BUK9.
do i need to sideload all the previous beta builds before this one or can i go straight from 4AUH9 to this?@DoctorNasty
Zuk1 to Buk7 official
Based on the build_info.txt, you need to be on UK1
Is this the stable release? I thought the final release should be installed using Odin. Is there any difference?@DoctorNasty
Zuk1 to Buk7 official
Beta 2 For g998u1 zuid to zujiBETA 1 G998U1 AUH9 to ZUID : Download thanks to @darkjavapro
BETA 1 G998U AUH9 to ZUID: Download thanks to @goofwear
BETA 2 G998U ZUID to ZUJ1: Download thanks to @goofwear
Here is instruction how to capture update file: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-s21-plus-ultra-download-ota-link.4333487/
Instructions provided by @elliwigy :
- Model needs to be G998U or G998U1
- Flash the starting firmware to your device using modified odin if you are not already on it (this example needs to flash G998U1 4AUH9 to your G998U or G998U1 if not already on it.)
- Download G998U1 4AUH9 to 4ZUID update.zip to your PC.
- Have the update zip in same directory as ADB binary (if not in PATH) then open a terminal window (Windows will be powershell or cmd prompt.)
- Use hardware buttons to enter recovery mode then select "Apply Update Using ADB...) or if you have adb on device authorized can type in terminal "adb reboot sideload" or "adb reboot recovery" then select "Apply Update Using ADB..."
- Once in sideliad mode, type in terminal "adb sideload nameofupdate.zip"
Just relax, take a breath, make a coffee, don't take it to heart. Everyone is an asshole on the internet. @Jay5583 probably just stubbed their toe and was pissed off at the world so they lashed out at you.. Or they just clearly didn't know there is a typo in the opening post. It says that Beta 1 for G998U is AUH9 to ZUID, which is not true. It's AUGQ to ZUID. AUH9 is ONLY for "U1" and does not exist for "U" (which is why it would seem like such a simple task to just tell people to search instead of actually helping, because finding a firmware is a fairly simple thing to do, and if people won't help themselves than why help others) but they CLEARLY didn't know that AUH9 doesn't exist for "U" because it's a "U1" only firmware which is why you're not finding anything, because no matter how hard you search, you're not going to find a firmware that doesn't exist lol. So, don't take it to heart that they were coming across as rude because from the information provided on here, it seemed like a very simple task and they were probably just pissed about something else and lashed out at you for asking such a simple question. But the real issue was the typo and the firmware you as well as they thought you needed, doesn't actually exist.