• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide [One UI 4 Beta] (Snapdragon) S21 Ultra

Search This thread

klabit87

Jul 11, 2011
You need to ask S21+ users, people with S21 Ultras (as per this forum) cannot get you a link for your phone.
This thread encompasses all 3 devices and even provides a link for the g991 so I figured it would be ok to ask within the relative thread. Although I did not realize this was the ultra forum. I will check in the plus forum. Thanks

Reactions: Orlaf

radioxmen

Nov 11, 2011
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3

Attachments

• D30FA83D-0C46-474A-A81D-E965DB90988A.jpeg
    D30FA83D-0C46-474A-A81D-E965DB90988A.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 79

whitemilk_kor

Nov 13, 2011
Buchon
I am using s21+
Haven't played the beta yet!
Everyone participating in the beta program
Does esim work?
my device is 996u1
i need esim
Please forgive me even if my English is not good!

bANONYMOUS

Dec 30, 2011
Canada, Earth.
I have SM-G998W, used patched Odin 3.13.1 when the phone first came out to convert it over to SM-G998U1 XAA, and I am on the latest OTA update to 4AUH9. But I was getting an error at 47% like others have reported.

My fix was to just do a factory reset. I wiped my phone completely, set it back up with no accounts so it's just a fresh, account free, install of SM-998U1 XAA 4AUH9. Once I was back into Android after the setup screen, Go straight to settings, software info, tapped build number 7 times, back, back, developer options, enable USB Debugging, Tried it again and it works fine.

I'm on Windows 11 22463, so to setup platform-tools system wide so it's easier to use like on Linux, I go to Settings, System, Advanced System Settings. From Windows 10, you go to Control Panel, System, Advanced System Settings (on the left bar), but from that point, the steps are the same between Windows 10 or 11.
In the window that opens up, go to Environment Variables, and in the System variables section, click on Path, and click edit. In the window that pops up, add a new directory which leads to the platform tools folder.

Now ADB is system wide so you can just open Windows Terminal (PowerShell or CMD), and when you type adb version, it just works. No changing directories or anything.

No need for ./ before commands as others have reported.

Once that was done, simply typed in adb devices, made sure the phone comes up, adb reboot sideload, once the phone reboots and is prepped for sideload, adb sideload update.zip, and it did it's thing, now it's done, success, works perfect.

Just for safe measure, now that the phone is on 4ZUID, I did another factory reset, so the phone will remove every One UI 3.1 file that might be lingering in the background that could potentially be causing issues and so far I haven't had anything go wrong. Been working perfect all day. I signed into my Google account and Samsung Account, restored the backup, all apps so far are working. The only weird thing I noticed is that is now says my phone is SM-G998U1/DS instead of just SM-G998U1.

But other than that, I'm going to play the risky game and daily this thing just to see how terrible my life becomes if everything go south lol.

Hope something in this post helps people out.

EDIT:
eSIM also works fine for those who were asking.

Reactions: Juice3250

Top Liked Posts