General 📍 ONE UI 5.0 BETA [Exynos] Official - Android 13 🔥

Search This thread
Jun 21, 2014
./adb sideload update.zip
Make sure you kill adb before you try to run Large Address Aware

Many thanks to @jstegeman for the genius insight into LARGEADDRESSAWARE. I wanted to clarify a couple things for those who are still having issues...
1) Enable debug tracing for adb.exe so you actually know why it's failing. Clarification on @jstegeman post -- you need to set the env. variable ADB_TRACE to all, not ADB_DEBUG. Open a command prompt and type 'set ADB_TRACE=all' and you should be set.
2) Once ADB_TRACE is set try the sideload command again: 'adb sideload <filename>'
3) adb should now spit out an error message. If it's the large address problem you'll see something like 'Unable to allocate 13345........ bytes'.
4) BEFORE YOU RUN THE LARGE ADDRESS AWARE EXECUTABLE LINKED TO BY @jstegeman YOU NEED TO KILL ADB. If you don't kill the service then the utility will fail (without any error message) because you can't modify a running EXE. Type 'adb kill-server' then run the utility.

Once I did 4) then everything worked like it should. Hope it helps.

Reactions: MSTRoyal
Jun 21, 2014
I will point out that adb.exe on Windows is not linked to be "large address aware" If you set the environment variable ADB_DEBUG=all and try to adb sideload a large file, you'll see that the call to malloc is failing to allocate enough memory for the file. The "obvious" fixes would be for adb not to try to read the entire file into memory or to be linked with the /LARGEADDRESSAWARE flag on Windows.

As a workaround, I've used https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/ to make adb.exe large address aware, and it's now working for me.

Reactions: MSTRoyal
Jun 21, 2014
these are the posts that lead me to succsess ;)
I didn't understand what does CVH7-CVH7-CVH7 mean.

I can't update my s21+ it currently has CVHI September update, I downgraded it usin Odin to CVH7 and tried adb method but it gets struck at 47%, tried changing cables, ports and even the PC.

My current baseband version is CVH7, build & kernel number is CVHI and I'm currently on XID csc.

Can some pls help me out to install the beta1. Pls🙏

NIKOSXRI

Jan 27, 2009
Athens
I didn't understand what does CVH7-CVH7-CVH7 mean.

I can't update my s21+ it currently has CVHI September update, I downgraded it usin Odin to CVH7 and tried adb method but it gets struck at 47%, tried changing cables, ports and even the PC.

My current baseband version is CVH7, build & kernel number is CVHI and I'm currently on XID csc.that is S21ultra

Can some pls help me out to install the beta1. Pls🙏
This is the H7 Firmware you must flash with odin.
Then proceed to sideload.
Of course this is for 998b, S21ultra

Jun 21, 2014
This is the H7 Firmware you must flash with odin.
Then proceed to sideload.
Of course this is for 998b, S21ultra
I installed the same but of XID (Indonesian) CSC. Is there a difference between DBT and XID for unsuccessful sideloading?

meduzaAI

Jan 5, 2019
Bârlad
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hi, i saw people saying the beta works with the root.
But how am i supposed to re-root after update, because sideloading the beta over a patched AP gives you errors.
Okay thanks but i dont know what method you're talking about.
I never rooted over a beta release.
Can you redirect me some further info ?
Do you mean same method as you root the A12 ? You need to patch the AP file.
If i flash the AP file first, the update will detect changed contents in it and won't do the upgrade to A13.
If i first flash stock AP, sideload through adb and then reflash patched AP, won't that revert my upgrade ? I mean the android version isn't in the AP ?

@Hamid Chikh
Can you please sort it out for me ?
I have stock recovery.
Thanks.

Reactions: Hamid Chikh

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Okay thanks but i dont know what method you're talking about.
I never rooted over a beta release.
Can you redirect me some further info ?
Do you mean same method as you root the A12 ? You need to patch the AP file.
If i flash the AP file first, the update will detect changed contents in it and won't do the upgrade to A13.
If i first flash stock AP, sideload through adb and then reflash patched AP, won't that revert my upgrade ? I mean the android version isn't in the AP ?
Get TWRP + vbmeta same as A12
Flash it with Odin and reboot to TWRP → run multidisabler from TWRP terminal → FORMAT DATA (not factory reset) → Reboot → flash magisk25.2.zip
Install Magisk 25.2 apk once device boot
That's it.

Reactions: kanon75

kanon75

Aug 28, 2021
Get TWRP + vbmeta same as A12
Flash it with Odin and reboot to TWRP → run multidisabler from TWRP terminal → FORMAT DATA (not factory reset) → Reboot → flash magisk25.2.zip
Install Magisk 25.2 apk once device boot
That's it.
Sorry if i ask maybe yhe same things, but if i make Format Data, ofcourse i lose all of my mobile, right? And with twrp installed, if a new version of A13 beta comes, is it possilble to update with sideload?

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Sorry if i ask maybe yhe same things, but if i make Format Data, ofcourse i lose all of my mobile, right? And with twrp installed, if a new version of A13 beta comes, is it possilble to update with sideload?
Yes all data will be lost.
With or without twrp, if device is rooted, you can't sideload future beta.

Reactions: kanon75

Top Liked Posts